• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MacArthur loses New Jersey House race to Democratic challenger Andy Kim

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/414642-obamacare-repeal-architect-unseated-by-dem-challenger

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) lost his seat to Democratic challenger Andy Kim on Wednesday, resulting in a near-wipeout for the GOP in the state, The Associated Press reported.

With MacArthur's loss, Democrats successfully flipped four Republican seats in New Jersey in the midterm elections this year, some of which had been held by the GOP for decades.

Come January, there will only be one Republican congressman from New Jersey — Rep. Chris Smith, who easily won reelection in a Republican-friendly district.
==============================================
I'm glad this turned out for Kim. I'm in the Phila area TV market which includes south NJ. The Repub attack ads against Kim were almost funny they were so frequent. They must have spent a fortune trying to save this seat.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/414642-obamacare-repeal-architect-unseated-by-dem-challenger

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) lost his seat to Democratic challenger Andy Kim on Wednesday, resulting in a near-wipeout for the GOP in the state, The Associated Press reported.

With MacArthur's loss, Democrats successfully flipped four Republican seats in New Jersey in the midterm elections this year, some of which had been held by the GOP for decades.

Come January, there will only be one Republican congressman from New Jersey — Rep. Chris Smith, who easily won reelection in a Republican-friendly district.
I'm glad this turned out for Kim. I'm in the Phila area TV market which includes south NJ. The Repub attack ads against Kim were almost funny they were so frequent. They must have spent a fortune trying to save this seat.

Ouch.

Maybe the GOP shouldn't have aligned itself with that menace in the Oval Office and turned into the party of "Ooooh there's a big bad caravan of brown peoples on their way here to steal my job", and this wouldn't have happened.

Ouch.

Maybe the GOP shouldn't have aligned itself with that menace in the Oval Office and turned into the party of "Ooooh there's a big bad caravan of brown peoples on their way here to steal my job", and this wouldn't have happened.

This congressman was the guy responsible for getting the GOP’s repeal of Obamacare through the house.

https://www.app.com/story/opinion/c...carthur-affordable-care-act-repeal/566838002/

MacArthur not on his constituents' side: Hahn/Hernandez

On Thursday, it will be one year since the House of Representatives, thanks in large part to the efforts of Congressman Tom MacArthur, R-N.J., voted to gut the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), often known as Obamacare, by passing the American Health Care Act (AHCA). Fortunately, the bill didn't pass the Senate, so a full repeal was never signed into law.
=======================================
He got what his constituents felt he deserved.

New Jersey's pretty much a cesspool of Leftwing Corruption. hopefully Republican residents will move to states that are more hospitable to freedom

New Jersey's pretty much a cesspool of Leftwing Corruption. hopefully Republican residents will move to states that are more hospitable to freedom

Yeah plenty of states where rightwing corruption is alive and well to set up residence... :peace

Yeah plenty of states where rightwing corruption is alive and well to set up residence... :peace

I wonder how many states have had a similar number of politicians sent to federal prison. Look up Herb Stern and read about him.

I can't see the words New Jersey without thinking of the opening credits for The Sopranos.

Yeah. And Bob Menendez won againtoo. Hooray for Joisey, right?

I had assumed that New Jersey was already hopelessly blue -- like my California.

Thanks for the news.

The GOP should disband in N.J. and California.

Let the people of those two states learn the hard way to be careful what they wish for.

Your thread says nothing but the outcome of one of of 535 House election outcomes - which we all already know how those turned out, ie another worthless new thread.

Why not start still another 354 new threads - one for each of the other members of the House of Representatives? You should be able to double your new thread starts from 1,000 to 2,000 within 2 months.

BUT BUT BUT....trump tweeted that the mid-terms were a HUUUUUUGE success for the republicans cos they increased their majority in the senate. And furthermore the blue wave didn't happen . So NA NA NA NA NA . Take that snowflakes. trump won HUUUUUGE.

Your thread says nothing but the outcome of one of of 535 House election outcomes - which we all already know how those turned out, ie another worthless new thread.

Why not start still another 354 new threads - one for each of the other members of the House of Representatives? You should be able to double your new thread starts from 1,000 to 2,000 within 2 months.

I think it is important for a new thread to begin every time a republican seat is flipped to the democrats. We should be reminded about how hugely successful the mid-terms were for trump and the republicans. HUUUUUGE!!!

I had assumed that New Jersey was already hopelessly blue -- like my California.

Thanks for the news.

Let the people of those two states learn the hard way to be careful what they wish for.

I remember when New Jersey had a republican governor Chris Christie. You know the guy who closed all public beaches just so he and his family could sunbake in peace. And lets not forget what happened when Christie thanked President Obama for helping his state after the hurricane. The republicans told him NOT to accept assistance from a black guy and let the people there suffer.

Oh and lets not forget how the republicans -especially trump - have treated the people who have died and lost their homes in California's bushfires. He tweeted threats at them. Real classy.

Ouch.

What big bad caravan of brown people? trump has barely mentioned it since the mid-terms. Don't tell me he used the caravan of refugees to win over his racist redneck fans.

I wonder how many states have had a similar number of politicians sent to federal prison. Look up Herb Stern and read about him.

You really don't wonder as many states have dirty political histories... now as far as corruption goes my state does it 'legal' style- giving massive benefits to the wealthy, cutting the energy tax on oil (the claim is the companies will pull out and drill elsewhere- like oil is under every square foot of the Republic- :doh )

Looks like older states have long lists of political convicts, my state (part of Trump's beloved fly over states) has it's fair share of thieves pervs and ner-do wells and we only have a century of statehood...

But vague paintbrush statements are your stock and trade.... :peace

You really don't wonder as many states have dirty political histories... now as far as corruption goes my state does it 'legal' style- giving massive benefits to the wealthy, cutting the energy tax on oil (the claim is the companies will pull out and drill elsewhere- like oil is under every square foot of the Republic- :doh )

Looks like older states have long lists of political convicts, my state (part of Trump's beloved fly over states) has it's fair share of thieves pervs and ner-do wells and we only have a century of statehood...

But vague paintbrush statements are your stock and trade.... :peace

few states have had more convictions of politicians in the last 40 years or so

few states have had more convictions of politicians in the last 40 years or so

Again, not the point, and another throw away vague claim... :roll:

I said there are many GAWD fearing Red states where the political corruption is far more Republicant friendly... Plenty of corrupt rabid right 'fly-over' states a migratory conservative can flee too... if they can appreciate the lower educational, healthcare, higher drug and prisoner rates of the paradise Republicants have built where most Americans refuse to live... :peace

NY and NJ tried to warn the GOP and the rest of the country about Trump.. Neither listened, now the GOP has paid the price in NY and HJ. The GOP took a beating in both States.

And it's going to get uglier next year when Mueller and the Dem House make Trump and his family's lives miserable.

Thanks for the news.

Yay one party rule....

Back
Top Bottom