• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Madison Cawthorn... again Lordy there's a tape

Completely agree, but I question the wisdom of recoding the encounter.
Have to admit, proudly owning this, like the lingerie photos, is pretty bad ass.

Tangent:
I was an adult when I finally found out what it meant when “Fluffy went to live on a farm.”
As a very young child I had a dog that "ran away" while we were on vacation... Raising very young children now I can appreciate how awesome my parents were/are.

Have to admit, proudly owning this, like the lingerie photos, is pretty bad ass.
Yeah, a wise old man admitting to youthful indiscretions and locker room talk, you know how old he is, right?

Yeah, a wise old man admitting to youthful indiscretions and locker room talk, you know how old he is, right?
26? Had to look it up.

Imagine if more people said "Yeah, I wore lingerie once, who the **** cares? Lots of humans do." The United States might be a less rash, more tolerant place.

Who'd a thunk it. The tards are all up in arms over a homosexual relationship. Hmm, can this mean liberal tolerance for all is phony?
No, it means conservative hypocrisy is on full display.

Remember that next time the likes of Cawthorn and Trump keep getting elected by the party of “family values”.

26? Had to look it up.

Imagine if more people said "Yeah, I wore lingerie once, who the **** cares? Lots of humans do." The United States might be a less rash, more tolerant place.
When actions don’t equal words, people notice. It’s not isolated events, it’s the entire package since he has been in office. He certainly has upset more than a few powerful people. I know it’s a quaint feeling; to expect elected representatives to be above reproach……….

He's being punished by the right...

...but if the punishment isn't by the right...

...it'd be the right defending him?

I think we have the makings of a new logical fallacy here.
Cawthorn is being punished, while Trump was defended by the hypocrites. What’s the difference? Trump was just out to “own the libs”- so that made it OK. Cawthorn impugned the tribe itself- he was a traitor.

This has nothing to do with character or the actions themselves. Those are just tools to be used discriminately and judiciously in the perceived war of “us against them”. For the GOP today, it’s just down to circling the wagons, primitive tribalism, blind partisanship, and identity politics.

The only reason Cawthorn is being “punished” but Trump never was is that Cawthorn was a traitor to the tribe, that’s all. It’s not about the actions themselves.

Last edited:
No, it means conservative hypocrisy is on full display.

Remember that next time the likes of Cawthorn and Trump keep getting elected by the party of “family values”.
Everyone is hoping that all humans accept other humans wearing lingerie etc. and clap back at anyone who shames them for it. Which is why Cawthorn has owned these pictures and not been embarrassed in the least.

When actions don’t equal words, people notice. It’s not isolated events, it’s the entire package since he has been in office. He certainly has upset more than a few powerful people. I know it’s a quaint feeling; to expect elected representatives to be above reproach……….
Yeah, he's said "hey, I've worn lingerie, and been invited to parties that involve (Gasps from the crowd!!!!) sex and drugs." Guess what? That shit happens. And if it doesn't hurt anyone, why the **** do you care so much?

Yes, he's upset powerful people in his state. But who cares what they think, if they're going to be such assholes about people's personal choices?

The video is out there. And I'm not posting it here.

Video outed by Daily Mail. He's clearly getting punished from the right for his "Republican cocaine orgies" comment. If it wasn't from the right, there'd be vehement righties in congress and elsewhere jumping to his defense.

I saw the video last night. It totally screamed "Family Values" to me.

In the olden days, when the Republicans weren't Trumpian frauds, this would have been the end of his career.

The NC primary is later this month. I would wager that more information dropping will depend on how Maddie performs.

Cawthorn is being punished, while Trump was defended by the hypocrites. What’s the difference? Trump was just out to “own the libs”- so that made it OK. Cawthorn impugned the tribe itself- he was a traitor.

This has nothing to do with character or the actions themselves. Those are just tools to be used discriminately and judiciously in the perceived war of “us against them”. For the GOP today, it’s just down to circling the wagons, primitive tribalism, blind partisanship, and identity politics.

The only reason Cawthorn is being “punished” but Trump never was is that Cawthorn was a traitor to the tribe, that’s all. It’s not about the actions themselves.
Tell ya what - once you figure out what I actually said - and to whom, get back with me. Till then, your opinions are irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom