• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lori Lightfoot makes no apologies for protest ban in her neighborhood.

Oborosen

Doctor D
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Lori Lightfoot makes no apologies for protest ban in her neighborhood: I’ve a right to make sure my home is secure

Well here we are again kids. Another sign of rules for thee but not for me. Especially when it comes to people like Lightfoot.
She's basically sectioned off her whole street and is using the police to remove anyone. Be they peaceful protestor, or any other.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot confirmed Thursday that, though she “unequivocally support and will always fight for the rights of individuals to peacefully protest on any issue,” this support doesn’t extend to people protesting in her neighborhood.

I've heard claims that she's been receiving death threats, but so far I haven't seen anything definitive.
“I’ve seen the threats that have come in, and I have an obligation to keep my home, my wife, my 12-year-old, and my neighbors safe. … And I think that residents of the city, understanding the nature of the threats that we are receiving on a daily basis, understand that I have a right to make sure that my home is secure.”

So how does anyone else feel about this?

She does what she wants to protect herself and her own neighborhood. Yet no one else in the city is apparently going to get that benefit.

Lori Lightfoot makes no apologies for protest ban in her neighborhood: I’ve a right to make sure my home is secure

Well here we are again kids. Another sign of rules for thee but not for me. Especially when it comes to people like Lightfoot.
She's basically sectioned off her whole street and is using the police to remove anyone. Be they peaceful protestor, or any other.

I've heard claims that she's been receiving death threats, but so far I haven't seen anything definitive.

She does what she wants to protect herself and her own neighborhood. Yet no one else in the city is apparently going to get that benefit.

Just more proof of dem hypocrisy.

Welp, nobody else in Chicago is special. They're just average schmucks, and the world is full of 'em. Average schmucks are replaceable. And not only is Lightfoot special, but so is all her stuff, because it's hers. Sooo, eat ypur gruel, watch TV, drive your piece of **** car that you can't park, vote democrat, and STFU.

That is all this is, you either support protests or not.

Could this lead to a 1st amendment violation for her, if she basically kicks out protestors who are actually peaceful?

In a sane world, the people who elected her should be trying to run her out of town on a rail. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

(Being tarred and feathered is optional.)

AIG Run Out Of Town On A Rail.jpg

Hmm... she appears to have created a gated community at public expense (and by EO?) in "her neighborhood".

Hmm... she appears to have created a gated community at public expense (and by EO?) in "her neighborhood".

It’s just another entitlement program for her, it’s all she has known all her life.

In a sane world, the people who elected her should be trying to run her out of town on a rail. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

(Being tarred and feathered is optional.)

View attachment 67292372

We did a social reflection course in college about being run out on a rail. The men actually lace their arms around your legs and synch you to the tie. It's supposed to hurt like hell and some men actually have their shins broken, because the men who did it were usually the biggest people they could find.

Could this lead to a 1st amendment violation for her, if she basically kicks out protestors who are actually peaceful?

It gets blurry but I tend to agree with you, protest is in general constitutionally protected.

The point I was making is we have a very hypocritical mayor here being supportive of protests... just not on her street.

Let me guess... those Nigerian MAGA boys are the source of the death threats?

Dems can't claim that Lightfoot is an isolated example. The mayors of Seattle and Tacoma encouraged the leftist mobs until they encroached upon the private property of those two mayors. The mayor of Seattle only closed down CHAZ because the protestors found out where she lives and protested outside her house.

Back
Top Bottom