• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lynch: Justice Dept. to seek death penalty against Dylann Roof [W: 157]

Re: Lynch: Justice Dept. to seek death penalty against Dylann Roof

This made me laugh; you should be careful, there are people who will take any comment in this forum seriously and write diatribes.

But I find this forum's humorlessness quite amusing.

But I find this forum's humorlessness quite amusing.

It started out with questions about a secret agenda. It'll eventually turn into the evil negroes exercising their power over the poor and defenseless white teenager.

I have no problem with your country seeking the death penalty in this case - the details of the event have bothered me and I can find no reason to show any mercy to an individual who was welcomed with open arms into a church community and proceeded to kill several of those who opened themselves to him.

I would object, however, to the rationale for seeking the death penalty having to do with the race and/or religion of the victims. The law should be applied according to the act, not the motive, in my view.

I have no problem with your country seeking the death penalty in this case - the details of the event have bothered me and I can find no reason to show any mercy to an individual who was welcomed with open arms into a church community and proceeded to kill several of those who opened themselves to him.

I would object, however, to the rationale for seeking the death penalty having to do with the race and/or religion of the victims. The law should be applied according to the act, not the motive, in my view.

Of course it has to do with race. Roof gets executed...Black Lives Matter gets an invite to The White House.

Another fun fact, as a single example of "the liberal" Loretta Lynch has a long history of being strongly opposed to the death penalty even famously arguing that the relative ease with which the death penalty was invoked when defendants were likely to be African-American or Hispanic suggested a systemic disregard for minority citizens.

As a U.S. Attorney Lynch was well known for not seeking the death penalty in cases against minority offenders when other attorneys would have done so without giving it a second thought.

But in the case of a high-profile white offender killing African Americans Lynch has no such objection.

Oddly, coming out of the Obama administration, this completely fails to surprise.

And just to alleviate any confusion here, I'm not suggesting that Roof should be spared the death penalty. If he's found guilty of the crimes he's been charged with he certainly deserves it.

My point is simply that Loretta Lynch is a racist piece of trash.

Because she advocates the execution of a White racist who murdered 9 Black Americans or do you have another reason?

Fill us in.

He is. He posted racist propaganda from a clearly racist source on his twitter account. I'm not calling him one without evidence, he has proven he is by the things he says and does. Want to try again? Or maybe you can tell us about the evil black people conspiring against poor little Dylan Roof?

Just because you say that he is a racist, doesn't mean that everyone else will agree with you. You claim that he is a racist because he posted something from a racist source on Twitter. Wow, that is really strong evidence. NOT. The fact is that the left uses the word racist so much that it really does not have a strong meaning any longer. It just means someone that the left doesn't like.

Just because you say that he is a racist

I am not 'saying' he is. I know he is. He posted racist propaganda originating from a racist source and tried to pass it off as part of some legitimate discussion. That's Stormfront 101. It's nothing more than the tired old and false argument that whites are being massacred on the streets by evil minorities. Apdst, the poster who liked your post, did exactly same thing (pass off racist garbage in a discussion) got caught and exposed and has been living in shame ever since. That he'd liked your absurd argument is no surprise.

Just because you say that he is a racist, doesn't mean that everyone else will agree with you. You claim that he is a racist because he posted something from a racist source on Twitter. Wow, that is really strong evidence. NOT. The fact is that the left uses the word racist so much that it really does not have a strong meaning any longer. It just means someone that the left doesn't like.

When is the last the a Republican presidential candidate wasn't declared a racist by the liberals?

When is the last the a Republican presidential candidate wasn't declared a racist by the liberals?

Lol, keep ducking me. Maybe one day you'll tell us all how you found out about Robert M. Groom.

How many times has Lynch sought after the death penalty?

One for sure. Has she opposed it when the defendant was black?

Name one, other than this one.

Lol, keep ducking me. Maybe one day you'll tell us all how you found out about Robert M. Groom.

Are you saying Henry Gates is a racist?

I'm personally against the death penalty. Our system of justice is flawed. When there is a chance that a single innocent person can be put to death(and I have no doubt that the state has executed the innocent) I am against it.

I am completely against all forms of punishment when there is a chance that only one innocent person can serve a minute in prison, and we know for a fact that has happened, I am against it.

This thread began with a massive lie. The notion that Loretta Lynch, as part of the left, is against the death penalty. We know that is a lie:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/29/u...ey-general-congress-confirmation-hearing.html

On matters of policy, Ms. Lynch called capital punishment “an effective penalty” and said she disagreed with Mr. Obama’s statements that marijuana was no more harmful than alcohol. She called the National Security Agency’s collection of American phone records “certainly constitutional, and effective.”

Loretta Lynch has never been against the death penalty as a punishment.

Are you saying Henry Gates is a racist?

Apdst, how did you come by a white power revisionist's work? :)

They didn't sentence the Boston Bomber to death. Makes you wonder if a different federal jury will do the same here, sentence him to life. Scratch that. They did sentence him to death.

A SC Jury would not hesitate to sentence this kid to death. They'd have this kid on death row by next year, and dead within 5.

Exactly, GWB let Virginia take the beltway sniper because they are the single most active state in carrying out executions. If Roof is convicted in federal court he'll get the full club fed treatment the rest of his life and never be executed. let SC take it.

of course the cynic in me says Lynch doesn't really want to see Roof executed as she is opposed to the death penalty, so this is her way of reminding the black community, who overwhelmingly wants this kid executed, she's serious, while not being serious.

Of course it has to do with race. Roof gets executed...Black Lives Matter gets an invite to The White House.

I wouldn't go that far, but I appreciate the sentiment.

If he thought that he could have political gain and further divide the nation, of course he would. He has yet to exhibit ethical or moral traits in his decision making.

What "political gain" is Barack Obama looking for at this point in his career? Something to advance his next run for the Oval Office?

And can you tell me what black murderers Obama pardoned in the 7 1/2 years he's been in office?

Apdst, how did you come by a white power revisionist's work? :)

How come you're comparing Henry Gates to a white supremacist? A close personal friend of Obama's 21st that, Hatuey.

I wouldn't go that far, but I appreciate the sentiment.

I would, considering that Lynch hasn't saught the death penalty in any other case.

Again, the lie on which this thread was founded can be exposed with a simple look up of Lynch's position on the death penalty:

In an interview with James L. Bernard for some law paper:

U.S Attorney Loretta E. Lynch | FBC

It can be the hardest part of the job. The fo*cus has to be on the nature of the crime and the impact on the victims. After extensive review of a death eligible case, I make a recommendation to the Attor*ney General and it is ultimately his decision. The conduct must be well outside the boundaries of human behavior to argue that someone has forfeited the right to live. In the Wilson case, the Sec*ond Circuit had reversed imposi*tion of the death penalty because of arguments that were made dur*ing closing. We reviewed it again after the reversal and decided to re-seek the death penalty. That was not an easy decision. But it was based upon the nature of the crime. The defendant showed no remorse for the execution of two undercover police officers, one of whom pleaded for his life for the sake of his children just before he was shot in the back of the head. It was a cold-blooded execution done as part of a robbery. After*wards, the defendant wrote a rap song about it. Even with all of that, it was still a very difficult decision.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/08/us/politics/loretta-lynch-eric-holder-attorney-general.html

Her office has also worked aggressively on gang-related cases, including winning a rare death-penalty conviction for Ronell Wilson, who killed a police officer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronell_Wilson

Rated_R.jpg

Loretta Lynch made sure he got a death sentence.

Again, this thread is based on a gigantic lie. Will the OP admit it? I doubt it.

How come you're comparing Henry Gates to a white supremacist? A close personal friend of Obama's 21st that, Hatuey.

Apdst, you should try complete sentences and maybe not pulling up racist propaganda like Trump :)

Apdst, you should try complete sentences and maybe not pulling up racist propaganda :)

Are you saying that Obama is close personal friends with a racist? Maybe his white half is friends Henry Gates, whom you claim is a racist. Do you even know who Henry Gates is? Know enough about him to be calling him a racist?

Back
Top Bottom