• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Loving Husband Will Make Millions

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
KCConservative said:
On the anniversary of Terri Shaivo's senseless death, her "loving husband" has written a tell-all book and is set to reap millions in book royalties. No doubt, he and his extra-marital lover (the one he shacked up with while Terri fought for her life) will retire wealthy people from this book. What a guy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0525949461/002-1020304-7895218?v=glance&n=283155
It would be extramarital if they were still married. Try reading the news for a change.

I really don't understand why so many people care about this woman. I mean, people die needlessly everyday. Why does this woman deserve our attention? What makes her so worthy and thousands of others not? I know what it is. Nobody had to do anything to save this women. I mean it didn't require money or resources. The family was going to pay for the care. The others that died that same day, they might have been a burden to save!

AndrewC said:
I really don't understand why so many people care about this woman. I mean, people die needlessly everyday. Why does this woman deserve our attention? What makes her so worthy and thousands of others not? I know what it is. Nobody had to do anything to save this women. I mean it didn't require money or resources. The family was going to pay for the care. The others that died that same day, they might have been a burden to save!

Andrew, what is particularly interesting is that Bush flew in the middle of the night to DC from his little ol' ranch in Crawford to sign a stupid piece of legislation which intruded into someone's private matter and involved only ONE PERSON, but there he sat while people drowned in New Orleans and Mississippi. He's a great Christian guy, isn't he?

I am glad that Michael Schiavo has written a book. I thought it was no one's business to put their nose where it didn't belong. If anyone has read up on this, Michael took nursing classes so he could take care of Terri. If I was in her condition, I would want my husband to move on.

aps said:
Andrew, what is particularly interesting is that Bush flew in the middle of the night to DC from his little ol' ranch in Crawford to sign a stupid piece of legislation which intruded into someone's private matter and involved only ONE PERSON, but there he sat while people drowned in New Orleans and Mississippi. He's a great Christian guy, isn't he?

I am glad that Michael Schiavo has written a book. I thought it was no one's business to put their nose where it didn't belong. If anyone has read up on this, Michael took nursing classes so he could take care of Terri. If I was in her condition, I would want my husband to move on.
The Teocratic leader G.W.B. So hardcore pro-life that even when MRI's show nearly 2/3 of her brain gone he still refuses to allow her dignity. Yep, let ol king george tell us what the laws mean as the SC is too slow.

jfuh said:
It would be extramarital if they were still married. Try reading the news for a change.
If there is something you want me to read, jfuh, then link it. I can't read your mind. Or was the "try reading" remark just a way for you to flame? hmmm? Afterall, I once saw in a thread a list of your flames, so we all know it's your MO. So quit being a jerk.

Michael Shaivo lived with his new girlfriend long before he ever divorced Terri.

Last edited:
So the man is going to make millions because America couldn't let her go.

Good for him, I wish him luck in his matter of pursuit.

I find it ironic that the folks on the right who have their nose all bent out of shape over Terri's death, on one hand, seem to rejoice about the prospects of bloody war and the unnecessary killing and maiming our troops.

Ironic indeed.....:roll:

Captain America said:
I find it ironic that the folks on the right who have their nose all bent out of shape over Terri's death, on one hand, seem to rejoice about the prospects of bloody war and the unnecessary killing and maiming our troops.

Ironic indeed.....:roll:
And I find it ridiculous that those of "the left" regard these two very complex issues as comparable and simplistic.

KCConservative said:
And I find it ridiculous that those of "the left" regard these two very complex issues as comparable and simplistic.

If you take the point of view that war saves more lives, then I have to agree with you. The comparison is not valid. However I'm still confused by the focus on one person. Why focus on this lady's life? If a life is a life, then there are plenty to save.

I watched my grandfather die when they took him off the respirator. Nobody cared about him. Nobody prayed for him. It was a hard decision, but my family got through it. My grandfather was a preacher. He suffered the last few years of his life. As sad as I was to see him go, I think it was best. Nobody should have to make these decisions. However someone has to be responsible for medical care, so the decision must be made.

Somewhere in the United States, there is a family trying to figure out how to pay for medical care needed to save one of its own. Somewhere in the United States, there is someone who will die sick and alone. Who speaks for them? Who is willing to stand up for them? Will that church group singing songs for Terri come to their rescue? I doubt it.

The parents have a book out as well, all seems fair to me James. I don't see anyone pointing fingers at them for trying to make a profit, or tell their story, or how ever you want to view it?:confused:

Deegan said:
The parents have a book out as well, all seems fair to me James. I don't see anyone pointing fingers at them for trying to make a profit, or tell their story, or how ever you want to view it?:confused:

Because pointing that out doesnt serve his agenda to slander Michael Schiavo for trying to let his wife die with dignity.

Ughhh the whole thing is sort of sick and depressing....I can't see why anyone would buy such books. Hard decision to let someone die no matter which side you are on. Sometimes there is no right or wrong its just a matter of getting people to agree on whats best. I'd hope if I ever ended up in such a situation my family and my husband would all try to reach a civil agreement and support one another in any tough decisions.

why does anyone care about this? I don't.

jallman said:
Because pointing that out doesnt serve his agenda to slander Michael Schiavo for trying to let his wife die with dignity.
I wasn't aware the parents had a book, smartass. If indeed they do, then they are to be as ashamed as the son-in-law. Take your agenda crap and shove it.

KCConservative said:
I wasn't aware the parents had a book, smartass. If indeed they do, then they are to be as ashamed as the son-in-law. Take your agenda crap and shove it.
Well here you go smartass, the parents' cash in on this ordeal.
Source
So how is it that you put it? Oh yeah, take your agenda crap and shove it.

Last edited:
jfuh said:
Well here you go smartass, the parents publication of this ordeal.
Did you notice that jallman had already pointed this out to me? Or in your words, "Don't you know how to read?" Now, get lost, pest.

KCConservative said:
On the anniversary of Terri Shaivo's senseless death, her "loving husband" has written a tell-all book and is set to reap millions in book royalties. No doubt, he and his extra-marital lover (the one he shacked up with while Terri fought for her life) will retire wealthy people from this book. What a guy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0525949461/002-1020304-7895218?v=glance&n=283155

Maybe you want to stop progress in the Florida Legislature, the Florida Governor's office, the United States Congress, and the White House, to hypocritically write legislation to block the printing of his book, like they did to 'save' a life where the woman had almost no brain, was completely blind, and whose case had been decided a dozen times since 1998?

tryreading said:
Maybe you want to stop progress in the Florida Legislature, the Florida Governor's office, the United States Congress, and the White House, to hypocritically write legislation to block the printing of his book, like they did to 'save' a life where the woman had almost no brain, was completely blind, and whose case had been decided a dozen times since 1998?
Nope and nowhere did I even suggest that. He is free to write any books he likes.

KCConservative said:
Nope and nowhere did I even suggest that. He is free to write any books he likes.

...so long as everyone capitulates to your implication that he is a less than noble person, right? :roll:

jallman said:
...so long as everyone capitulates to your implication that he is a less than noble person, right? :roll:
Nor did I say everyone must capitulate. Since when am I not entitled to my own opinion?

Back
Top Bottom