• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

M3 Money supply and Shadow Stats

Lord Tammerlain

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As the US government stopped providing the M3 money supply stat, does anyone have access to Shadow stats which I believe calculates it. If possible could the M3 growth over the last 10 years be posted

It would be appreciated

Thanks

It has decreased a lot less then I would have expected

Thanks

That might be due to the fact that there are so many underwater mortgages. Both commerical and residential mortgages are on life support. Also remember that our trade deficit creates many dollars as China et al reinvest their funds in dollars, along with other foreigners.

"Money" to the average American, who until recently wasn't "saving" much, is a credit card or HELOC:

There's no more telling statistic about the structural changes occurring in the U.S. economy than Americans' stance toward debt: They're reducing it, and that trend continued in June as credit-use fell another $1.3 billion, an annualized rate of 0.7%, the Federal Reserve announced Friday. That marked the fifth consecutive monthly drop in consumer credit, and the 19th decline in the past 21 months.

See full article from DailyFinance: Paying Debt, Spending Less: Consumer Credit Use Fell Again in June - DailyFinance

I forgot to add that "cash" is the stuff Americans send to the bank so it keeps giving them "money."

"Money" to the average American, who until recently wasn't "saving" much, is a credit card or HELOC:

Thats very true. If I ever say "I have $50 in my wallet" that probably means that I have a credit card that is $50 away from being maxed out.

Back
Top Bottom