• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Louis C.K. Faces New Backlash After Leaked Audio of set.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Louis C.K. Faces New Backlash After Leaked Audio of set. CBS This Morning Published on Dec 31, 2018

Louis C.K. is facing backlash after leaked audio from a performance captured him mocking the survivors of the Parkland school shooting and joking about gender identity. It comes as the 51-year-old slowly returns to the stage after five women came forward accusing him of sexual misconduct.

For reference only, here is a link to the full set described by Fox uploaded to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLRE-JP_Ls4 (Not for children, profanity)

I'm going to start out by saying I like Louis C.K.'s brand of humor. I also like the fact that he owned and admitted his bad acts, and apologized for them immediately. That's called taking responsibility.

More importantly, I admire the fact he has decided to come back, and not only that but to come back strongly within his own brand of humor.

I don't support the politics of offense, because as I have often stated, offense is taken not given.

Anyone recall the oft used phrase of comic's "too soon?" when cracking a joke about any subject someone might take offense to?

Well Louis C.K. is a comic who pushes the boundaries and tweaks (if not punches) the noses of the Politically Correct.

I wish him well and a speedy return to the public stage with all his faults supporting his brand of humor.

Last edited:
Louis C.K. Faces New Backlash After Leaked Audio of set. CBS This Morning Published on Dec 31, 2018

I'm going to start out by saying I like Louis C.K.'s brand of humor. I also like the fact that he owned and admitted his bad acts, and apologized for them immediately. That's called taking responsibility.

More importantly, I admire the fact he has decided to come back, and not only that but to come back strongly within his own brand of humor.

I don't support the politics of offense, because as I have often stated, offense is taken not given.

Anyone recall the oft used phrase of comic's "too soon?" when cracking a joke about any subject someone might take offense to?

Well Louis C.K. is a comic who pushes the boundaries and tweaks (if not punches) the noses of the Politically Correct.

I wish him well and a speedy return to the public stage with all his faults supporting his brand of humor.

He lost his liberal supporters, so now he's going after being the darling of the Trump crowd. They desperately needed somebody, Victoris Jackson hasn't been funny in over 20 yeats.

He lost his liberal supporters, so now he's going after being the darling of the Trump crowd. They desperately needed somebody, Victoris Jackson hasn't been funny in over 20 yeats.

:roll:

Clearly you don't know anything about Louis C.K. His comedy has always been this way, it's his signature methodology. Non-partisan he makes fun of everything in an intentionally crass way, snowflakes beware.

Last edited:
Louis CK, after "taking responsibility" for being a sex offender, said this:

“I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen."

And then makes his grand comeback by making fun of school shooting victims and transgendered children. What an asshole.

Comedy isn't funny when you're punching down.

Clearly you don't know anything about Louis C.K. His comedy has always been this way, it's his signature methodology. Non-partisan he makes funs of everything.

I've listened to everything the man has ever done. He's never been this mean-spirited. It's like he's turning into Dennis Miller 2.0. He's learned nothing.

I've listened to everything the man has ever done. He's never been this mean-spirited. It's like he's turning into Dennis Miller 2.0. He's learned nothing.

He's always been edgy, dark, and twisted.

I think he still can say anything he wants but, so can a drunk hobo behind the quickie mart. Meaning, yes, you can say anything. Nothing is off limits. But, the #1 rule in comedy is it has to be clever.

Louis CK, after "taking responsibility" for being a sex offender, said this:

And then makes his grand comeback by making fun of school shooting victims and transgendered children. What an asshole.

Comedy isn't funny when you're punching down.

Millions of people disagree with you and have loved his comedy for years. Can you give us an example of a comedian who doesn't punch down?

I agree but is this new? Is this proof that leftists are authoritarians?

In 1967 Jim Morison was arrested on stage. Why? He said mean things about police officers abusing their power. Where was conservative outrage about free speech then?

How Jim Morrison Got Arrested Onstage in New Haven

Or how about when NWA was arrested for their song "**** The Police"? Where was conservative outrage?

In it, the rappers are warned before taking the stage at Joe Louis Arena not to perform the controversial anthem “F--- tha Police.” One very stern officer says, “Just watch yourself.”

The group makes a stand for free speech and starts performing the song anyway. Then Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and the other members are chased out of the arena by the cops and thrown into a police van.

https://www.freep.com/story/enterta...ie-detroit-ice-cube-joe-louis-arena/31496317/

We're talking about American citizens thrown in prison by government for exercising free speech. Louis C.K. is not being thrown in prison.

My point is that conservatives don't seem to genuinely care about freedom or free speech.

I don't know who is outraged by Lous C.K. I think the news sometimes likes to stir up controversy for ratings. I'm sure there are a few offended people but that's typical of comedy.

I also think Roseanne didn't do anything wrong. I don't think she knew Valery Jarrett was Black because I didn't. She doesn't look like most Black people.

I only wish your side would also defend Colin Kaepernick's right not to stand if he doesn't want to. Instead, you make all kinds of excuses and agree that he should be fired.

Really, and you were fine when he talked about having sex with a dead kid in a field if it wasn't raining but you're not fine with this?

Last edited:

Kevin Spacey's doing it too. Great crowd!

I'm going to start out by saying I like Louis C.K.'s brand of humor.

Gross. Never liked the man. Never liked his brand. Never liked his comedy. Gross. Gross. Gross. So I don't really care if he gets backlash or not. There's hundreds of other people you can watch on Netflix. All he's trying to do is get attention for himself by going further down the rabbit hole. It's not gonna end well.

Really, and you were fine when he talked about having sex with a dead kid in a field if it wasn't raining but you're not fine with this?

When did I say anything about any of his past material other than that I've heard it? You need to respond to what you actually read, not to the goblins in your head that whisper things to you that aren't on your screen.

Millions of people disagree with you and have loved his comedy for years. Can you give us an example of a comedian who doesn't punch down?

The vast majority of them. I'll start with Patton Oswalt.

Making fun of teenage shooting survivors? Wow. That exile turned him into a total asshole.

How did a comedian of his experience and stature forget that you always punch up?

Clearly you don't know anything about Louis C.K. His comedy has always been this way, it's his signature methodology. Non-partisan he makes fun of everything in an intentionally crass way, snowflakes beware.

Oh I watched him for years. He seems to have taken a step or 2 over the edge

If you think this declaration is true, then clearly you have NOT "listened to everything the man has ever done."

I'm am a Louis C.K. fan, but while I cannot claim I have "listened to everything he has ever done" I can state that he has been pretty crass and what YOU label "mean-spirited" in many of the comedy sets I've seen. Especially those done in comedy clubs. He is slightly less "offensive" in filmed comedy productions in front of large audiences.

Last edited:
I just listened to more of the outtakes. It's like he's specifically trying to appeal to trump supporters.

I like cleverly intelligent but offensive comedy. I am having trouble trying to imagine how you could deliver a joke about children being shot dead successfully, but I suppose I'm not a comic...

After all the revelations about his weirdly aggressive whackings-off and related behavior, the sexual portions of his material took on a decidedly creepy edge. That said, there are times when its worth separating the person from the art, ie, I remember some rather anti-semetic seeming bits from The Sun Also Rises, but that doesn't mean I can't read and enjoy it. I dunno. Though I probably shouldn't compare C.K. to Hemmingway...

Still, if people go to his shows, they go to his shows.

:shrug:

When did I say anything about any of his past material other than that I've heard it? You need to respond to what you actually read, not to the goblins in your head that whisper things to you that aren't on your screen.

Actually at 4:05 this afternoon you posted that Louis CK has "never been this mean spirited".

He's awesome. Saw him recently here in MA. Still awesome.

If you think this declaration is true, then clearly you have NOT "listened to everything the man has ever done."

I'm am a Louis C.K. fan, but while I cannot claim I have "listened to everything he has ever done" I can state that he has been pretty crass and what YOU label "mean-spirited" in many of the comedy sets I've seen. Especially those done in comedy clubs. He is slightly less "offensive" in filmed comedy productions in front of large audiences.

Oh, shove it. Of course he's crass. He's never been this nasty unless he's dealing with a heckler.

Making fun of teenage shooting survivors? Wow. That exile turned him into a total asshole.

How did a comedian of his experience and stature forget that you always punch up?

So you look to comedians for moral lessons? Is that what Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and George Carlin did for you? Did they always punch up?

Patton Oswalt: “Are there gay retarded people? If so, where’s their march? They should be allowed to have a march!”

Got anyone else?

Actually at 4:05 this afternoon you posted that Louis CK has "never been this mean spirited".

Find me another time he's legitimately **** all over a group of people who were utterly failed by the system.

So you look to comedians for moral lessons?

Uh, I'm gonna let Kobie field this one:

You need to respond to what you actually read, not to the goblins in your head that whisper things to you that aren't on your screen.

Is that what Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and George Carlin did for you? Did they always punch up?

Generally? Yes. Are there exceptions? Of course. But as a general rule comedians know to punch up. But as I've already pointed out, it's like Louis C.K. is specifically trying to appeal to Trump supporters all of a sudden, so I can see why trashing teenage shooting survivors would appeal to you.

Back
Top Bottom