• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Madeline Albright, first female US secretary of state, dies at 84

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
RIP.
______

Madeleine Albright, the first woman US secretary of state, who helped steer Western foreign policy in the aftermath of the Cold War, has died. She was 84 years old.

Her death was confirmed in an email to staff of the Albright Stonebridge Group, a global strategy firm founded by Albright

She was a tough one.

RIP.
______

Madeleine Albright, the first woman US secretary of state, who helped steer Western foreign policy in the aftermath of the Cold War, has died. She was 84 years old.

Her death was confirmed in an email to staff of the Albright Stonebridge Group, a global strategy firm founded by Albright

#sad

I attended a lecture by Sec. Albright a number of years ago. Diminutive in stature, her gravitas and knowledge filled the room.

In 1996, Albright appeared on CBS’s 60 Minutes with reporter Lesly Stahl, who said, “We have heard that a half a million children have died [because of sanctions against Iraq]. I mean that is more children than died in Hiroshima. And – you know, is the price worth it?” Albright replied, “I think this is a very hard choice, but the price – we think the price is worth it.”

Exceptional woman and a life well lived. May God rest her soul and bring her family peace and joy. One tough broad!

RIP.
______

a very intelligent and capable woman.

I always was fascinated by her brooches. Each and every one served a purpose. It was so intriguing.

She did the right thing regarding Elian Gonzalez. Blood is thicker than politics.

Flinty... just like her old boss Zbigniew Brzezinski, they both learned early the price and importance of standing up to tyranny... and speaking truth to power. I always found it striking that her father was also Condi Rice's mentor. Mr. Korbel's girl knew her stuff.

The world is a worse place without her, but a far better place for her having been here.

RIP, amazing life and career.

Back
Top Bottom