• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lying is only bad when Trump can be accused of it

2distracted

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yeh, generally speaking libs basically have no core values. Nothing is set in stone for thes ppl...

Want to have sex with someone of the same gender? No problem

Want to kill your child? Just do it before it's born but no problem

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

Mr Bill can lie, no problem

His wife, ditto..

Schiff is the king of liars

But if Trump says Good morning

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

And also, when Trump says something questionable, suddenly lying is a sin again!

Funny how morals wax and wane with some folks

Last edited:
Yeh, generally speaking libs basically have no core values. Nothing is set in stone for thes ppl...

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

And also, when Trump says something questionable, suddenly lying is a sin again!

No lying is bad to do for anybody, But especially for a person that is in an office like his.
the problem is at the rate he has lied or made a " Misleading statement " since he took office he is now at almost 1 EVERY hour ( 23 a day ) and that is just since he took office
Have a nice night

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

Is calling the mountain of lies trump has told "questionable" how you reconcile the hypocrisy of your own stand?

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

Among the many thousands of lies Trump tells on a daily basis, there are only a dozen or so that could possibly affect human lives in this country. The lie he told today is possibly on the top of the list.

Today, under oath, CDC Director Doctor Robert Redfield held a surgical mask up, and stated that face coverings are “the most powerful public health tool” the nation has against the coronavirus and "might even provide better protection against it than a vaccine". He added; “We have clear scientific evidence they work, and they are our best defense,” “I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine.”

A few hours later when Trump was questioned about this statement by Dr. Redfield during his press conference, Trump not only contradicted Dr. Redfield's statement about when a vaccine would be available for the general population which is in a year or so, he also blatantly lied about Dr. Redfields' statement on masks by saying the doctor was "confused" in his congressional testimony.

This isn't like lying about a sexual affair, or about using his campaign contributions to pay for an abortion for Elliot Broidy's sexual affair with Shera Bechard. This refusal by Trump to acknowledge what the head of the CDC is trying to impress upon people that masks will prevent the spread of this pandemic, will cost some people their lives, and those of their families. There's no forgiveness in me for this egregious, harmful, outright lie.

Hillary was a blatant liar and most of the left refused to take their fingers out of their ears long enough to learn that. My faith in the left died the day they nominated a corporatist Wall Street shill over Bernie Sanders. It was just icing on the cake when they nominated Drug War Joe over Bernie.

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

If all the cities were reduced to radioactive ash from a Russian ICBM attack, Trump probably would say it was a good morning. Or he would say that it was the fault of Democrat mayors for not better defending their cities. Either response is just as likely.

And I could go on and on
Then there is lying.
His wife, ditto..
It's a lie
And a damn big one!

"Trump's constant lying to the American people is OK because gay people exist and abortion is constitutional" is one of the dumbest arguments I've seen trying to protect Trump. You guys really have no rock bottom.

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

Being gay and letting women choose what is right for their bodies is not akin to lying except that, in general, people value things differently, not that they have no values. Having different values than you do is not having no values, nor no morality.

There are factors of lying: like reasons behind the lies, the effect or outcome of a lie, how many lies are told for certain reasons as well as the effects of each of those lies cumulatively, and the response to being caught in a lie (admitting to it, apologizing, denying, etc).

Most people don't consider all lies bad. How many times in the last few days have Trump supporters actually defended Trump for lying about the pamdemic because, according to them, he was trying to stop a panic (an unreasonable excuse for a leader like Trump, and it would still be considered a stupid thing to do for a more compassionate person)? How many condemn parents for Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

Lying is always bad, but we've never had a politician lie with the same frequency. Trump lies even when lying is not beneficial to him. He simply cannot help himself.

And I could go on and on

Then there is lying.

His wife, ditto..

It's a lie

And a damn big one!

NO, that IS a lie.

I was raised to believe, respect and live by the FUNDAMENTAL PREMISE that "A Man's word is his bond". It was the cornerstone of an individual's reputation; it is the cornerstone of my life.

It's NOT OK to lie. It's NOT OK to justify lying. Lying is NOT OK; EVER. That's fundamental. <--Period

That we have a president that doesn't even know what truth is, as evidenced by his constant lying, is a discussion all on its own.

But you are attempting to justify Trump's lying with some convoluted progression of (ill) logic; and that's BULL**** and NOT OK. It IS a LIE.

Back
Top Bottom