• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lucid argument made by scientist on Obama wanting to tax carbon; other matters

Synopsis please? I don't have an hour for you. Best I can do is 45 seconds.

Synopsis please? I don't have an hour for you. Best I can do is 45 seconds.

This was there from the beginning

We have a renowned famous scientist debunking claims made by Obama.

Reactions: PoS
"She says what I want to hear, so she must be right!"

So if a climatologist says something you dont want to hear then you dismiss their views too? I thought you people said to trust the scientists?

Don't you want to hear this is only Mans fault? Don't you believe Man is in charge of climate and has the ability to dial in any climate man wants?

If not, why the politics over this issue?

To give you some reality here, GM has started selling their EV super truck for $80.000 MSP. Who knows if dealers will sell them that cheap. It has a range of 350 miles. I can't tell you how long you must wait to charge it up but clearly not the 15 minutes needed to fuel up with gasoline.

Beat the rush due to GM announcing the prices will go up to around $112,000

Do your part for climate and buy this truck. It has 800 hp per one report yet others say it has 1000 hp. Get to the grocery store super fast.

So if a climatologist says something you dont want to hear then you dismiss their views too? I thought you people said to trust the scientists?

I do trust the scientists. You’re the one who doesn’t, don’t try and pretend otherwise just because a couple of them say what you want them to say.

I do trust the scientists. You’re the one who doesn’t, don’t try and pretend otherwise just because a couple of them say what you want them to say.
You ignore what Judith Curry has to say, so youre obviously lying.

Economic Hardship Coming To Germany As Country Locks Down, January CO2 Tax Looms
By P Gosselin on 1. November 2020

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Starting tomorrow another Corona lockdown goes into effect in Germany
By A.R. Göhring
(Text translated/edited by P. Gosselin)
The government factions and the Greens decided on a significant increase in CO2 price – from 10 euros per ton up to 25 euros. Not only heating and filling the gas tank will become even more expensive from January 2021, but other sources of energy as well.
In the “climate package” of Autumn 2019, a price of 10 euros per ton of emitted CO2 was agreed upon, but this was criticized by the German Greens and their affiliated Fridays for Future organizations and numerous editorial offices because a curbing effect would not result from the low price.
In plain language, it probably means that not enough money is coming in to pay the profiteers, and therefore the many green lobbyists put pressure to raise the carbon price significantly. And with success: the German Parliament decided to more than double the price to 25 euros per ton.
And since the lockdown has already ripped huge holes in the wallets of many employees and self-employed persons since March, the rising prices of consumer products across the board will put German citizens economically under even more pressure.
Although taxpayers saw some relief from the lowered value added tax to 16%, it is of no use: the reduction expires already on New Year’s Eve.
But, the additional additional revenue from CO2 taxes is also aimed at reducing the burden on citizens, for example the EEG feed-in levy to promote green electricity will be lowered and the commuters will be given tax breaks. But this does not benefit producers, which is why the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce has demanded subsidies. Not without reason: Otherwise, our companies could migrate to nearby foreign countries where no fanatic climate activists are at work.

Reactions: PoS
Economic Hardship Coming To Germany As Country Locks Down, January CO2 Tax Looms
By P Gosselin on 1. November 2020

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Starting tomorrow another Corona lockdown goes into effect in Germany
By A.R. Göhring
(Text translated/edited by P. Gosselin)
The government factions and the Greens decided on a significant increase in CO2 price – from 10 euros per ton up to 25 euros. Not only heating and filling the gas tank will become even more expensive from January 2021, but other sources of energy as well.
In the “climate package” of Autumn 2019, a price of 10 euros per ton of emitted CO2 was agreed upon, but this was criticized by the German Greens and their affiliated Fridays for Future organizations and numerous editorial offices because a curbing effect would not result from the low price.
In plain language, it probably means that not enough money is coming in to pay the profiteers, and therefore the many green lobbyists put pressure to raise the carbon price significantly. And with success: the German Parliament decided to more than double the price to 25 euros per ton.
And since the lockdown has already ripped huge holes in the wallets of many employees and self-employed persons since March, the rising prices of consumer products across the board will put German citizens economically under even more pressure.
Although taxpayers saw some relief from the lowered value added tax to 16%, it is of no use: the reduction expires already on New Year’s Eve.
But, the additional additional revenue from CO2 taxes is also aimed at reducing the burden on citizens, for example the EEG feed-in levy to promote green electricity will be lowered and the commuters will be given tax breaks. But this does not benefit producers, which is why the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce has demanded subsidies. Not without reason: Otherwise, our companies could migrate to nearby foreign countries where no fanatic climate activists are at work.
It makes me wonder who the 25 euros per ton is paid to? if it is paid to the Government, does the Government pay someone who extracts CO2 from the
atmosphere 25 euros per ton?

It makes me wonder who the 25 euros per ton is paid to? if it is paid to the Government, does the Government pay someone who extracts CO2 from the
atmosphere 25 euros per ton?
Good question. I don't know the answer.

Back
Top Bottom