• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Louisiana politician wants to ban all abortion.

ColdHardTruth

SN/YN US NAVY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

After reading this article, I am left with the inescapable conclusion that Mr. McCormick is an imbecile who is unfit for office. This man refuses to make exceptions for rape, incest, or in cases where the health of the mother may be in jeopardy.

This is simply unacceptable and this illustrates why the states are not fit to decide this issue. They cannot be trusted to keep their religious idiocy out of politics.

We need to have common sense legislation on this issue, at the federal level, which effectively removes the right of the states to continue meddling in the medical care decisions of women.

I wouldn't mind requiring political candidates to take an IQ test before they are allowed on the ballot either.

After reading this article, I am left with the inescapable conclusion that Mr. McCormick is an imbecile who is unfit for office.
That applies to all politicians who want to ban or severely restrict abortion.

This is simply unacceptable and this illustrates why the states are not fit to decide this issue. They cannot be trusted to keep their religious idiocy out of politics.
Idiot politicians for idiot states.

We need to have common sense legislation on this issue, at the federal level, which effectively removes the right of the states to continue meddling in the medical care decisions of women.
Then watch people whine about "states rights." Clearly some states do not deserve it or are incapable of exercising their "rights" responsibly.

I wouldn't mind requiring political candidates to take an IQ test before they are allowed on the ballot either.
Voters should have an IQ test too before being allowed to vote.

From the article:

"Under a bill they promoted, pregnant people could face murder charges even if they were raped or doctors determined the procedure was needed to save their own life. Doctors who attempted to help patients conceive through in-vitro fertilization, a fertility treatment used by millions of Americans, could also be locked up for destroying embryos, and certain contraception such as Plan B would be banned.​
But in the end, only one man and one woman, an Independent and a Democrat, voted against it in committee. Seven men on the committee, all Republicans, voted in favor of the bill, moving it one step closer to becoming law. link"​

Disgusting. At least they're finally consistent tho, they're also going after the embryos stored for in-vitro. Um, what are they supposed to do with the unused ones...store them forever? Such knee-jerk reactionary vile ignorance, actually made public.

The unborn are valued more than women and women become 2nd class citizens again...that's what they're all about.

It’s a tenet of forced gestation.

The fertilized cells life take precedence over the mother to be…

Last edited:
These anti-abortion people are so wrong!

After reading this article, I am left with the inescapable conclusion that Mr. McCormick is an imbecile who is unfit for office. This man refuses to make exceptions for rape, incest, or in cases where the health of the mother may be in jeopardy.

When they tell us who they are, we should believe them.

Does anybody else sometimes feel that these Strange, Weird People could say something like>>
"Ok..We're visitors from the planet R17TYZ and are just seeing how humans think"
And worse...I would actually believe it and say something like "Oh..well..that explains it" :)

Last edited:
From the article:

"Under a bill they promoted, pregnant people could face murder charges even if they were raped or doctors determined the procedure was needed to save their own life. Doctors who attempted to help patients conceive through in-vitro fertilization, a fertility treatment used by millions of Americans, could also be locked up for destroying embryos, and certain contraception such as Plan B would be banned.​
But in the end, only one man and one woman, an Independent and a Democrat, voted against it in committee. Seven men on the committee, all Republicans, voted in favor of the bill, moving it one step closer to becoming law. link"​

Disgusting. At least they're finally consistent tho, they're also going after the embryos stored for in-vitro. Um, what are they supposed to do with the unused ones...store them forever? Such knee-jerk reactionary vile ignorance, actually made public.

The unborn are valued more than women and women become 2nd class citizens again...that's what they're all about.
Despicable. I am so glad to be Canadian, where we value women.

This is just lunatic insanity. What is wrong with our country? And why aren't pro-choice people organizing against this kind of insane immorality.

Despicable. I am so glad to be Canadian, where we value women.

That's what this is about. It has **** all to do with the sanctity of life - cultures that hold life sacred don't allow guns and toxic drinking water to ruin their country's urban centers. They don't try to take away healthcare from those who are most vulnerable. They don't have state or provincial leaders playing sadistic pranks on migrants who risk death to come to this country with nothing but the dirty clothes on their backs. So respect for life has zero to do with this race to the bottom to see which state, which governor can enact the most draconian anti-abortion legislation.

It is exactly what you say it is: a lack of respect for women as members of the human race. This movement is being driven by ethno-nationalist and theocratic fascists who, once they have a sufficient number in power, will take away a lot more rights from a lot more people than women seeking abortions. And unfortunately, most people in this country - even those who disagree with this particular act - don't fully appreciate the dangers ahead.

Movements like these never moderate - they build a political identity by refusing to moderate, by becoming more and more extreme, and by eliminating political opposition and concentrating power in fewer hands. They won't rewrite the constitution; they will simply start ignoring it, which is what the Nazis did. They never repealed anything in the Weimar constitution; they just passed the Enabling Act and permanently suspended liberties.

This is just lunatic insanity. What is wrong with our country?

These radicals do - not - care.

And why aren't pro-choice people organizing against this kind of insane immorality.

Because we probably assume on some level they won't go too far, or it's just restricting abortion - we can still get birth control.

They will go after birth control - not a doubt in my mind about that. They will repeal women's rights. They will repeal all civil rights. They will repeal labor rights, the 40-hour work week, workplace safety, environmental standards, food safety...basically everything that we take for granted in a modern industrialized state. They are capitalizing on conservative white grievance, and I suppose, to some extinct, just ignorance and apathy more broadly.

But they are deadly serious about turning this country into a racist, misogynistic, theocratic hellhole.

This is just lunatic insanity. What is wrong with our country? And why aren't pro-choice people organizing against this kind of insane immorality.

We have an abundance of people in politics that cannot seem understand that their religion is not the law. They need to be told to keep their religion to themselves. Religion is like a penis, it's okay to have fun, it's okay to play with it in private, but it is not okay to shove it in peoples' faces.

The GOP, and their MAGA counterparts seem to think that the US should be a Christian theocracy. They believe THEIR religion is rule the country the way islam rules the middle east. That is not what this country was founded on and it not what they intended.

The Constitution contains 4500 words, none of them are God, religion., Christian, or prayer.

As of this time, we have four catholic extremists on the SCOTUS and all of them lied under oath. These are the type of people who support the type of laws being discussed herein. They are a true threat to the security of this country.

They will go after birth control - not a doubt in my mind about that. They will repeal women's rights. They will repeal all civil rights. They will repeal labor rights, the 40-hour work week, workplace safety, environmental standards, food safety...basically everything that we take for granted in a modern industrialized state. They are capitalizing on conservative white grievance, and I suppose, to some extinct, just ignorance and apathy more broadly. But they are deadly serious about turning this country into a racist, misogynistic, theocratic hellhole.
But what is this grievance about which they are willing to turn the country back to the 19th century?

I used to believe, based on what happened in Maine that there was a real grievance like the paper mill workers who are now struggling to survive the loss of jobs, homes, cars, self worth when mills, profitable mills, lied to workers about shutting down then closed, left town, and took with them workers pensions and severance pay. Most MAGA people have jobs, some are actually quite wealthy. They are not struggling. No company has treated them unfairly, in fact they may own the company. Their jobs, their homes, their cars, their self worth are all safe. So what grievance is so bad that they feel they need to trash the capitol, threaten to hang Senators, deny women the right to privacy, put prayer back into schools, etc.

Does anybody else sometimes feel that these Strange, Weird People could say something like>>
"Ok..We're visitors from the planet R17TYZ and are just seeing how humans think"
And worse...I would actually believe it and say something like "Oh..well..that explains it" :)
I've been saying something like this for years. I used to say there might be a brain virus and the GOP is transmitting it to people in GOP dominated states.;)

But what is this grievance about which they are willing to turn the country back to the 19th century?

I used to believe, based on what happened in Maine that there was a real grievance like the paper mill workers who are now struggling to survive the loss of jobs, homes, cars, self worth when mills, profitable mills, lied to workers about shutting down then closed, left town, and took with them workers pensions and severance pay. Most MAGA people have jobs, some are actually quite wealthy. They are not struggling. No company has treated them unfairly, in fact they may own the company. Their jobs, their homes, their cars, their self worth are all safe. So what grievance is so bad that they feel they need to trash the capitol, threaten to hang Senators, deny women the right to privacy, put prayer back into schools, etc.

I think your post does an excellent job of pointing out that elections aren't always strictly about economics. They're sensing major demographic and social change, and it's causing them anxieties.

I think your post does an excellent job of pointing out that elections aren't always strictly about economics. They're sensing major demographic and social change, and it's causing them anxieties.
I agree there is something going on that upsets conservatives, in a major way but ........ What is it? What I saw in Maine, major mill closings, the permanent loss of good jobs, the theft of pensions. These were devastating, life changing events. My sympathies were 100% with those people. I understood completely why they voted as they did. This just isn't the case with most conservatives that seem to be expounding on the chicanery of the Democrats, the evils of the federal government, the depravity of American culture and the wild conspiracies liberals are accused of being involved with.

What are they angry and upset about? Angry enough to come from long distances to invade the Capitol, upset enough to pay for a Supreme Court that denigrates 50% of the population and gives corporations rights over individual rights; angry and upset enough to claim that the US elections are a fraud even though research and evidence and common sense says there is almost no fraud in American elections.

When asked why the anger they tell us that the Democratic Party is ruining the nation, taking away their freedoms. They never tell us how the Democratic Party is doing this or what freedoms they are having to forfeit to the Democratic Party.

So what upsets and angers conservatives.

From the article:

Wait til their mistresses gets pregnant. They’ll sing a different tune.

Back
Top Bottom