• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Loudoun County Dad Arrested For ‘Trespassing’ At Local Public School Board Meeting Found Not Guilty

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
not surprising the schoolboards declaration of "unlawful assembly" cops wenrt hard nosed on the guy. Nor the fact he was used by the Biden administration to justify a politicized attack on concerned parents, but it's good to see him finally cleared
Law enforcement arrested Jon Tigges at a Loudoun school board meeting on June 22, 2021, after he tried expressing concerns about the school district’s “moral decay.” A Virginia district judge found Tigges guilty in October of 2021. Loudoun Circuit Judge Douglas Fleming Jr., however, cleared Tigges of any wrongdoing.

Fleming determined that Tigges not only had a First Amendment right to attend the heated meeting but also that the superintendent who shut down the official gathering last summer had no right to declare it an “unlawful assembly.”

Tigges refused to leave.
Despite Tigges’ claim on the First Amendment, police officers handcuffed, arrested, and charged him with trespassing.

Tigges’ arrest in June of 2021 was used by the National School Boards Association (NSBA), in collusion with the Biden White House, to justify the smearing of concerned parents as “domestic terrorists” who required punishment from federal law enforcement.

In September of 2021, the NSBA sent its infamous complaint letter, secretly solicited by Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, to the Department of Justice, which sparked a politicized attack on parents who wanted to speak out against corrupt school boards.

Screen-Shot-2023-01-04-at-3.41.57-PM-min-e1672869128615.png

Tigges’ arrest in June of 2021 was used by the National School Boards Association (NSBA), in collusion with the Biden White House, to justify the smearing of concerned parents as “domestic terrorists” who required punishment from federal law enforcement.

Really? Do tell... What exactly did Biden White House do in this regard?

As to the rest of it, we should wait for some real news outlet reporting since no links were provided by the article as to what he was cleared of by the appeal court and what he was not cleared off.

Last edited:
Really? Do tell... What exactly did Biden White House do in this regard?
In an October 12 memo, obtained by the nonprofit Parents Defending Education, NSBA president Viola Garcia stated that the organization had been “actively engaged” with federal departments including the White House, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, before sending their letter to the president.

Chip Slaven, NSBA’s interim executive director, wrote in a September 29 email that the letter, which characterized parents as potential “domestic terrorists,” was revised to include details of “specific threats” at White House staff’s urging. As a result, the NSBA letter cited 24 local news outlet items detailing “threats” parents leveled against school board members, the vast majority of which did not constitute criminal threats.
In response to the letter, which the NSBA has since apologized for, Attorney General Merrick Garland issued a Department of Justice order mobilizing the FBI to coordinate with federal law enforcement to target parents deemed to be engaging in “threatening” behavior against school board members.
As to the rest of it, we should wait for some real news outlet reporting since no links were provided by the article as to what he was cleared of by the appeal court and what he was not cleared off.
he was cleared of the conviction -what appeals courts do. this is right in the link

Chip Slaven, NSBA’s interim executive director, wrote in a September 29 email that the letter, which characterized parents as potential “domestic terrorists,” was revised to include details of “specific threats” at White House staff’s urging. As a result, the NSBA letter cited 24 local news outlet items detailing “threats” parents leveled against school board members, the vast majority of which did not constitute criminal threats.

Good, so WH asked for what specific threats they are concerned about.

In response to the letter, which the NSBA has since apologized for, Attorney General Merrick Garland issued a Department of Justice order mobilizing the FBI to coordinate with federal law enforcement to target parents deemed to be engaging in “threatening” behavior against school board members.

Good. What issue do you have with this DOJ memorandum exactly? It sounds good to me.

Are you aware for any specific subsequent actions that FBI took that were wrong?

he was cleared of the conviction -what appeals courts do. this is right in the link

This link is BS as you should well know. It's from September where he said he WILL appeal. So what? That does NOT tell us anything about results of the appeal.

We'll have to wait for those from a reliable source.

Good, so WH asked for what specific threats they are concerned about.
Out of 24 incidents cited by the NSBA, 16 consisted of tense verbal exchanges between parents and school-board members that did not escalate to threats of physical violence. In many of these cases, the aggravated parents disrupted school-board meetings by angrily objecting to their districts’ mandatory masking policies and/or embrace of critical-race-theory curricula.
Good. What issue do you have with this DOJ memorandum exactly? It sounds good to me.
it was bogus collusion between the 2 entities
This link is BS as you should well know. It's from September where he said he WILL appeal. So what? That does NOT tell us anything about results of the appeal.
the conviction was overturned..
We'll have to wait for those from a reliable source.
goofle it if your arent happy with mine

Out of 24 incidents cited by the NSBA, 16 consisted of tense verbal exchanges between parents and school-board members that did not escalate to threats of physical violence.

... as per right wing biased publication.

In many of these cases, the aggravated parents disrupted school-board meetings by angrily objecting to their districts’ mandatory masking policies and/or embrace of critical-race-theory curricula.

I don't know details of these 16 cases. If you have a link with details of these, I'll read. nationalreview has run out of free articles for me.

it was bogus collusion between the 2 entities

I see, so you cannot point to anything objectionable in their memorandum.

the conviction was overturned..

No details available

goofle it if your arent happy with mine

I did and did not find anything.

... as per right wing biased publication.I don't know details of these 16 cases. If you have a link with details of these, I'll read. nationalreview has run out of free articles for me.I see, so you cannot point to anything objectionable in their memorandum.No details available
I did and did not find anything.
wasting my time . he was convicted, I gave you the charge he was convicted upon-trespassing.
``
I gave you the fact the NSBA wrote the letter, but timing showed the letter was done prior to Garland the "domestic terrorism"
meeo. a whole bunch of FBI agents were assigned and Garland wanted (hash tagg) "domestic terrorists" into a new data bases including parents
an "internal review said otherwise" (prior coordination) -but still the NSBA Executive Director John Heim said "letter we wrote went too far. What we said when we invoked the Patriot Act, when we talked about domestic terrorism — that was a mistake,” Heim said in February. “We should not have written it the way we did.”

There are links and hot links embedded. I cant spoon feed you this any further
When the NSBA issued its controversial letter to Biden in September, the document, co-signed by Slaven and then-president Viola Garcia, immediately stoked controversy with its description of heated parent protests over COVID-19 safety measures and curriculum topics on race and gender as being “equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes.”

That response was only heightened when U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland asked the FBI and federal prosecutors to talk to local leaders about the threats in the following days.

Back
Top Bottom