• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Macabre discovery in Jette

bub

R.I.P. Léo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"Les corps d'une octogénaire et de son fils de 49 ans ont été retrouvés mercredi à l'état de squelettes dans leur maison de la rue Dupré à Jette. Les deux personnes étaient décédées depuis 2004 sans que personne ne s'en aperçoive, rapporte vendredi La Dernière Heure."

"The bodies of a 80-years old man and of his 49-y/o son have been found on wednesday at their home in Jette (Brussels), decomposed at the state of skeleton. These two persons had died in 2004, but nobody had noticed, according to the newspaper La Dernière Heure

7s7 Bruxelles - Macabre découverte à Jette (959653)

"The bodies were found in the bedrooms of the house, whose shutters were closed since 2004. It is a judge who made the discovery, when he entered the house within the framework of an inheritance case.

5 years ago, a worried neighbor had called the police, but no one had entered the house. It was believed that the two deceased people had gone back to Italy."

It's a bit frightening, since it's not so rare: in the street of my student room (also in Brussels), last year, an old guy had died and it took several weeks to discover it.

There seems to be a big problem of solitude, or at least a big lack of strong social links among certain people living in cities. You're surrounded by thousands of people but paradoxically you seem to know fewer people.

Things are different in the countryside (where I come from) IMO. Since there are fewer people, everybody knows everybody, and if you "disappear" it is quickly discovered.

I've seen several stories like this out of Europe in recent years. I think American nosiness helps prevent this in our country.

Back
Top Bottom