• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lou Dobbs' Big Fox Comeback

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
While Dobbs' new program will focus on business, he will have broad latitude to sound off on just about anything. "I'm never shy about dealing with controversial issues," he said.

As the economy increasingly emerged as the country's dominant story, Dobbs pined for a national platform, and sealed the deal with Ailes over the last two weeks. "I think he missed it," Magee said.

Dobbs didn't deny that, saying: "This stuff is in my DNA."

By an interesting coincidence, CNN founder Ted Turner, who hired Dobbs when he launched the Atlanta-based channel in 1980, is booked on Fox Business for Thursday afternoon. I'm told the subject will definitely come up.

Well looks like Ill have a second reason to watch TV news again. Ill have to catch his show, I've always liked Dobbs, just generally a guy you could agree with.

Lou Dobbs' Big Return to TV on Fox Business - The Daily Beast

Last edited:
Just when you thought FOX had hit the bottom of the barrel - they find a basement underneath.

Wonder what took so long. He was in that documentary for Hannity but that was a while back.
Guess he needed a long vacation.

I used to like him. I stopped believing in him around the time he started spouting off about some north american union conspiracy crap. Like the megahighway and common ID card and currency.

Yes the typical Liberal response, just call people names and lie about them.

Lou Dobbs should help in the further burial of CNN the (Communist News Network) and MSNBC which stands for (Mainly Stupid News By Crackpots).

Lou Dobbs is a class act who does his homework and presents reports in such a way the even 5th graders can understand him. Although I hear some adults have problems when he uses polysyllable words.

FYI: polysyllable, means more than one syllable. Just thought I'd help out with that. By the way polysyllable, is a polysyllable word. How about that boys and girls. Isn't learning fun?

Last edited:
Granted, the guy contributes little other than continuing the circle jerk of the media industry, but why is CNN and MSNBC continuing to bury themselves?

Lou Dobbs a bigot? Why do you say that?

Because of stuff like this. He tends to walk a fine line, but he goes over from time to time in a totally inappropriate manner.

Because of stuff like this. He tends to walk a fine line, but he goes over from time to time in a totally inappropriate manner.

[...]

In the first video he was going to say cotton-pickin'; that's just colloquial speech (maybe not great for use on a national news channel but not racist either-- not anymore anyway). In the 2nd he pointed out that la raza didn't represent all hispanics. How do either of these make him a bigot?

Last edited:
Liberals never can handle a realistic discussion on race. They prefer the Cliff Huxtable dream world.

Read the thread. Dobbs was called a bigot.

So how does one poster using the word bigot then translate into a broader statement about liberals not wanting a realistic discussion on race?
It seems you are jumping from A to Z with nothing in between.

So how does one poster using the word bigot then translate into a broader statement about liberals not wanting a realistic discussion on race?
It seems you are jumping from A to Z with nothing in between.

Video clips were provided. Dobbs got "real" about it, and liberals allowed themselves to be offended by his straightforwardness. Minorities in this country have - and mostly create - an abysmal situation for themselves, then cry racism every time someone points out the truth, and beg and expect the government to take on the responsibility and expense of their repeated generational bad decisions.

Video clips were provided. Dobbs got "real" about it, and liberals allowed themselves to be offended by his straightforwardness. Minorities in this country have - and mostly create - an abysmal situation for themselves, then cry racism every time someone points out the truth, and beg and expect the government to take on the responsibility and expense of their repeated generational bad decisions.

Yeah. The whole living in slavery thing was all on them and of their own creation.

So what exactly is this "real truth" anyway about minorities that they object to so much?

Yeah. The whole living in slavery thing was all on them and of their own creation.

So what exactly is this "real truth" anyway about minorities that they object to so much?

Here's a starter for you: Four out of every five black children born in the US today do not have a father listed on the birth certificate. Then they blame the system on the sub-par performance in their school related to suburban "white" schools. When you tell them it's their fault, they cry racism, and the liberals jump to their defense and USE that racism to generate Democratic support with no intent whatsoever to be honest with these voters about the real heart and reason of the issue.

See, a beautiful example of trying to shut down any honest conversation on race.

Here's a starter for you: Four out of every five black children born in the US today do not have a father listed on the birth certificate. Then they blame the system on the sub-par performance in their school related to suburban "white" schools. When you tell them it's their fault, they cry racism, and the liberals jump to their defense and USE that racism to generate Democratic support with no intent whatsoever to be honest with these voters about the real heart and reason of the issue.

Erod -

As long as these are the two ends of the spectrum

Conservative complaint: its all their own damn fault because they don't have what it takes to do what it takes.
Liberal complaint: its all the fault of slavery, Jim Crow and racism

there will never be an honest discussion about the problem.

Is it just possible that there is some truth in both positions and the answer lies with acknowledging that and finding solutions which speak to both claims?

See, a beautiful example of trying to shut down any honest conversation on race.

Again, you're living 100+ years ago. Can we un-do it now? Figure out why slavery is still occuring in Africa.

Last I checked, not a single black person alive in the United States was ever a slave, yet you liberals keep stoking that fire every elections cycle ad nausem.

Erod -

As long as these are the two ends of the spectrum

Conservative complaint: its all their own damn fault because they don't have what it takes to do what it takes.
Liberal complaint: its all the fault of slavery, Jim Crow and racism

there will never be an honest discussion about the problem.

Is it just possible that there is some truth in both positions and the answer lies with acknowledging that and finding solutions which speak to both claims?

No, not when you couch it with a strawman like that. You think I believe that blacks do not "have what it takes?" To me, THAT is a racist statement. There are thousands upon thousands of examples of black exceptionalism. (And about 75 percent of that group are quietly conservatives, though the media won't talk about them).

Just when you thought FOX had hit the bottom of the barrel - they find a basement underneath.

He's on Fox Business, not the beloved FNC. Besides, the basement is already occupied by bend over MSNBC.

In the first video he was going to say cotton-pickin'; that's just colloquial speech (maybe not great for use on a national news channel but not racist either-- not anymore anyway). In the 2nd he pointed out that la raza didn't represent all hispanics. How do either of these make him a bigot?

Actually, Rick Sanchez said cotton pickin' and got called out on it. I think Dobbs was trying to make a point by making a joke. Guess some people didn't get it.

Back
Top Bottom