• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Louis DeJoy’s rise as GOP fundraiser was powered by contributions from company workers who were late

These felonies in North Carolina...

Republican ballot harvesting, the President urging his base to commit voter fraud, and another Republican committing the same campaign finance fraud that sent D'Souza away....North Carolina seems to be the epicenter for the country's cheating right now.

North Carolina Attorney General...

TWEET HIM!!!!!

"Joshua Stein (born September 13, 1966) is an American lawyer and politician who serves as the 50th and current Attorney General of North Carolina, a position he has held since 2017. A Democrat, Stein previously served as a member of the North Carolina Senate representing District 16 (Wake County)."

330px-Josh_Stein.jpg

NC Attorney General calls for investigation into US postmaster for alleged campaign contribution fraud :: WRAL.com

Sounds like a violation of federal and state law...

Louis DeJoy’s prolific campaign fundraising, which helped position him as a top Republican power broker in North Carolina and ultimately as head of the U.S. Postal Service, was bolstered for more than a decade by a practice that left many employees feeling pressured to make political contributions to GOP candidates — money DeJoy later reimbursed through bonuses, former employees say.

Five people who worked for DeJoy’s former business, New Breed Logistics, say they were urged by DeJoy’s aides or by the chief executive himself to write checks and attend fundraisers at his 15,000-square-foot gated mansion beside a Greensboro, N.C., country club. There, events for Republicans running for the White House and Congress routinely fetched $100,000 or more apiece.

Two other employees familiar with New Breed’s financial and payroll systems said DeJoy would instruct that bonus payments to staffers be boosted to help defray the cost of their contributions, an arrangement that would be unlawful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...-name_hp-breaking-news:page/breaking-news-bar

Wow. Not surprising.

I, personally, had a problem, some years back, with a union I was a member of.

I was more or less "required" to join a union, several years ago, when I took on a new job. I really had no complaints because even after paying my union "dues" I was putting more money in the bank than I ever had done in my whole life. And the benefits were better than I could have ever imagined.

But, back in those days, although I was still pretty much a moderate/centrist/live-and-let-live kind of guy, I identified as a Republican. I voted pretty much along party lines and my yard signs were republican.

So, it always rubbed me the wrong way when I would see the union, using money the members (me) contributed to it, and donate it to democrat politicians. That really griped my ass.

And, to make matters worse, between job assignments, whilst "sitting on the bench" the union hall called me in to go to work doing campaign work for Russ Feingold, (full union scale pay, benefits, etc.,) I was not gathering votes or anything. I was just painting walls, fixing electrical fixtures, mostly building maintenance. I was not technically on Feingold's payroll. In fact, I don't even remember who's payroll I was on. I just know I got a paycheck, and my needed hours to maintain my benefits and membership were better served.

Anyways, all that never set well with me. Often, I was tempted to wear a pro-republican shirt to work just to "stick it to the man." But I knew better. I needed the hours.

Wow. Not surprising.

I, personally, had a problem, some years back, with a union I was a member of.

I was more or less "required" to join a union, several years ago, when I took on a new job. I really had no complaints because even after paying my union "dues" I was putting more money in the bank than I ever had done in my whole life. And the benefits were better than I could have ever imagined.

But, back in those days, although I was still pretty much a moderate/centrist/live-and-let-live kind of guy, I identified as a Republican. I voted pretty much along party lines and my yard signs were republican.

So, it always rubbed me the wrong way when I would see the union, using money the members (me) contributed to it, and donate it to democrat politicians. That really griped my ass.

And, to make matters worse, between job assignments, whilst "sitting on the bench" the union hall called me in to go to work doing campaign work for Russ Feingold, (full union scale pay, benefits, etc.,) I was not gathering votes or anything. I was just painting walls, fixing electrical fixtures, mostly building maintenance. I was not technically on Feingold's payroll. In fact, I don't even remember who's payroll I was on. I just know I got a paycheck, and my needed hours to maintain my benefits and membership were better served.

Anyways, all that never set well with me. Often, I was tempted to wear a pro-republican shirt to work just to "stick it to the man." But I knew better. I needed the hours.

I understand what you're saying, but this wasnt about an employee being asked to do overtime.

This was executives getting "bonuses" that would then be passed as donations to the Trump campaign. The issue is that DeJoy had a role in directing what employees did with these bonuses. As far as I can tell, you got to keep your money. You worked for it so sure, why not.

The equivalent in your situation if it happened today would be the union guy who got you the job saying you had to grab all that money you banked, and give it to Trump as a donation. Then one that, the guy who asked you to give your money away, became whatever secretary deals with wall building at the border and had access to all relevant financial information needed to cripple their largest competitor.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Last edited:
The “bar” will have to be dug up after this abortion is voted out!

I understand what you're saying, but this wasnt about an employee being asked to do overtime.

This was executives getting "bonuses" that would then be passed as donations to the Trump campaign. The issue is that DeJoy had a role in directing what employees did with these bonuses. As far as I can tell, you got to keep your money. You worked for it so sure, why not.

The equivalent in your situation if it happened today would be the union guy who got you the job saying you had to grab all that money you banked, and give it to Trump as a donation. Then one that, the guy who asked you to give your money away, became whatever secretary deals with wall building at the border and had access to all relevant financial information needed to cripple their largest competitor.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Oh, no doubt.

It's just the story reminded me of a time when my money was going to something I would not have voluntarily supported. Just thought I'd share.

But back to your point. The whole DeJoy story, has been an ongoing manifestation of discovery after discovery that should lead even the least among us to realize the whole kitten-kaboodle of charlatans surrounding Trump, are as crooked as the lawyers will allow. Just add one more to the Trump List of Goodfellas.

The funny part of this is how easy it will to investigate. Just subpoena the payroll records of the company and then compare them to the FEC records..

The funny part of this is how easy it will to investigate. Just subpoena the payroll records of the company and then compare them to the FEC records..

just think about how much less stressful it will be (for the country) when Trump and his bandits are gone.

hell, it might even be boring.

Oh, no doubt.

It's just the story reminded me of a time when my money was going to something I would not have voluntarily supported. Just thought I'd share.

But back to your point. The whole DeJoy story, has been an ongoing manifestation of discovery after discovery that should lead even the least among us to realize the whole kitten-kaboodle of charlatans surrounding Trump, are as crooked as the lawyers will allow. Just add one more to the Trump List of Goodfellas.
To be fair, I have no problem with union people getting their due for working for campaigns if there is labor involved. It is another story if people are being driven to these events purposely and their employment becomes dependent on attendance.

That said, Republicans had no problem with unions until most unions became Democrat. Then, they spent 40 years attacking union participation in politics, until red state union membership became unignorable again. There are a few studies showing that union membership decreases general partisanship as union members have to discuss things like healthcare coverage and living standards.

That isn't the game plan for goofballs like DeJoy though. From day 1, he had a tangible financial interest in increasing the prices of the USPS to make smaller competitors (which are almost never unionized, and some he owns interests in) more competitive.You know what that means, fewer benefits, more complex systems of retirement planning, no guaranteed work, and if the economy tanks, well thank you, take your **** and go once the firing starts.

So yeah, screw people like DeJoy.

------------------------

Last edited:

Trump people don't have to honor subpoenas. Remember?

yet another person that comes within smelling distance of corrupt Donald Trump who is gonna end up doing time or big fines or losing his job.

DO NOT WORK FOR DONALD TRUMP.

just think about how much less stressful it will be (for the country) when Trump and his bandits are gone.

hell, it might even be boring.

I’ll take boring

Yeah, but his company lawyers aren’t going to fight a state subpoena.

Yeah, you rite. Whatever. All that is way above my paygrade.

These days, nothing Trumpcorp does to obstruct discovery surprises me.

Yeah, you rite. Whatever. All that is way above my paygrade.

These days, nothing Trumpcorp does to obstruct discovery surprises me.
You still have a vote. Worst thing that happens is we go back to the "nightmare" known as anything like what things were before Trump.

------------------------

You still have a vote. Worst thing that happens is we go back to the "nightmare" known as anything like what things were before Trump.

------------------------

Well, if they can find a way to blame Trump's America on Biden, and enough people are stupid enough to buy it, they still got a fighting chance.

I’ll take boring

me too

currently it's like being married to the craziest drama queen EVER (who embezzles from his/her company).

me too

currently it's like being married to the craziest drama queen EVER (who embezzles from his/her company).

You know my ex-wife? [emoji1]

Sounds like a violation of federal and state law...

Louis DeJoy’s prolific campaign fundraising, which helped position him as a top Republican power broker in North Carolina and ultimately as head of the U.S. Postal Service, was bolstered for more than a decade by a practice that left many employees feeling pressured to make political contributions to GOP candidates — money DeJoy later reimbursed through bonuses, former employees say.

Five people who worked for DeJoy’s former business, New Breed Logistics, say they were urged by DeJoy’s aides or by the chief executive himself to write checks and attend fundraisers at his 15,000-square-foot gated mansion beside a Greensboro, N.C., country club. There, events for Republicans running for the White House and Congress routinely fetched $100,000 or more apiece.

Two other employees familiar with New Breed’s financial and payroll systems said DeJoy would instruct that bonus payments to staffers be boosted to help defray the cost of their contributions, an arrangement that would be unlawful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...-name_hp-breaking-news:page/breaking-news-bar

But he's a Trump stooge. How could he possibly be a crook?

Back
Top Bottom