• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Madonna talks guns

Jerry

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Gun talk starts at 2:20
[video=youtube;VwoJDGDMSOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VwoJDGDMSOw[/video]

Madonna aligns with NRA, schools gun-grabbing liberal media
June 22, 2013 by Michael Dorstewitz

madonna-flaunted-pistols-and-ak47s-just-hours-after-the-colorado-shooting-300x225.jpg

During an interview that aired on Friday’s “Good Morning America,” pop diva Madonna made a comment usually heard from tea partiers and National Rifle Association members: “Guns don’t kill people; people kill people.

Madonna appeared on the ABC News morning program promoting her concert event, “Madonna: The MDNA Tour,” which airs Saturday on the EPIX network. The first half of the concert relies heavily on the use of guns as props, which has drawn some criticism. When ABC News’ Elizabeth Vargas asked her if she’d considered changing or deleting that segment of the show, Madonna said absolutely not.

That would be like asking people to not have guns in action movies,” she said. “I mean the thing is, guns don’t kill people, people kill people. That whole first section of the show is like an action movie, and I was playing a super vixen who wanted revenge.”

Vargas then reminded her of recent instances of gun violence. But I know there was several movies that delayed release because of the shootings, for example, at Sandy Hook Elementary school,” Vargas said.

Well that’s not going to change the situation,” Madonna answered. “This all comes from fear and ignorance, and people not really raising their children, or not paying attention to what’s going on.”

Last edited:
Get out the broom, sweep that under the rug, pay no attention to that raising their children comment. We can't have another Bill Cosby out there messing with the status 47% quo.

Nobody gives a **** about Madonna. Honestly, I thought she died of an overdose like every other washed up 80's star who didn't know when to give up and get a real job.

Nobody gives a **** about Madonna. Honestly, I thought she died of an overdose like every other washed up 80's star who didn't know when to give up and get a real job.
Well Iam sure she made more money in her fake job then you and whatever "real" job you got.
Wouldnt call my self a fan of hers, but she is spot on in this issue.
She just needs to be taught to handle a gun correctly.

If that were true, she wouldn't have landed the interview let alone sell concert tickets.

Do you have anything to say about her position?

If that were true, she wouldn't have landed the interview let alone sell concert tickets.

Do you have anything to say about her position?

Personally I think that him attacking her rather than her position says it all.

LOL - yes - I tried to care enough to click the link but didn't have it in me.

Ive never really got the angst about Madonna. She is an entertainer...love her music, hate her music, whatever. Listening to entertainers advise on politics is akin to going to an auto mechanic for advice about brain surgery.

For what it is worth, I thought her comments were pretty much spot on.

Ive never really got the angst about Madonna. She is an entertainer...love her music, hate her music, whatever. Listening to entertainers advise on politics is akin to going to an auto mechanic for advice about brain surgery.

For what it is worth, I thought her comments were pretty much spot on.
I liked this interview because it was a celebrity putting her money where he mouth was, not simply expressing an opinion. Also, she wasn't offering advice of any kind, she was defending her use of guns in her show, and only commented on the shootings after the interviewer brought it up. Madonna didn't take that interview to advocate gun ownership, in fact I had to note the time index the 'gun talk' began because Madonna was more interested in talking about the theatrics of the show itself.

Hey, I just became a Madonna fan.

Personally I think that him attacking her rather than her position says it all.

Because celebrity opinions are irrelevant. Sociopolitical issues and rights are nothing more than fads to those people. Today she's pro-gun to show her fans how edgy she is, next week she'll be anti-gun to make her sponsors happy.

You people falling for the same **** over and over again is pretty telling too.

Because celebrity opinions are irrelevant. Sociopolitical issues and rights are nothing more than fads to those people. Today she's pro-gun to show her fans how edgy she is, next week she'll be anti-gun to make her sponsors happy.

You people falling for the same **** over and over again is pretty telling too.

Her opinions are just as relevent as yours. Do you apply the same logic to you?

To be consistent, I don't give a rat's ass about Madonna's views any more than I give a rat's ass about Barbra Streisand's or George Clooney's views.

To be consistent, I don't give a rat's ass about Madonna's views any more than I give a rat's ass about Barbra Streisand's or George Clooney's views.

Unless they were all nekkid, then I take Madonna's.

My opinions aren't a publicity stunt to sell tickets.

In case you didn't notice it, Madonna was asked that question because of her video. She answered and did not go any further than she had to in order to explain why she had guns in her video. Do you harp on every celebrity that answers every question put to them? Or only when they answer in a way that you don't like?

Well, that's unexpected.

Celebrity endorsements do nothing for me, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, given the social workings of the Hollywood crowd.

Back
Top Bottom