• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lucas Announces Star Wars Blu-ray

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Star Wars Blu-ray release is now as official as it can be, as none other than George Lucas announced the films were coming to the format. "I wish I could say it's coming out this year, but it's coming out next year," Lucas said to the packed audience at the "Main Event" at Star Wars Celebration V today, which was moderated by Jon Stewart.

Speaking about what will be included, Lucas said, "They'll be different kinds of additional material," adding, "I think you've seen enough behind the scenes [material] for a lifetime. There's some really good material that will be included in there, [including] more deleted scenes that you haven't seen yet." Lucas said these newly released scenes would be kept separate from the film itself.

In a surprise appearance, Mark Hamill then joined Lucas and Stewart on stage, to introduce one of the new deleted scenes, which he said was his "original entrance" in Return of the Jedi. Hamill noted the scene was short, but that it was for the UPFs in the audience – the "ultra passionate fans."

We were then shown the scene, which would have taken place after Darth Vader arrives on the second Death Star at the beginning of Return of the Jedi. We see Vader walking down a corridor and into an elevator on the Death Star. We then cut to Vader inside his medication chamber, a la Empire Strikes Back. As Vader sits there, the camera moves into a close-up and we hear him reaching out with the Force. "Luke. Luke. Join me in the dark side of the Force. My son. It is the only way."

Lucas Announces Star Wars Blu-ray - Blu-ray News at IGN

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I will say. LEAVE THE MOVIES ALONE!

stop adding stupid **** George!

And please erase the Prequels, they suck...

Last edited:
I liked the prequels.

waits for :hitsfan:

I didn't mind all the extra stuff Lucas put in the DVDs, except for that crappy Greedo scene change. Han shot first!
Just change that back and I'll be a happy girl.

I liked the prequels.

waits for :hitsfan:

I didn't mind all the extra stuff Lucas put in the DVDs, except for that crappy Greedo scene change. Han shot first!
Just change that back and I'll be a happy girl.

the prequels were good, as long as you don't compare them to the originals.

my biggest gripe is that at the end of Return of the Jedi, they replaced the Anakins ghost played by Sebastian Shaw, with the douche who played him in the prequels. :2mad:

the prequels were good, as long as you don't compare them to the originals.

my biggest gripe is that at the end of Return of the Jedi, they replaced the Anakins ghost played by Sebastian Shaw, with the douche who played him in the prequels. :2mad:

Yeah, that was the other thing I didn't get. Especially when you see the guy minutes before, and then he suddenly turns into Hayden Christensen. Just didn't make sense.

my biggest gripe is that at the end of Return of the Jedi, they replaced the Anakins ghost played by Sebastian Shaw, with the douche who played him in the prequels.

That's precisely why I won't be getting it. Many of the changes I like or could at least turn a blind eye to, but replacing the end scene with Christensen over Shaw left me with an absolutely awful taste in my mouth. I know sci-fi movies don't walk the narrow line of reality, but having your "father" be your age or younger? The hell.

That's precisely why I won't be getting it. Many of the changes I like or could at least turn a blind eye to, but replacing the end scene with Christensen over Shaw left me with an absolutely awful taste in my mouth. I know sci-fi movies don't walk the narrow line of reality, but having your "father" be your age or younger? The hell.

Here are all the changes Star Wars Trilogy - 2004 DVD Changes

George Lucas has a racket on these people. If I had to guess, the original VHS trilogy set cost $50...the DVD set cost $60...the Blu-Ray set will cost $70....really that's cool that they did that but until there is an actual reason to buy blu-ray I think I'll pass...

and it doesn't make sense, neither Kenobi nor Yoda appear as their younger selves, they appear as when they died, and so should Skywalker.

and it doesn't make sense, neither Kenobi nor Yoda appear as their younger selves, they appear as when they died, and so should Skywalker.

I think Lucas explained it as him returning to his "pure" self, or some crap like that.

*Me thinks he just has a hard on for Hayden*

He died as Anakin Skywalker. He did not die as Darth Vader. When Emperor Palpatine died, he ceased becoming a Sith. He died a Jedi.

It's the same as this new crowd that equates "big black breathing mask" to Darth. He became Darth Vader long before he became mostly robotic, and even the people who did nothing more than see episode 3 would recognize this.

And while we're on the subject, Vader DID NOT KILL KENOBI. Kenobi transformed himself into a vergence of the Force, making him incorporeal and pure energy. Ever notice how Vader tries to tap Kenobi's cloak on the ground with his foot and finds no corpse?

I guess this is just frustration over the "new crop" of fans - those same ones who think that 1-3 is better than 4-6. They make me physically sick, and it's so much effort not to pop them in the face.

The real argument for purists like myself is which of the top 3 is the best. My order goes 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1. Not saying I didn't like TESB, but it didn't do as much for me as ANH and ROTJ.

My order goes 4, 6, 5,

Thats' my exact order too. And I agree with you on all other points, I'm a star wars purist too, all the way back to the changing of the Ewok victory song, I'm pissed they changed that, it was an awesome song.

I also agree with you about TESB, it was my least favourite of the three even though I stll liked it, although most critics think that TESB was the strongest movie of the three, the first one will always be my favourite followed closely by ROTJ

This is one of the proposed changes

Jzp7v.jpg

I didn't mind all the extra stuff Lucas put in the DVDs, except for that crappy Greedo scene change. Han shot first! Just change that back and I'll be a happy girl.

Well at last, something we agree on. :mrgreen:

Yeah that was just totally stupid. Han is a streetwise smuggler, he isn't IDIOT enough to let a hired killer, who has told him he's going to kill him, shoot 1st out of some stupid cowboy honor thing, or whatever.

{not to mention Greedo couldn't possibly be incompetent enough to miss by 1/2 a yard at a range of maybe 2 1/2 feet!}

Last edited:
You're all gonna feel like right tossers when you do get it :2razz:

You're all gonna feel like right tossers when you do get it :2razz:

Yeah, I feel icky.

Well at last, something we agree on. :mrgreen:

Yeah that was just totally stupid. Han is a streetwise smuggler, he isn't IDIOT enough to let a hired killer, who has told him he's going to kill him, shoot 1st out of some stupid cowboy honor thing, or whatever.

{not to mention Greedo couldn't possibly be incompetent enough to miss by 1/2 a yard at a range of maybe 2 1/2 feet!}

Hey, it was bound to happen sometime :lol:

Is it a good thing, or a bad thing, that I had to read that twice and think about it?

Luke's hand is Vader's new girlfriend.

He couldn't give himself a "stranger" anyway. Anakin lost his stroke hand to Dooku.

He couldn't give himself a "stranger" anyway. Anakin lost his stroke hand to Dooku.

He doesn't need to use his hand, he has the force.

Back
Top Bottom