• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Madison Cawthorn vows to 'expose' fellow Republicans following election defeat: 'It's time for Dark MAGA to truly take command'

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Fresh off of a primary election defeat that saw members of his own party and even some former supporters turn their backs on him, 26-year-old Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina is vowing revenge.
The orgy allegations marked something of a turning point for Cawthorn: within days, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy had summoned the 26-year-old to his office, telling reporters afterwards that Cawthorn had lost his trust.

Republican Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina then backed Edwards' primary challenge to Cawthorn, and even former President Donald Trump observed that Cawthorn had made "foolish mistakes" while in office even as he urged voters to give him a "second chance."
He also wrote that the time for "gentile politics as usual" is over, declaring that it's "time for the rise of the new right, it's time for Dark MAGA to truly take command."

"Dark MAGA" refers to a burgeoning aesthetic movementgaining traction among the far-right online. The Global Network on Extremism & Technology has identified the movement as one that "celebrates violence and the terror that fascist organising might inspire."

"We have an enemy to defeat, but we will never be able to defeat them until we defeat the cowardly and weak members of our own party," he wrote. "Their days are numbered. We are coming."
First off, can we just call him and anyone who supports him a fascist now? There is no reason to bitch out about someone using rhetoric this blatant. Anyone who denies this language is fascistic is either politically unintelligent or is deliberately lying.

As for Cawthorn, he has just 7 and a half months left in Congress, and it remains unclear what exactly he means by his pledge to "expose" his colleagues.
Secondly, please please please share. If he can do one positive thing for the world it would be to spitefully take down the "RINOs" on his way out. If he actually has evidence of cocaine orgies I will cry myself into a coma.

"Dark MAGA"?

You reap what you sow GOP and you ain't seen nuthin' yet. You thought you could control Fat Donnie and just take advantage of his popularity. NOPE

Fat Donnie thinks he will control the rabid Right. NOPE

Gotta' plan C Repukes.

"Dark MAGA"?
it's just fascism. I cannot stress this enough. At this point Cawthorn is running on an openly fascistic platform. We will very quickly see which members of the GOP are willing to stand up to "dark MAGA" and denounce him. It's worth noting who he listed as his "true friends".

After declaring that the "best is yet to come" two days after he conceded defeat to state Sen. Chuck Edwards, the first-term lawmaker posted a graphic on Instagram that he says includes the "lion share [sic] of figures that came to my defense when it was not politically profitable."

The list included Fox News host Tucker Carlson, Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Matt Gaetz of Florida, and Paul Gosar of Arizona, Steve Bannon, the National Rifle Association, and various other right-wing media figures.
"When the establishment turned their guns on me, when the Uni-party coalesced to defeat an America First member very few people had my back," said Cawthorn. "These are honorable men and women who are the type of friends anyone yearns to have. "

You reap what you sow GOP and you ain't seen nuthin' yet. You thought you could control Fat Donnie and just take advantage of his popularity. NOPE

Fat Donnie thinks he will control the rabid Right. NOPE

Gotta' plan C Repukes.
No, we will reap what they sow. Their "plan C" is to just use the "dark MAGA" voting base to get political power. They are just going to roll over and side with them because that is the voter base now.

First off, can we just call him and anyone who supports him a fascist now? There is no reason to bitch out about someone using rhetoric this blatant. Anyone who denies this language is fascistic is either politically unintelligent or is deliberately lying.

Secondly, please please please share. If he can do one positive thing for the world it would be to spitefully take down the "RINOs" on his way out. If he actually has evidence of cocaine orgies I will cry myself into a coma.
Of course the boy is incapable of acting maturely.

So now over there it's "Dark MAGA" against the very traditional "white MAGA".

"America First member" means nationalist. The "Uni-party" are non-nationalists in his story.

I thought Maddie would look forward to spending more facetime with his cousin?

Dark MAGA?

119-512.png

...wait

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

This is some real fascist shit.

I can't help it. With Billy Madison's love of Hitler and going with "Dark MAGA", when I see "Dark MAGA" I hear the Star Wars Imperial March song.

Cawthorn’s election in ‘20 was facilitated by Trump and the cowardly Republicans that kiss his ass.

In normal times, he wouldn’t have been elected once.
These aren’t normal times, clearly. What I’m trying to convey is I’m finding behavior like this increasingly less “haha look at what the wacky fringe is saying, so crazy” and more “oh my god the GOP is going to keep platforming this guy after this aren’t they. Oh my god”.

I don’t think we are going to go back to “normal times” anytime soon. A huge part of the GOP hasn’t accepted the election results STILL. If the Democrats win in future elections they will see it as further evidence of fraud and further cement their belief that something has to be done.

Just shaking my head......

The guy is clearly mentally ill.
How this folks get notoriety and even elected is a bad reflection of the species.

I would love it however it's all talk until becomes front page material.......

Every voter on planet earth USA is moderate compared to the very right wing inspired Anti American RINO Tea Party GOP ABSOLUTELY!!!​

The guy is clearly mentally ill.
I dislike this framing. It takes away agency from his actions. He is not mentally ill (at least in the medical sense of the word). He’s of his own mind and is aware of his actions and is doing them with intent.

I dislike this framing. It takes away agency from his actions. He is not mentally ill (at least in the medical sense of the word). He’s of his own mind and is aware of his actions and is doing them with intent.

He is mentally ill. You are speaking to a legal definition.
99% of mentally ill do not fit the legal definition you used.

OH MY GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD....

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD

THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!! GO MADDY GO!!!! lolol!

Guys, I am so loving this - seriously, the Republicans are evil, but they're really ****ing entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom