• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mafia Signups! A Song of Ice and Fire - Sabotage at King's Landing

Its almost perfect aside from one thing. Lord Baelish has a great deal of subtlety.

Is Lord Baelish the same character as 'littlefinger'?

(I'll look them up eventually, before we start the game thread)

Is knowing the characters going to be important? I don't watch Game of Thrones.

With Vance and Caps that brings us to 11!

God. I can't stay away. This game will be too good. I'll play if you'll have me.

Step into my web!

Is Lord Baelish the same character as 'littlefinger'?

(I'll look them up eventually, before we start the game thread)

Yes

Is knowing the characters going to be important? I don't watch Game of Thrones.

It'll help. The page I linked will tell you all about the event that the game is based on and should include most of the important characters. Certainly you can look up any character name that someone mentions.

I don't know how the hell to play, but I want in.

Don't discuss/mention/allude to the game outside of the game thread and other channels provided by the gamemod (Pasch) after the game starts (it will be a different thread, after we get role PMs).

That's probably the most important.

And don't edit posts in the game thread during the game.

The basic gist is as follows. There are a certain number of players. I think 12 right now. A small group will be mafia (aka scum) and the rest will be town. The mafia members will know who the members of their team are, town will not. Every day (game day, not actual 24 hour period) the town will vote and choose who they want to lynch. When they select a person, that person is killed and removed from the game, and their alignment, role, and any special abilities will be revealed. Then the night phase will begin, where no one can talk, and the mafia team will select a single target to kill during the night, who will be revealed in the morning just as the lynch target was revealed. Many players will also have night actions during the night, such as protecting a player from being killed, spying on a player to see if they take any action, or stopping another player's action.

The objective of both factions is to eliminate the other faction. Sometimes there are third party factions, such as a serial killer, whose goal is to be the last man standing, knows no one's alignment, and gets a kill every night, functioning as a 1 person mafia team. Sometimes there are also multiple mafia teams. Town has numbers on their side, but mafia has more information, knowing who their allies are. A mafia team will be able to speak with one another during the night phase as well, provided in a quicktopic thread.

The main tool of the town is the deductive process, as players argue with each other to decide whom to lynch. Town players generally want to be honest with each other, while mafia wants to deceive town into choosing the wrong players, but also must be careful not to give themselves away. A game with 12 or so players should take ~5 game days.

I tend to like more open games-to answer your earlier question-allows me to be more analytical

A few other pointers Apdst. At the conclusion of the game, if your side loses, it's someone else's fault or Pacsh's fault for the way the game is set up.

If you win, however, it's only because of you.

:mrgreen:

A few other pointers Apdst. At the conclusion of the game, if your side loses, it's someone else's fault or Pacsh's fault for the way the game is set up.

If you win, however, it's only because of you.

:mrgreen:

This isn't League of Legends!

I'm in

I had posted signups for a game of my own about two months ago. Pasch, you had said that you would like to take a break from hosting and just play one here. You want yours to go first, or mine?

Wait, when picking an HBO drama to make a Mafia game out of, why didn't you go with Boardwalk Empire? Seems a bit more pertinent to the whole Mafia scenario.

Wait, when picking an HBO drama to make a Mafia game out of, why didn't you go with Boardwalk Empire? Seems a bit more pertinent to the whole Mafia scenario.
We were picking a fantasy world to make a mafia game out of.

That the chosen one is also an HBO series, was incidental.

I'm in

I had posted signups for a game of my own about two months ago. Pasch, you had said that you would like to take a break from hosting and just play one here. You want yours to go first, or mine?

Glad to have you aboard! Let's do this one first, and then yours.

Current players - 13

Your Star
Fruityfact
Helix
The Mark
Chad
Eco
Tucker Case
Thorgasm
X Factor
VanceMack
Madlib
Apdst
Capslock

13 is a fine number to go with. If we don't get any more, I'll close signups on Wednesday and start the game on Friday/Saturday.

Last edited:
i'll remove the announcement early tomorrow.

I know absolutely zero about Game of Thrones and have no intention of learning anything about it either, but sure I'll play.

I know absolutely zero about Game of Thrones and have no intention of learning anything about it either, but sure I'll play.

You may refer to me as Lord Baelish, until instructed otherwise.

You may refer to me as Lord Baelish, until instructed otherwise.

And you might as well go ahead and drink a glass of warm week old tomato juice from a pewter chalice now

And you might as well go ahead and drink a glass of warm week old tomato juice from a pewter chalice now

Sir Lord Baelish.

Sir Lord Baelish.

I am sorry, but since I am undefeated in Mafia wars and you are not :)mrgreen:), you will get all the reverence from me that a stable boy deserves.

Back
Top Bottom