• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lowe's Manager Bows to Request after Racist Customer Refuses Black Delivery Driver

Was the Manager right to agree to the customer's demands?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Re: Lowe's Manager Bows to Request after Racist Customer Refuses Black Delivery Drive

actually it does. public accommodation laws prohibit them from discriminating against her.
the manager on the other hand could have a wrongful termination lawsuit since
they technically did nothing wrong.

also they could have saved the driver from being put into a dangerous situation that could have inflicted bodily harm.

not saying what the women did was right it wasn't.

well you just proved you dont understand the law again. Public acc laws dont apply to the women in this case lol

Re: Lowe's Manager Bows to Request after Racist Customer Refuses Black Delivery Drive

1.)The customer has the right to decide who she wants to let into her home.
2.) Let's get things straight...her not wanting a black guy at her home does not necessarily make her a "racist". She might just be afraid of black people or whatever. Who knows? Maybe prejudice...but it's difficult to say without knowing what her background is.
3.) For the last 6 years, the term "racist" has been WAY overused and usually inappropriately.
4.) Racism means only 1 of 2 things. 1. The belief that one is superior or inferior based on race. 2. A policy based on race (ie -Affirmative Action).
5.) So in a nutshell- Yes, the manager made the right decision to "bow" to the customer's request.

1.) true
2.) that would make her racist (afraid of black people) and its already proven she is racist by the articles of her conduct
3.) just 6 years? lots of people over use it like many many words or dont know what they actually mean racism isnt unique.
4.) well you just proved you are one of them because thats not the only definition of racism not is AA racism LMAO its factually the opposite of it.
5.) since he was fired, broke the rules and policy of his own company theres he was wrong. ALso the argument could easily be made his actions were illegal.

I had understood the woman had communicated a specific type of person that should not make the delivery. If she didn't, how did the manager know?

What the company might do or not do in other cases is not at issue.

Lowes I expect does not offer custom delivery options, just dates and times for delivery.

She could still get the product she wanted, by picking it up herself, getting a different delivery service or by accepting the standard delivery service by Lowes. Lowes was not refusing service at all. It would be her choice to accept delivery or not for the product she bought

That might be ones opinion. It doesn't mean that the person does not have the right to her's. And saying she doesn't is as bigoted as the woman.

Yes, she has the right to her opinion. And Lowe's has the right to refuse service to her. End of story.

My heart goes out to this Black delivery driver. Here he is trying to make a living and the ugly face of racism jumps out at him.

The manager is wrong. The driver should go and if the people don't like it they don't accept it and then they don't get what they want and that serves the racist losers right.
I would say the manager should absolutely have recalled the driver. The manager should have then called the customer and politely informed them their shipment will be sitting on the sidewalk at 9PM when the store closes and they would be welcome to come pick it up at that time.

actually it does. public accommodation laws prohibit them from discriminating against her.
the manager on the other hand could have a wrongful termination lawsuit since
they technically did nothing wrong.

also they could have saved the driver from being put into a dangerous situation that could have inflicted bodily harm.

not saying what the women did was right it wasn't.

How on earth do discrimination laws apply here?

The only person with a case might be the manager. And only if he had been reprimanded by corporate for dealing with this customer In a way she deserved. Idk if you have worked any kind of public service job, but it usually ends up being a scumbag customer who complains after being treated the way they deserved to be treated and the "policies" screw the person who was in the right.

So MAYBE if this is a case of "saving my ass" by just not putting up with the hassle of trying to take action. I wonder if they could fire her as a client? And if he had the option?

My heart goes out to this Black delivery driver. Here he is trying to make a living and the ugly face of racism jumps out at him.

I don't believe it affects him financially one way or the other.

What is weird is that the new set of bigots thinks that companies should have the right to discriminate against this bigot but not against the bigots that are like themselves.

If it makes you feel better, I'm a proud bigot - intolerant of bigots!

But what you're trying to do is equate these two positions:

1) Engage in commerce without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
2) I don't want to do business with n****s, fags, Jews, etc.

They're nothing alike.

And the company isn't discriminating against the racist woman. What they require of their employees is to treat her like all other customers, identically to all other customers. Which means they schedule deliveries without regard to race or color or religion, and don't honor requests to keep the n****r, fag, Jew out of their house and only send white guys. I'm sure Lowes would have gladly delivered product to this racist's house, or sold her all kinds of product in their store. What they weren't willing to do is honor her special, racist, requests.

If the baker may do the applicable same, I am all with you. But as long as the lady can be refused service, while the baker must participate in what he considers sinful acts, we are being hypocrits and worse still, we are being inconsistent.

Who refused service to the racist? Lowes had the truck on the way with her stuff. They didn't honor a special, racist request.

Seriously, when you have to go to those kinds of ridiculous lengths to make an argument, maybe there is something wrong with your argument.

I don't believe it affects him financially one way or the other.

Which, as we know, is the only thing that matters.

If I'm reading this right she didn't want the Black driver even AT her house. I can understand why someone would be leery about letting a stranger IN their house, a stranger of any color. But AT? As in dropping off a package on the porch? No Black mailman ever delivered to her house? UPS? Fedex?

The manager should have told the driver to drop the package off on the side-walk and let the old racist woman worry about bringing it in her house. If she couldn't bring it in, too bad for her.

And? What do you mean to say by that? That you must dislike gays that marry to be a bigot?

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion because a bigot is simply a person that does not like or accept another simply for being who they are...

While I would have told a little white lie so as not to hurt the black deliveryman's feelings, you can't really have it both ways.

It seems like every time you turn on the TV or read the news, some black group or black leader like Farrakhan is yelling that all whites should be killed. The "knock out punch" fad among blacks hitting and sometimes killing whites went on for months and was all over the papers. The MSM makes sure that black hate is in front of us all the time as well as news of blacks killing white police.

From all this, you have to expect that sometime, somewhere, some white person is going to come to the conclusion that blacks want whites dead. Particularly afraid would be older single white women living alone. It's just how logic works.

It's unfortunate this happened, but fear often looks a lot like racism, but is nothing more than just fear.

Look at the totality of the circumstances in America, is this event really that illogical?

Last edited:

Look at the totality of the circumstances in America, is this event really that illogical?

Yes, which is why 88% of all poll respondents think the request was unreasnable.

While I would have told a little white lie so as not to hurt the black deliveryman's feelings, you can't really have it both ways.

It seems like every time you turn on the TV or read the news, some black group or black leader like Farrakhan is yelling that all whites should be killed. The "knock out punch" fad among blacks hitting and sometimes killing whites went on for months and was all over the papers. The MSM makes sure that black hate is in front of us all the time as well as news of blacks killing white police.

From all this, you have to expect that sometime, somewhere, some white person is going to come to the conclusion that blacks want whites dead. Particularly afraid would be older single white women living alone. It's just how logic works.

It's unfortunate this happened, but fear often looks a lot like racism, but is nothing more than just fear.

Cover Blown x2.

Cover Blown x2.

I'm not trying to cover anything, but I don't believe in refusing to consider other reasons for behavior in favor of endless hatred.

Yes. It was race related before the media got a hold of it. Clearly it's race related...but unless you're the Thought Police, you don't know the REASON she didn't want black delivery guys. That is my point. Maybe she had a bad encounter at some point in her life with a black guy. Maybe she likes looking at sweaty white guys more. Who the hell knows? If you have the need to point fingers...go for it.
Embarrassing for me? LOL yeah..ok. You don't understand the definition of "racism" and I should be embarrassed? Cute.

The reasons, thought process or philosophy for someone's bigotry are irrelevant. It is their actions that count.

Last edited:

It seems like every time you turn on the TV or read the news, some black group or black leader like Farrakhan is yelling that all whites should be killed. ....

links?

The manager should have told the driver to drop the package off on the side-walk and let the old racist woman worry about bringing it in her house. If she couldn't bring it in, too bad for her.

I would have had the driver go to the home and verify that someone is present. If the residents don't want the driver on the property then the items should be left on the street or sidewalk.

I'm not trying to cover anything, but I don't believe in refusing to consider other reasons for behavior in favor of endless hatred.

I'm just laughing at the absurdity of your post.

I would have had the driver go to the home and verify that someone is present.

Yeah, but IF the manager did that, and something happened to the driver. She calls the cops, or someone from the house shoots at him, etc. Then the manager might have been responsible.

I'm not sure of the circumstances, but I'm not sure I agree with the manager being fired. If he told the driver not to go to the house because he agreed with this idiot woman, then he deserved to be fired. But if he did it because he was worried for the drivers safety? Or even if he did it because he didn't know what else to do. Then he shouldn't have been fired.

Lets face it, this is a very strange, I doubt anyone has ever been in this type of circumstance before. I never heard of such a thing. I've met plenty of racist, but I never heard of any of them refusing delivery just because the delivery person was a minority, like I mentioned earlier. A Black mailman? Or UPS driver. I never heard of such a thing. And I doubt the manager did either. He may not have known how to react.

Yeah, but IF the manager did that, and something happened to the driver. She calls the cops, or someone from the house shoots at him, etc. Then the manager might have been responsible.

I'm not sure of the circumstances, but I'm not sure I agree with the manager being fired. If he told the driver not to go to the house because he agreed with this idiot woman, then he deserved to be fired. But if he did it because he was worried for the drivers safety? Or even if he did it because he didn't know what else to do. Then he shouldn't have been fired.

Lets face it, this is a very strange, I doubt anyone has ever been in this type of circumstance before. I never heard of such a thing. I've met plenty of racist, but I never heard of any of them refusing delivery just because the delivery person was a minority, like I mentioned earlier. A Black mailman? Or UPS driver. I never heard of such a thing. And I doubt the manager did either. He may not have known how to react.

That's a point, although i don't think that the danger is as significant as you think. Minorities have to deal with bigots daily. Still, ideally, the manager should have informed the driver of the request and given him the option to not make the delivery.

she is old and a women. they cannot decline her business.

Back
Top Bottom