• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus - POLITICO

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

Better put your Amazon Prime order for some masks ASAP, Louie! Make sure they're nice and thick and tight so that no one hear you too. What a ****ing dumbass!

Why is the GOP always wrong on science.

P.S. Is it normal for this forum to create a separate section for the absolute biggest news event of the year if not decade (which also happens to be almost all negative for POTUS)? Not rhetorical or snarky, actually wondering if that was done in the past.

"I don't have the coronavirus, turns out as of yesterday I've never had it. But if I get it, you'll never see me without a mask," he told CNN in June.

He's never had it, why should he wear a mask?

Mask don't work. And thats the only thing I'm happy California has shown us

Mask don't work. And thats the only thing I'm happy California has shown us

The virus does not exist, the disease is caused by having sex with demons in your sleep.

Masks are for smart people! And Gohmert is not smart. In fact, he's rather freakishly insane.

Well Tres, Scientists are beginning to link a lack of taking precautions and refusal to take the virus seriously with lack of intelligence.

Before vaccination and other intervention measures become available, successful containment of an unknown infectious disease critically relies on people’s voluntary compliance with the recommended social-distancing guidelines. This involves a decision process of prioritizing the merits of social distancing over its costs, which may depend on one’s ability to compare multiple pieces of potentially conflicting information regarding social distancing in working memory. Our data support this hypothesis, highlighting the critical role of one’s working memory capacity in social-distancing compliance during the early stage of the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. This observation reveals a core cognitive limitation in one’s response to a public health crisis and suggests a possible cognitive venue for the development of strategies to mitigate this challenge.

:lamo

Since when does wearing a mask keep anyone from contracting Covid 19?

Don't masks mostly stop a carrier from spreading it?
Do people still not know this?

Hopefully he now begins to wear a mask when social distancing is impossible.

I pointed that out earlier and crickets. lol

"I don't have the coronavirus, turns out as of yesterday I've never had it. But if I get it, you'll never see me without a mask," he told CNN in June.

He's never had it, why should he wear a mask?

Ohhh....I don't know. Maybe because if he had been in the practice of wearing a mask, as recommended by nearly every infectious disease medical expert, he likely could've avoided contracting it. But then again I wouldn't doubt someone like Louie probably doesn't even wash his hands after using the bathroom.

I hope all the Dem lawmakers at the hearing yesterday with Gohmert who used the "hearing" to make campaign speeches with Barr as a prop got their money's worth.

Hopefully he now begins to wear a mask when social distancing is impossible.

Wearing a mask does actually reduce your chance of contracting it to an extent. But it's much, much more effective at preventing spreading it. Still, the former statement holds.

Wait, I thought the mask (arguably) reduces the risk of spreading it, not catching it.

Masks primarily prevent spread. But you're still going to get a benefit by wearing a mask even if you don't have covid-19 as it will reduce your chances of getting the virus. So what do you say you wear a mask for me and I will wear a mask for you, so we both will be better protected, and if we all do that together then we could likely get a handle on this virus instead waiting until you're infected to wear a mask, when indeed you might not even know that you are. That's how we should be looking at this.

Line up everybody and get you some vaccine. This way lemmings....

And another glaring example of core cognitive limitation. :lol:

Masks primarily prevent spread. But you're still going to get a benefit by wearing a mask even if you don't have covid-19 as it will reduce your chances of getting the virus. So what do you say you wear a mask for me and I will wear a mask for you, so we both will be better protected, and if we all do that together then we could likely get a handle on this virus instead waiting until you're infected to wear a mask, when indeed you might not even know that you are. That's how we should be looking at this.

I don’t wear a mask. Not America first but me first. The sacrifice I make exceeds the reward. YMMV

Why is the GOP always wrong on science...

4a1c4b2401b3baaef9e77607dbccab92--the-republican-politics.jpg

Covidiots. Hopefully they stay safe.

Now that Louie is a covidiot you want to be one too? If so just keep doing just as he did. Maybe go on a sans mask vacation in Florida and see how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom