• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lots' of work to do before Electric Vehicle become mainstream

Musk is a salesman. He's putting on a show. Heck, to his credit, he's got conservatives buying electric cars to influence social media. Buying an electric car to pwn social media should be a liberal thing. It's obviously a liberal thing. He's got conservatives doing it so I don't think we, mere mortals, should be questioning his salesmanship.

We'll find out what the company is worth after the ringmaster retires.
Musk is a good salesman and a visionary. He also has a world class ego that has gotten him in hot water with investors and the government.

The cheapest Tesla is not an economy car. Tesla is a luxury brand.

You can get a Nissan Leaf for as little as 20 grand, brand new.
The 2022 model S, which is the cheapest model has a base price (msrp) of $27,400. The price you mention is after the Federal rebate. I bought a new 2018 Leaf and after all the rebates, Federal, state, other incentive rebates and a little bending from the dealer it ended up costing me $17,500. It was a good car, but I had some manufacturing problems with it, fortunately covered by warranty.

Dunno. He said he would charge at nights and when he would stop for lunch, and it was not that hard to find charging stations.. He had a good time.
So he only drove like 5 hours a day?

So he only drove like 5 hours a day?
I think he told me one charge could take him around 400 miles. There are supercharging stations all over the country that can charge a Tesla in about an hour. Their locations all automatically show on the car’s GPS. That’s enough to catch a lunch or go to an attraction along the way while the car is charging.

I don’t know all the details, but he told me he had a good time and it really was not a big inconvenience.

Does anyone remember the little generator that one could flip against the wheel of a bicycle, that powered the lights on the bicycle. It's rotation did not take anything away from the pedalling speed one wanted to pedal.

Why let the wheels of a vehicle turn, have something like that built inside of the housing that use to house brake shoes (and make it a sealed housing), and still attach the disc brakes as they are normally attached. Then everytime the car is rolling it is producing some level of 'recharge %" back to the batteries.

I thought about this since the first introduction of electric vehicles. I still think at some point, they will figure it out and create it.

Back
Top Bottom