• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lost respect for Republican leaders who have abandoned the Republican voters.

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Republicans who are former office holders, who ran for the office of President, who were cabinet members in former republican administrations, who asked for the votes of republican voters in election after election, to you I say "traitors". Those like the Bushes, Mitt Romney, the McCains, Chris Christy, you asked for the support of republican voters for years and years. In election after election you ran for offices, in many cases the office of President as a republican candidate and you ask for the votes and the dollars of republicans. Now you have abandoned the republican party, and more importantly the republican voters. You failed to support the will of the republican voters who support the party you claim to belong to. As far as I am concerned you no longer have a place in the republican party and the party, which is the people who support it, vote for it and contribute to it, are ready for you to move over to the democrats and stay there.
You stepped aside and supported a democrat, who does not support the values of republicans. In many cases you spoke out publicly, you campaigned for Joe Biden, you spoke out against the candidate the republican voters chose. You have turned you backs on us.

It's rigged.

Your vote was stolen.

You vote was meaningless.

Why vote? It's a waste of time.

Rinos (Romney, Bush, McCain, Christy, et al) are lap dogs of the Democrats. They never expect to win and enjoy their role as the loyal opposition. Screw 'em all is what I say.

Rinos (Romney, Bush, McCain, Christy, et al) are lap dogs of the Democrats. They never expect to win and enjoy their role as the loyal opposition. Screw 'em all is what I say.
What those folks did is like the coach of the super bowl KC Chiefs pulling for the other team.

Republicans who are former office holders, who ran for the office of President, who were cabinet members in former republican administrations, who asked for the votes of republican voters in election after election, to you I say "traitors".
"To you I say traitors"? Are you going for like Lord of the Rings verse or something? Is this supposed to sound prophetic? A curse on you and your houses type thing?

"To you I say traitors"? Are you going for like Lord of the Rings verse or something? Is this supposed to sound prophetic? A curse on you and your houses type thing?
I'm going for sorry ass politicians who don't give a d*** about the average voters of their supposed party.

I'm going for sorry ass politicians who don't give a d*** about the average voters of their supposed party.

They haven't abandoned the Republican Party, they just didn't support Trump. Had they changed party affiliation, then sure, saying they abandoned the Republican Party makes sense. Remember, the party establishment did not want Trump to begin with; they just changed their tune because they had no choice. Prior to that, they were leveling the same critiques about Trump everyone else was.

Y'all picked Trump and he destroys everything that he comes into contact with. Good luck on your rebuilding.

Oh please Lord, let Trump tear apart the GOP by starting his own Party and guarantee that the far right doesn't take the White House for the foreseeable future.

Republicans who are former office holders, who ran for the office of President, who were cabinet members in former republican administrations, who asked for the votes of republican voters in election after election, to you I say "traitors". Those like the Bushes, Mitt Romney, the McCains, Chris Christy, you asked for the support of republican voters for years and years. In election after election you ran for offices, in many cases the office of President as a republican candidate and you ask for the votes and the dollars of republicans. Now you have abandoned the republican party, and more importantly the republican voters. You failed to support the will of the republican voters who support the party you claim to belong to. As far as I am concerned you no longer have a place in the republican party and the party, which is the people who support it, vote for it and contribute to it, are ready for you to move over to the democrats and stay there.
You stepped aside and supported a democrat, who does not support the values of republicans. In many cases you spoke out publicly, you campaigned for Joe Biden, you spoke out against the candidate the republican voters chose. You have turned you backs on us.

As they should if they wanted to maintain an ounce of dignity.

I realize that Trumpkins are having a little problem with math right now but I ask you, which is the bigger number? 77,324,657 or 72,181,657?

They haven't abandoned the Republican Party, they just didn't support Trump. Had they changed party affiliation, then sure, saying they abandoned the Republican Party makes sense. Remember, the party establishment did not want Trump to begin with; they just changed their tune because they had no choice. Prior to that, they were leveling the same critiques about Trump everyone else was.
You just stated my point. The party is the people. The people voted for Trump both in the primary and again to get him elected. Those "swamp creatures" at the head of the party administration, those that have been parts of republican white houses, who may have run for the Presidency or Congress, should be doing what they ask party supporters to do. "Get out and vote for Republicans in the election. They did not do that and it's shameful. They beg for our votes in every election but we now see exactly what they think of the worker, the voter, the individual of their sworn party. They need to get in the democrat party and stay there. Or better yet all those that voted Trump need to form a third party and let the Republican party die. Without all those voters the Republican party would be DOA.

As they should if they wanted to maintain an ounce of dignity.

I realize that Trumpkins are having a little problem with math right now but I ask you, which is the bigger number? 77,324,657 or 72,181,657?
You simple don't get it. This isn't about democrats, it's about Republicans and the failure of the supposed leaders of the party structure to support the people. Of course as a democrat I guess you don't understand how that works. Democrats like Schumer, Pelosi, don't supprt the voters. Just look how for decades they have promised the black voters results in order to get their votes but they don't ever deliver. Even black members of Congress let their own down year after year.

Many of those guys were just using you to advance their own agenda: "afraid of Obama taking away your guns? Shutting down your church? Making you communist and forcing you to goose step in front of a statue of Stalin? Then vote for me so I can cut my personal taxes on your back and I will protect you against these godless communists !"

LOL.

And you have been falling for it all these years. Sad. But anyway, live and learn. Now you know what it's all about.

You just stated my point. The party is the people. The people voted for Trump both in the primary and again to get him elected. Those "swamp creatures" at the head of the party administration, those that have been parts of republican white houses, who may have run for the Presidency or Congress, should be doing what they ask party supporters to do. "Get out and vote for Republicans in the election. They did not do that and it's shameful. They beg for our votes in every election but we now see exactly what they think of the worker, the voter, the individual of their sworn party. They need to get in the democrat party and stay there. Or better yet all those that voted Trump need to form a third party and let the Republican party die. Without all those voters the Republican party would be DOA.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of Republican voters didn't vote for Trump, but voted GOP for Congressional seats. The split ticket factor is something that's come up this election more so than others. The reason I say this is because Trump approval among Republicans has been pretty high, so whether that changed when it came to voting time would be good to know.

As for Trump loyalists forming a third party, I do wonder what kind of impact that would make. What hinders Trump is the fact he is so polarizing, and I suspect any party that supports that kind of figure is likely to attract similar demagogic candidates. I suspect it won't translate well in a presidential election, but at the congressional level there might be inroads to be made.

Back
Top Bottom