• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

\m/ \m/ The Metal thread.

axelthefox

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

For some reason, metal bands sound better live, then on cd.

It's surprising that after Grunge died in the 90's that people forgot about heavy metal.

I remember when i was growing up, when there was heavy metal on the radio and tv.

I remember when Metal was really big back in the 80's, bands like Warrant,Winger,whitesnake,Def Leppard,Iron Maiden and you would see interviews in magazines and on tv with those stars.

Last edited:
And there some who might call metal noise.

But i think if i gave a person my slightly beat up Ibanez 6-string guitar and asked them to play a overly techinical metal song, they would probably fail.

Last edited:
Because if you play guitar or play any kind of instrument you start to learn and appreciate the talent it takes to play music in a given genre.

I have played or at least tried to play guitar and played or at least tried to play metal and rock.

BORING. I thought this was going to be about thread forms. You know, pipe thread, acme, american standard.

BORING. I thought this was going to be about thread forms. You know, pipe thread, acme, american standard.

what?

I guess you like that cRap music where the rapper raps about thug life,slinging drugs and such.

Last edited:
I have to thank Redress for recommending this band to me. . .

I recommend this setting for google chrome's equalizer add-on, if you use Bose or Bose-like speakers for your computer/etc:

Vitus settings.jpg

Oh and this no-video live album from 1990 (sound iffy, but hey):

Last edited:
AIC, wrongly labeled "grunge", at Clash of the Titans. Skip to 2:10 in, ish.

Others:

It's surprising that after Grunge died in the 90's that people forgot about heavy metal.

I remember when i was growing up, when there was heavy metal on the radio and tv.

I remember when Metal was really big back in the 80's, bands like Warrant,Winger,whitesnake,Def Leppard,Iron Maiden and you would see interviews in magazines and on tv with those stars.

I’d say metal wasnt forgotten, just evolved and mixed with other genres like metal opera which is one of my faves.

And there some who might call metal noise.

But i think if i gave a person my slightly beat up Ibanez 6-string guitar and asked them to play a overly techinical metal song, they would probably fail.

I tend to like stratocasters. Got one for my birthday when i was a teen :)

There is no better version from this song

And always brilliant, Lemmy

Love this

memories of a misspent youth

more glorious youth sentiment

the best guitar duo IMHO in heavy metal

And for this thread:

Back
Top Bottom