• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Louis Farrakhan: Levees Were 'Blown Up'

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ya gotta love this. Is there any depths these so called "leaders" won't go.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

I actually heard this clip on the radio and it pretty much dumbfounded me. How do you go this far out on a limb. Can you be that desperate to turn this into a racial issue. Is the need to blame this on whites or at least insinuate it. How do these men still have a following within the black community? I understand it's the Nation of Islam. But when is to far to much?
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Calm2Chaos said:
Ya gotta love this. Is there any depths these so called "leaders" won't go.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

I actually heard this clip on the radio and it pretty much dumbfounded me. How do you go this far out on a limb. Can you be that desperate to turn this into a racial issue. Is the need to blame this on whites or at least insinuate it. How do these men still have a following within the black community? I understand it's the Nation of Islam. But when is to far to much?
Amazing isn't it. This kind of bogus nonsense, these malicious non-sensical attacks on whites by blacks serve what purpose? Why hasn't the media instead of intertainly these statements do their best to prove them to be as bogus as they are and take away any validity this man and others like him have.

Of course the NBC's and MSNBC's and CBS's keep legitimizing this nonsense with all their polls asking "Do you believe that the response was slow because white people hate black people?" Why even ask such stupid questions knowing that giving them such a "legitmate"forum leads people to believe it to be true.

As far as the 25 foot creator, did anyone in the media bother to point out that water rushing through an opening like that would dig a crater out? Or that LOTS of white people's homes got flooded too.
 

Process

New member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Farrakhan was hardly the first to bring this up, I first heard of this via Hal Turner, who doesn't make it a race issue but let's face it, the wealthier communities on higher ground aren't exactly full of Black people..
 

MiamiFlorida

Active member
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
434
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Calm2Chaos said:
Ya gotta love this. Is there any depths these so called "leaders" won't go.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

I actually heard this clip on the radio and it pretty much dumbfounded me. How do you go this far out on a limb. Can you be that desperate to turn this into a racial issue. Is the need to blame this on whites or at least insinuate it. How do these men still have a following within the black community? I understand it's the Nation of Islam. But when is to far to much?
You ever hear his speeches on Jews?
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Process said:
Farrakhan was hardly the first to bring this up, I first heard of this via Hal Turner, who doesn't make it a race issue but let's face it, the wealthier communities on higher ground aren't exactly full of Black people..
And this is just the type of garbage I'm talking about.

So do you really believe the mayor of New Orleans ordered all those people killed in order to save a few houses? How would they what the extent of the flooding would be. It wouldn't have taken much to get it into those homes. So who did the calculations for them. And who exactly did the dynamiting? Of course there were lots of whites who lost their homes, just a mis-calculation by the black mayor?

What utter nonsense, what an insult.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Now the leader of the new blank panther party is trumpeting this same crap. Not that his voice holds any credence whatsoever. But it's just another person in this community that seem to want to destroy it, more then help it.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Process said:
Farrakhan was hardly the first to bring this up, I first heard of this via Hal Turner, who doesn't make it a race issue but let's face it, the wealthier communities on higher ground aren't exactly full of Black people..
Not exactly sure what your point is here. Are you actually validating this horseshit because the poor folk live in the lower area?
 

wxcrazytwo

Banned
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
222
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
What is the point of this ridiculous thread. It is painfully obvious that this thread was meant to either flame or troll, which is it?
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
wxcrazytwo said:
What is the point of this ridiculous thread. It is painfully obvious that this thread was meant to either flame or troll, which is it?
This is the second thread in a row where I see you have posted the same thing "what is the point of this thread? Well those of us having the discussion clearly know what it is, if you don't and a rereading of all the messages still doesn't reveal it to perhaps you should refrain from posting in it because it is painfully obvious you haven't a clue.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
wxcrazytwo said:
What is the point of this ridiculous thread. It is painfully obvious that this thread was meant to either flame or troll, which is it?
I don't know what the point is...Maybe you should ask the people who put these threads out there for public consumption...

More right wing lies, half truths and misrepresentations

Bush is a war criminal...

BUSH: You VETS, RETIRED, POOR and SICK people will have to pay for Katrinas damage!

PROOF Bush LIED about Iraq!

The Bush Smear Attack on Louisiana Governor


I'm sure you have said the same thing in these websites that are meant to inflame....

Haven't you?:roll:
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
wxcrazytwo said:
What is the point of this ridiculous thread. It is painfully obvious that this thread was meant to either flame or troll, which is it?
Actually the point was to get opinions on something that I find interesting and a little strange. If you don't like it don't respond, See how simple that is.
 

MiamiFlorida

Active member
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
434
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
wxcrazytwo said:
What is the point of this ridiculous thread. It is painfully obvious that this thread was meant to either flame or troll, which is it?
How about exposing a clown who happens to be a public figure that many people look up to?
 

Batman

Active member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
407
Reaction score
7
Location
Fulton, KY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Farrakhan believes there's a "Mother Ship" orbiting earth. That's a lot further out on the limb than this levvee nonsense.

Nothing he says can be taken seriously.
 

wxcrazytwo

Banned
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
222
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stinger said:
This is the second thread in a row where I see you have posted the same thing "what is the point of this thread? Well those of us having the discussion clearly know what it is, if you don't and a rereading of all the messages still doesn't reveal it to perhaps you should refrain from posting in it because it is painfully obvious you haven't a clue.
look, I don't listen to what Mr. Farrakhan has to say because it is full of B.S. You have your conspirators and you have your others. I read the silly article...
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The supposed leaders of there communities seem determined to take the people they listen to down a dead end path. It seems to be more about pointing out the failures and the flaws then the succeces. How about standing up and pointing to the people in these communities that have done what they set out to do. Does making it sould like the world is out to get you the best way to motivate people?
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
wxcrazytwo said:
look, I don't listen to what Mr. Farrakhan has to say because it is full of B.S. You have your conspirators and you have your others. I read the silly article...
Thats you.. But they do have a following. The new blank panther party has a following. Wasn't al that long ago that these people or parties represented a pretty significant portion of the community in one way or the other.Sharpton, Jackson, Farakahn, Malcom Shibaz.. And they al seem to preach essentially the same thing. Some seem to just be more up front with the hatred or rederict
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
wxcrazytwo said:
look, I don't listen to what Mr. Farrakhan has to say because it is full of B.S. You have your conspirators and you have your others. I read the silly article...
Good for you but the fact remains that the national media gives him a stage and by doing so give his statements at least a modicum of credulity. And it is a fact that many in the black community will swallow this hook-line and sinker. It's splits the country and is bogus on it's face. Where are the black national leaders repudiating this nonsense and if they are willing why doesn't the same media which lends credence to Farrakhan give them just as much face time?
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Calm2Chaos said:
Thats you.. But they do have a following. The new blank panther party has a following. Wasn't al that long ago that these people or parties represented a pretty significant portion of the community in one way or the other.Sharpton, Jackson, Farakahn, Malcom Shibaz.. And they al seem to preach essentially the same thing. Some seem to just be more up front with the hatred or rederict
Heck Sharpton was lending support to the claims that the National Guard was sent in to kill black people and target them because they were black.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Stinger said:
Heck Sharpton was lending support to the claims that the National Guard was sent in to kill black people and target them because they were black.
People hear this and they formulate opinions on it. No matter what or how ridiculous your always going to get a group that takes them seriously
 

aquapub

DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,317
Reaction score
344
Location
America (A.K.A., a red state)
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
What have I said repeatedly?

There are precisely two words one need consider when assessing or predicting the actions of the black community:

Paranoid + Bigotry


Black leaders (and Democrats) create paranoid bigots out of the black community for personal gain. This topic embodies that unfortunate reality.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Calm2Chaos said:
People hear this and they formulate opinions on it. No matter what or how ridiculous your always going to get a group that takes them seriously
Especially when you have the likes of CNN or MSNBC or Time asking polling questions such as "Do you believe that the Bush administration witheld aid because the victems were black". Such stupid questions add to validity to many, ie why would they ask if it might not be true.
 
Top Bottom