• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LouC here!

LouC

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Hello to all. Looking forward to getting into the stream of conversation here! :2wave:

I was a happy Republican and Fiscal Conservative for decades. Then the Republican Party, in the last 12 years or so, started shrinking their "big tent" and just kept shrinking their focus in politics, to the point that, with the ascension of Donald Trump, and his giddy declaration in December of 2016 that we who did march to his drumbeat, essentially, were his "enemies", it was the last straw and the Republican Party had finally LEFT me out.

In late 2016, after the election, I moved to a new state and when I had lived there long enough I Registered as a Democrat. I have no illusions about the Democratic Party, but at least they have not installed an insane man-child at the head of the party, who considers me an enemy, and unfortunately, got him elected to the head of our Nation.

I am now a proud and happy LIBERAL, if that label makes you happy so that you can pigeon hole me in future conversations.

I still have Conservative leanings, in particular in regards what I believe our Federal Government should be and should do. Still that Fiscal Conservative I always was.

I am not afraid of being wrong and admitting it when I am, but I am also not afraid to let others know when they are wrong! (So don't be wrong. :2razz:)

I don't love or enjoy all topics, no one does, but when I get intrigued with a story or an argument I tend to go overboard in doing background on the topic.

I am in my 60's but I am not impossibly set in my ways.

I enjoy humor and humorous things and some have said I have a quirky sense of humor, but I can also take a joke.

Oh, I tend to be verbose, at times, in case you haven't noticed that?

:lol:

Welcome to Debate Politics.

Hello to all. Looking forward to getting into the stream of conversation here! :2wave:

I was a happy Republican and Fiscal Conservative for decades. Then the Republican Party, in the last 12 years or so, started shrinking their "big tent" and just kept shrinking their focus in politics, to the point that, with the ascension of Donald Trump, and his giddy declaration in December of 2016 that we who did march to his drumbeat, essentially, were his "enemies", it was the last straw and the Republican Party had finally LEFT me out.

In late 2016, after the election, I moved to a new state and when I had lived there long enough I Registered as a Democrat. I have no illusions about the Democratic Party, but at least they have not installed an insane man-child at the head of the party, who considers me an enemy, and unfortunately, got him elected to the head of our Nation.

I am now a proud and happy LIBERAL, if that label makes you happy so that you can pigeon hole me in future conversations.

I still have Conservative leanings, in particular in regards what I believe our Federal Government should be and should do. Still that Fiscal Conservative I always was.

I am not afraid of being wrong and admitting it when I am, but I am also not afraid to let others know when they are wrong! (So don't be wrong. :2razz:)

I don't love or enjoy all topics, no one does, but when I get intrigued with a story or an argument I tend to go overboard in doing background on the topic.

I enjoy humor and humorous things and some have said I have a quirky sense of humor, but I can also take a joke.

And you call yourself liberal why?

Welcome aboard LouC :peace

So, you bailed on a party that headed by an "insane man-child" to join one head by the loveable American Gothic couple? :lol

So, you bailed on a party that headed by an "insane man-child" to join one head by the loveable American Gothic couple? :lol

Absolutely.

Give me the sane and rational, if never quite ready for prime time, "lovable American Gothic" couple any day over the sack of insane man-child excrement that is the Trump party and presidency.

Absolutely.

Give me the sane and rational, if never quite ready for prime time, "lovable American Gothic" couple any day over the sack of insane man-child excrement that is the Trump party and presidency.
"Lovable"? We talking about the same Nancy and Chuckie? Well, it's your decision. Contrary to what several folks say I'm not a Trump fan but I am a fan of some of the things he's done. Anyway, welcome to the DP. I think you'll enjoy it.

Hi LouC....welcome to DB.

Hope to see you in action! Have fun.

Hi LouC....welcome to DB.

Hope to see you in action! Have fun.

Thanks!

It might take some time to get up to speed in my participation here, I am currently swamped with remodeling our trailer and there has been little time for enjoying the discussions here. I am certainly no spring chicken anymore.

In other words eye says welcome.

Welcome lucy.

"Lovable"? We talking about the same Nancy and Chuckie? Well, it's your decision. Contrary to what several folks say I'm not a Trump fan but I am a fan of some of the things he's done. Anyway, welcome to the DP. I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks!

Lovable wasn't my call, another poster coined that for them.

I am not a fan of everything any politician has done, I don't march to anyone's drummer but my own.

I loathe the fact Donald Trump is our president, I think he is the worst we have ever had, but there has even been his "blind squirrel" moments that I do agree with. Like pulling all of our troops out of Syria, that is a good thing, I hope he gets it done. But I certainly don't accept his premise that he is doing it because ISIS is defeated, cause he has no clue about ISIS, but we need to get our military members out of the middle easts affairs. PERIOD

Because folks at another political message board told me I was a Liberal.

I got tired of arguing with them so I just decided to accept it.

So here you just gave in to preempt any such situation?

So here you just gave in to preempt any such situation?

Actually no. That is not at all the full situation.

I had been a lifelong Registered Republican. For the most part I was a happy Republican, from the time I turned 18 back in 1975, until about the year 2000. The whole Republican hierarchy obsession with the Clintons began to concern me about the direction the Right was taking. Still I gladly voted for George W. Bush for President as I had voted for him as Governor of Texas where I was living. But what I saw as the misuse of the worlds feelings after 9/11, their support for America, I saw that goodwill misused for the needless invasion of Iraq. Oh I voted for Bush for a second term, despite his taking the Republican Party down what I felt was a very wrong road.

Then there was the election of Barack Hussein Obama. I had felt for some time that the Republican party was moving in a direction I just did not feel I could any longer go. But Barack's election, the way so many Right wing family and friends reacted, their hate, their bigotry, their mindless vitriol, which was mirrored in the thoughts and actions of my fellow Right wingers on that other board just made me feel more and more there was little place for me under the Republican tent.

I never voted for Obama, I argued against much of his work as president, but I couldn't and wouldn't accept the lies and the unfounded smears that were a daily part of what I was experiencing. So I didn't accept them, and the more i did that the more I was labeled a "filthy Liberal".

The straw that broke this Republican camel's back was the insane ascension of Donald Trump to the presidency and to the leadership of the Republican Party, with his post election December greeting to his friends and to his enemies (those Americans who didn't goose step to his drum, which included me) being the end of my being a Republican.

Shortly after he was elected I moved to a new state and when it came time to register to vote I accepted the Republican's disinvite and registered as a Democrat.

I certainly have no regrets.

The Republican Party happily LEFT me out.

Actually no. That is not at all the full situation.

I had been a lifelong Registered Republican. For the most part I was a happy Republican, from the time I turned 18 back in 1975, until about the year 2000. The whole Republican hierarchy obsession with the Clintons began to concern me about the direction the Right was taking. Still I gladly voted for George W. Bush for President as I had voted for him as Governor of Texas where I was living. But what I saw as the misuse of the worlds feelings after 9/11, their support for America, I saw that goodwill misused for the needless invasion of Iraq. Oh I voted for Bush for a second term, despite his taking the Republican Party down what I felt was a very wrong road.

Then there was the election of Barack Hussein Obama. I had felt for some time that the Republican party was moving in a direction I just did not feel I could any longer go. But Barack's election, the way so many Right wing family and friends reacted, their hate, their bigotry, their mindless vitriol, which was mirrored in the thoughts and actions of my fellow Right wingers on that other board just made me feel more and more there was little place for me under the Republican tent.

I never voted for Obama, I argued against much of his work as president, but I couldn't and wouldn't accept the lies and the unfounded smears that were a daily part of what I was experiencing. So I didn't accept them, and the more i did that the more I was labeled a "filthy Liberal".

The straw that broke this Republican camel's back was the insane ascension of Donald Trump to the presidency and to the leadership of the Republican Party, with his post election December greeting to his friends and to his enemies (those Americans who didn't goose step to his drum, which included me) being the end of my being a Republican.

Shortly after he was elected I moved to a new state and when it came time to register to vote I accepted the Republican's disinvite and registered as a Democrat.

I certainly have no regrets.

The Republican Party happily LEFT me out.

It hasn't been much more conservative than Trump in many decades. So you never were a conservative, anyway; maybe just a RINO.

It hasn't been much more conservative than Trump in many decades. So you never were a conservative, anyway; maybe just a RINO.

I am still a Fiscal Conservative, in regards Federal Government, always have been, that didn't change just because the Republican Party LEFT me out.

You're even more in the wrong party then.

No. I am in the party that accepts me for who I am, without calling me an "enemy", just because I disagree with the head of the party.

No. I am in the party that accepts me for who I am, without calling me an "enemy", just because I disagree with the head of the party.

Yeah, you enjoy that.

Yeah, you enjoy that.

I have been wallowing in the pure enjoyment of being a member of a nonjudgemental Political Party with members who don't consider me an "enemy" simply because I don't goose-step to the drum beat of the party head.

Your story is exactly like mine except I understood things had gone loony back in 2000 not a mere 12 years ago.

I want the budget balanced, I always did, it never is. Liars and cheats. The GOp is worse obviously because they "play" conservative.

Back
Top Bottom