• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lou Holtz' Speech: "Biden and Others Who Support Abortion Are Catholics In Name Only". [W:111]

Re: Lou Holtz' Speech: "Biden and Others Who Support Abortion Are Catholics In Name Only". Spot On

There are models that predict how many deaths will occur in a given year. The models for 2020 so far have shown that COVID-19 fatal cases are actually underreported, so your dismissal of deaths based on "natural causes" has been debunked by science and statisticians.

The ‘excess deaths’ tally in the U.S. is 204,691 in 7 months — so COVID-19 deaths might be undercounted - MarketWatch

Do you know what caused the recession in 2009? If so, you should realize the false equivalency of your statements.

Dr Deborah Birx said all deaths are being attributed to COVID if COVID was present and those deaths are being significantly overreported.

Re: Lou Holtz' Speech: "Biden and Others Who Support Abortion Are Catholics In Name Only". Spot On

Dr Deborah Birx said all deaths are being attributed to COVID if COVID was present and those deaths are being significantly overreported.

Those who say the deaths are over-reported are putting forth one of the dozens of BIG LIEs of this fascist trump regime.

Old people die anyway, and those deaths are being falsely blamed on COVID. So why do you leftwingers think it's OK when people die from recessions as happened in 2009 under the 0bama recession?

You meant to say the Republican ‘Great Recession’ of 2009.

Appeal to hypocrisy noted and dismissed. His points still represent pretty well what we have seen during the pandemic, especially considering that far more Republicans find the number of deaths acceptable when compared to Democrats and Independents.

I note the leftwingers abandoned the Carlin-is-a-genious meme once I showed he entered rehab at age 67.

There has been a lot of misinformation in that regard. The CDC has made guidelines very clear since the beginning. "It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death."
Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths

How Death Certificates Work
When a person dies, the cause of death is determined by the certifier – the physician, medical examiner, or coroner who reports it on the death certificate. States register all death certificates and send them to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), where they are used to produce the nation’s official death statistics.

Certifiers are asked to use their best medical judgment based on the available information and their expertise. When a definitive diagnosis cannot be made, but the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty, certifiers may include the terms “probable” or “presumed” in the cause-of-death statement (COVID-19 Death Data and Resources - National Vital Statistics System).​

There has been a lot of misinformation in that regard. The CDC has made guidelines very clear since the beginning. "It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death."
Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths

When a person dies, the cause of death is determined by the certifier – the physician, medical examiner, or coroner who reports it on the death certificate. States register all death certificates and send them to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), where they are used to produce the nation’s official death statistics.

Certifiers are asked to use their best medical judgment based on the available information and their expertise. When a definitive diagnosis cannot be made, but the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty, certifiers may include the terms “probable” or “presumed” in the cause-of-death statement (COVID-19 Death Data and Resources - National Vital Statistics System).​

Honest physicians send in their reports then a few well-placed deep state employees at the CDC alter the figures to suit their Marxist employers. And then there is the situation that some of the reporting physicians never lay eyes on the deceased, as they are sequestered in nursing homes. I know this from experience with an inlaw.

But this is diversion. The topic is Holtz calling out Biden for being the phony Catholic he is, and for Trump being a pro-life hero.

Last edited:

Honest physicians send in their reports then a few well-placed deep state employees at the CDC alter the figures to suit their Marxist employers. And then there is the situation that some of the reporting physicians never lay eyes on the deceased, as they are sequestered in nursing homes. I know this from experience with an inlaw.

But this is diversion. The topic is Holtz calling out Biden for being the phony Catholic he is, and for Trump being a pro-life hero.

Appeal to ignorance noted and dismissed. If you want to believe things that cannot be proven nor disproven, that is your prerogative. I choose not to go down that rabbit hole. Do your best not to be late for your date with the Mad Hatter.

Old people die anyway, and those deaths are being falsely blamed on COVID. So why do you leftwingers think it's OK when people die from recessions as happened in 2009 under the 0bama recession?

The Obama Recession?????????????? Like I said what ever you are taking, unlike Carlin's drugs, causes you to live in a world of lies.

Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Death) s

Agreed

I think people are under the misconception that a death certificate can only list one thing. They can be quite complex. I agree that for statistical purposes including a covid diagnosis on the death certificate might be important. But the MD would be committing fraud if he said a person who was killed in a traffic accident of severe head trauma (but was covid positive) died from the covid primarily. If he was sick, the covid 19 might have contributed to his reaction times or concentration, but it would not be immediate cause of death.

Likewise, a person on hospice (but not actively dying) contracts covid and the covid clearly speeds up the expected outcome. The patient may have been terminal due to metastatic cancer, but the covid would emphatically have accelerated the death and should be on the death certificate as a contributing cause.

As a former Catholic, I could care less what Lou says or what the Pope says or what anyone in the church says about abortion. As far as I am concerned, the Catholic Church since its creation in the 4th century has been an organized crime syndicate responsible for the deaths of countless millions and the obstruction of rationality and reason once present in the civilized world and then completely abolished until the Age of Reason. They can go to hell for all I am concerned.

Lou Holtz didnt say you couldnt believe in abortion. He simply said you couldnt support abortion (or endorse homosexuality or gay marriage) and be a 'Catholic'.

If you arent Catholic, his words shouldnt cause you any concern. If you are, the only concern you should find is in self examination.

As a former Catholic, I could care less what Lou says or what the Pope says or what anyone in the church says about abortion. As far as I am concerned, the Catholic Church since its creation in the 4th century has been an organized crime syndicate responsible for the deaths of countless millions and the obstruction of rationality and reason once present in the civilized world and then completely abolished until the Age of Reason. They can go to hell for all I am concerned.
That is a GREAT position to take.

So he took drugs? What he took is less addictive than what you take and it led him to the truth, your obsession causes you to lie incessantly about life.

Huh?

Carlin spent most of his adult life on drugs in booze. In fact, he had to enter rehab at age 67, an age when most people have it long figured out. He was the definition of screwed up. And yet he's the leftwingers' life coach?

Proof of that allegation?

sacrifice grandma.jpg

Please provide a credible citation for your claim that "those deaths are falsely blamed on COVID".

I note the leftwingers abandoned the Carlin-is-a-genious(sic) meme once I showed he entered rehab at age 67.

Genious??? And you didn't show anything. You made a claim which you did not back up.

Good. All Catholics should renounce that cult of hate and repression and violence. Their history will never be repeated here in the US.

They openly act against the Lord's Word every day, God's Message of brotherly love, compassion, forgiveness, and peace. Any of the vengeful, repressive, punitive crap is the opposite of all that. The misinterpretations/misunderstandings of men long ago when writing the Bible are just that. God's Word stands as it is and anything within that is not a sin.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

What a shame you had the truth in your grasp and let it go. Sounds like your beef is with some imperfect humans in the church (or with false anti-Catholic propaganda), rather than church teaching itself. But if you let the actions of others determine your faith, you are bound to be disappointed.

Last edited:

What a shame you had the truth in your grasp and let it go. Sounds like your beef is with some imperfect humans in the church (or with false anti-Catholic propaganda), rather than church teaching itself. But if you let the actions of others determine your faith, you are bound to be disappointed.

Nope. I left the church when I became old enough to realize it was all just made up bull****. I was 12.

Good. All Catholics should renounce that cult of hate and repression and violence. Their history will never be repeated here in the US.

They openly act against the Lord's Word every day, God's Message of brotherly love, compassion, forgiveness, and peace. Any of the vengeful, repressive, punitive crap is the opposite of all that. The misinterpretations/misunderstandings of men long ago when writing the Bible are just that. God's Word stands as it is and anything within that is not a sin.

If you're living a great moral life, you have nothing to worry about. The L.A. Lakers have running punishments if you dog it in practice. Do we think Lebron ever has to run laps? No. He's the hardest-working player in the league. He sets his sights high, and so doesn't worry about punishments. And so it is if you strive to live a holy life. If you're worried about hell, you know you aren't living as you should. If you think you can do as you like without fear of hell, THAT is where you're in trouble. There is always justice that goes with the compassion. In fact, justice IS compassion.

Nope. I left the church when I became old enough to realize it was all just made up bull****. I was 12.

I am hopeful you will reconsider and return to the church and become devout. It's the best life you can have.

I am hopeful you will reconsider and return to the church and become devout. It's the best life you can have.

No thanks. I love the rituals and the churches but as far as believing in it, no way. I am an atheist.

If you're living a great moral life, you have nothing to worry about. The L.A. Lakers have running punishments if you dog it in practice. Do we think Lebron ever has to run laps? No. He's the hardest-working player in the league. He sets his sights high, and so doesn't worry about punishments. And so it is if you strive to live a holy life. If you're worried about hell, you know you aren't living as you should. If you think you can do as you like without fear of hell, THAT is where you're in trouble. There is always justice that goes with the compassion. In fact, justice IS compassion.

I try to live by what I wrote, by God's Word. And sex outside marriage, being gay, masturbation, etc etc etc are not outside that Word. They are therefore perfectly moral.

God's Word: compassion, brotherly love, peace, forgiveness. Anything covered by that Word and does not harm others is not a sin.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom