• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lunchless Russian Schoolchildren Fainting From Hunger

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Lunchless Russian Schoolchildren Fainting From Hunger, Ombudsman Says | The Moscow Times

shutterstock_1059811214.jpg

Kislitsyn said the problem appeared to be worse at rural schools and among
children who travel to school from rural areas.

1/23/19
A regional Russian ombudsman says a growing number of children have been fainting from hunger at school, suggesting that they cannot afford to buy lunch. Dmitry Kislitsyn expressed concern about the phenomenon when he presented a report to the regional assembly in the Kemerovo region in central Siberia on January 23. "Some children [in the region] go to lunch at school, but others sit in their classrooms and do not eat lunch," the Interfax news agency quoted Kislitsyn as saying. "Cases of children fainting from hunger have increased, which causes concern," he said. The ombudsman suggested that these children's parents cannot afford to feed them breakfast, "let alone the 50 rubles [$0.75] that the children must pay for lunch."

"These are not isolated cases -- first there was one child [who fainted from hunger], now there are a whole bunch," he said, adding that the problem appeared to be worse at rural schools and among children who travel to school from rural areas. Russian media reported that revised sanitary rules for state-run Russian schools prohibit schools from using food or ingredients brought by students from their homes in preparing meals. But the consumer safety watchdog Rospotrebnadzor, which sets the rules, said that they did not forbid children bringing food from home and eating it at school. It was not immediately clear whether the new rules are already being implemented.

Perhaps more butter and fewer guns would solve the problem.

A right wingers dream. That will teach those kids to be tough. If they had their way in the US, we would have starving children in schools. Can't give those kids any free hand outs after all

A right wingers dream. That will teach those kids to be tough. If they had their way in the US, we would have starving children in schools. Can't give those kids any free hand outs after all

:lol:

You wrote what I was thinking. Can't have schoolchildren getting fed by the school, heaven forbid that we need another military jumbo jet or something!

Lunchless Russian Schoolchildren Fainting From Hunger, Ombudsman Says | The Moscow Times

Having once lived in Moscow, back in the 90s before Putin took power, I can't say as I'm surprised by this. There was great hope and promise at one time before the mafia goons took over, but there was also a huge slice of the population who wanted that and still turn a blind eye towards it.

Too bad, so sad.

:lol:

You wrote what I was thinking. Can't have schoolchildren getting fed by the school, heaven forbid that we need another military jumbo jet or something!

Well, to them we can't afford 3 billion to provide healthcare for kids, but we can spend 5 billion on a small section of a pointless, dumb wall that won't work. Its astounding the cognitive dissonance

Well, to them we can't afford 3 billion to provide healthcare for kids, but we can spend 5 billion on a small section of a pointless, dumb wall that won't work. Its astounding the cognitive dissonance

It's all about priorities, man. Some people just don't have them. :shrug:

Having once lived in Moscow, back in the 90s before Putin took power, I can't say as I'm surprised by this. There was great hope and promise at one time before the mafia goons took over, but there was also a huge slice of the population who wanted that and still turn a blind eye towards it.

Too bad, so sad.

Oh yes ......... those good old days of the 90s when Russian assets were pillaged by oligarchs and western advisers, and ordinary people lost their jobs, their apartments, and didn't get paid.

Small wonder that so many people yearn for a restoration of the Yeltsin regime and US economic advisers :roll:

Still, it was a great time for foreigners to steal from the Russian people.

Oh yes ......... those good old days of the 90s when Russian assets were pillaged by oligarchs and western advisers, and ordinary people lost their jobs, their apartments, and didn't get paid.

Small wonder that so many people yearn for a restoration of the Yeltsin regime and US economic advisers :roll:

Still, it was a great time for foreigners to steal from the Russian people.

The Russians were the ones doing the stealing, and they're still doing it.

You have no idea what you're babbling about.

The Russians were the ones doing the stealing, and they're still doing it.

You have no idea what you're babbling about.

Of course ........ I'd have no idea but you do :roll:.

The government doesn't have enough control in Russia? Should they go back to the ultimate leftist agenda, Communism, where everyone was guaranteed to be taken care of?

The government doesn't have enough control in Russia?

Better management and less corruption. In addition, Russia destroys tons of Western foodstuffs that fall under Russian imposed sanctions.

Better management and less corruption. In addition, Russia destroys tons of Western foodstuffs that fall under Russian imposed sanctions.

What tosh are you talking now?

Russia imposed sanctions on some western food imports. You don't know what that means? :roll:

Off-Topic:

Red:
For the life of me I don't understand how an organization donates $30M to help Trump get elected (see also: 2016 Tax Return), and two years later alleges in court to be all but bankrupt. The NRA claimed it's nearly bankrupt because it cannot obtain insurance in connection with media liability.[SUP]1[/SUP] I don't know if that financial position remains extant and worsening. The last I read, the NRA's contributions were down some $55M from 2017, and notably less than in 2016.

Note:
  1. I have no idea of what "media liability" is....

Presumably, but I could be wrong, they mean they cannot find underwriters for the Carry Guard insurance the NRA offered to gun owners. The NRA has something called the "Carry Guard Insurance Program," which it advertises as "personal firearms liability insurance, including self-defense insurance, for those who lawfully carry firearms and their families, including protection against civil liability, the cost to defend against civil and criminal legal actions and immediate access to attorney referrals. The coverage is advertised as including supplementary payments as needed for bail and criminal defense legal retainer fees, among other costs."

Back
Top Bottom