• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lost my best friend in real life

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Ouch. I can understand why he hated Obama. But when he went all in for Donald Trump, our friendship ended. Not my fault. Not his fault. Both our faults. This hurts.

Great musician, though. From being the sidekick of Dr. Demento, to starting the first British style progressive rock band in America, to just being a totally kick ass musician, Edison Freeman rocks. We were close friends, then along came Trump, and it changed everything. I never thought politics would change our relationship, but it did, and it hurts like hell. But kudos to one of the most kickass musicians in America. Edison Freeman, you still rock.

:( I'm sorry, Dana. *hugs*

Ouch. I can understand why he hated Obama. But when he went all in for Donald Trump, our friendship ended. Not my fault. Not his fault. Both our faults. This hurts.

Great musician, though. From being the sidekick of Dr. Demento, to starting the first British style progressive rock band in America, to just being a totally kick ass musician, Edison Freeman rocks. We were close friends, then along came Trump, and it changed everything. I never thought politics would change our relationship, but it did, and it hurts like hell. But kudos to one of the most kickass musicians in America. Edison Freeman, you still rock.

Sorry to hear that, bud. I lost a friend over all this ****, too.

Sucks. :(

Did he just pass away??
PS: Yeah, first time I've really heard this bunch...it's the real deal.

For some reason or other there are just TONS of people who seem to be incapable of separating personal matters from political ones. I just don't understand it.

No matter how much I might disagree with someone politically there is ALWAYS something out there that we can agree on and enjoy.

It isn't Trump that makes things suck. It's people's inability to separate everything else that goes on in their lives, good or bad, from Trump. Trump is just a guy. He puts his pants on one leg at a time and his **** stinks just like anyone else's. DO NOT let your life be guided by this guy or any other politician.

Wait a second, is that YOU up there blazing away on the guitar? That guy looks like your avatar.

I am sorry for your loss, though it sounds like the loss happened before he died. I hope you know, for your sake, that Trump did not ruin your friendship.

Last edited:

What dope would toss away a freindship over the soap opera called politics?

Sorry for your loss.

I try to keep politics out of my real life and my friendships, but I have a couple of friends who dissolved their 35 year friendship over Trump. Hard to believe we were all one big happy family and then "poof".

I am sorry for your loss, though it sounds like the loss happened before he died. I hope you know, for your sake, that Trump did not ruin your friendship.

He ddn't die. He is still alive and and kicking ass. :)

:doh

Oh good grief, Dana, my bad. I totally read into your OP something that wasn’t there. Hey, as long as there’s life, there’s hope.

If a friendship can't survive political differences, was there really one there to begin with?

Maybe, maybe not. But either way it doesn’t negate all the good times and happy memories you had together.

If a friendship can't survive political differences, was there really one there to begin with?

We were close, very close, and this hurts like hell. Not because because he was that famous, but because he was that he was that great. When we had a rehearsal, i had goosebumps.

Damn it, Dana!

You reminded me of a scene from The Office.

Michael: Ladies and Gentlemen. I have some bad news. Meredith was hit by a car.
Jim: What?
Dwight: Where?
Michael: It happened this morning in the parking lot. I took her to the hospital, and the doctors tried to save her life. They did the best that they could... And she is going to be OK.
Stanley: What is wrong with you? Why did you have to phrase it like that?

;)

We were close, very close, and this hurts like hell. Not because because he was that famous, but because he was that he was that great. When we had a rehearsal, i had goosebumps.

Do you feel like you can’t reach out to him and try to get your friendship back?

:doh

Oh good grief, Dana, my bad. I totally read into your OP something that wasn’t there. Hey, as long as there’s life, there’s hope.

I read it the same way!

In that case, move past the politics before you actually don't have a second chance.

sorry to be this cold, dan, but that is more stupid than letting a chick come between a strong friendship

on the gear page we cannot discuss religion or politics. and that seems to work well for musos. why not try that "rule" for your band and/or your friendship

impossible to have too many good friends. take care of the ones you have, brother

hell, you're a bass player ... that explains a lot of dumb things. he knows that

Back
Top Bottom