• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lower the voting age in America to 16

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters
That’s not what he punished them for.
What did he punish them for? lol
What the hell did they tell you?

So they expressed themselves. They said they opposed deSantorum’s law and Santorum used the power of the state to punish them.

That is EXACTLY what the constitution forbids.

So they expressed themselves. They said they opposed deSantorum’s law and Santorum used the power of the state to punish them.

No, that's horse shit.

The Constitution doesn't support anything that can damage children. LGBTQ is a ****ing menace - especially for kids.

DeSantis was right.

No, that's horse shit.

The Constitution doesn't support anything that can damage children. LGBTQ is a ****ing menace - especially for kids.

DeSantis was right.
one could make the argument that stifling an other than cis gender child is damaging.

And you obviously know precisely nothing about the subject except what you’ve been told to believe.

So I’m laughing again. Been a rough couple days at work, so thanks!

LGBTQ is a ****ing menace - especially for kids
Your bigotry aside, how is it a menace exactly? Cite a credible peer reviewed study which deems it a menace or harmful to children!

one could make the argument that stifling an other than cis gender child is damaging.

And you obviously know precisely nothing about the subject except what you’ve been told to believe.

So I’m laughing again. Been a rough couple days at work, so thanks!
They lost their "Special Status" lol.

Point out in the constitution where the State can't remove special statuses.

Disney didn't want to play ball anymore, so the State got busy and voted. ;)

What special status would that be?

Look it up. I'm not digging around to get the publication again.
So you have nothing then, much like for your claim of gays being a "menace." Got it.

B

Boy, they done twisted the shit out of your mind.

Your bigotry aside, how is it a menace exactly? Cite a credible peer reviewed study which deems it a menace or harmful to children!
My bigotry?

OK, let's establish something here. Are you saying that LGBTQ has every right to have their messages in front of America's kids be it in public school classrooms or anywhere else outside of the home?

So you have nothing then, much like for your claim of gays being a "menace." Got it.
I'm not going to help you, Gordy. You're on your own. ;)

My bigotry?

OK, let's establish something here. Are you saying that LGBTQ has every right to have their messages in front of America's kids be it in public school classrooms or anywhere else outside of the home?
They have no less of a right to have their message spread as anyone else. Do you agree?

Lower the voting age in America to 16​

Only if:
Draft age is 16
Drinking age is 16
Firearms carry is 16
Age of consent is 16
Legal emancipation at 16
etc;

Are you advocating for creation of a group of second-class citizens?
Bearing the responsibilities of citizenship but unable to exercise all the rights of citizenship?

My bigotry?

Yes, your bigotry. You do understand declaring and generalizing lgbq as a "menace" is a bigoted statement, right? And what "messages?"
I'm not going to help you, Gordy. You're on your own. ;)
As I said, you have nothing are are just talking FOS!

Why? Why do you think rights are conditional on who is providing them? Just not a big fan of that 1st Amendment, huh?
It's the WHAT, not the WHO. Jesus Christ. lol

WHAT is the message? Talk about an LGBTQ message that you think is appropriate for school kids.

Yes, your bigotry. You do understand declaring and generalizing lgbq as a "menace" is a bigoted statement, right? And what "messages?"

As I said, you have nothing are are just talking FOS!
Nope. I go after wrong behaviors, not people. There's no bigotry except in the Left.

Nope. I go after wrong behaviors, not people. There's no bigotry except in the Left.
What "behaviors?" You keep making these absurd statements but never back them up with anything of substance. Your ad hom attack is a pathetic attempt to deflect from that fact.

I was. More so than a significant number of people I see posting on these forums.

You wouldn't have to argue very hard. I'm sure there's plenty of research out there in support of this, but as people get older, they tend to challenge their own ideas and beliefs less and less. So a 65 year old man who has been a Republican for 30 years is far less likely to care about issues than he is about voting for his team.

This.

16 year olds are often asked to confirm they are who they say they are. Try taking the SAT or ACT without presenting ID...doesn't work. They apply and receive jobs. Drivers licenses. 16 year olds are regularly asked to confirm their identity, so if this is your argument, it does not hold up in the face of reality.

But it does mean it is a terrible argument for you to make. "We shouldn't change the law because it is the law" is a worthless argument and not one you should waste either of our time with...and I say that as someone with absolutely very little to do right now.

I am. And I don't mean that to sound arrogant, I'm just saying that's exactly what it is. And once you realize that is the underlying current, it makes you realize just how thin the arguments against empowering younger people are.

But this isn't true either. Our society does graduated adulthood in so many ways. They can get jobs before they are 18. They can drive on their own. They can buy their own goods. They can engage in sexual activity or get married. Without intending to open a can of political worms, numerous state governments are literally demanding girls who are 16 become mothers should they become pregnant.

There's no hard and fast rule in America that says you can't do anything adult like until 18. Hell, even when you're 18, you still can't legally purchase alcohol, so 18 isn't even a threshhold for full adulthood.

If a 16 year old is mature enough and old enough to make decisions for an infant (as several states have now codified into law), they should be considered mature and old enough to vote.

But they are not being refuted. Replies which engage in circular reasoning are not refutations, they are deflections and dodges.
And round and round you go. Repeating the same arguments over and over isn't going anywhere just because you refuse to acknowledge the legal and societal reality.

@Ren, as a self-proclaimed rightest repeatedly bashes homosexuals and homosexuality, wants to restrict homosexuals' 1A rights --- then foolishly declares "There's no bigotry except in the left." 🤡

Back
Top Bottom