• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lord of the Rings or Star Wars?

LOTR or Star Wars?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Now that we know the majority of people favor Star Wars, how about this....

LOTR or Star Wars?

You can't choose both and if you say neither, don't vote. Obviously. :peace

I can't pick. I love both alot.

However, if you forced me to live in a futuristic world or a more medieval kind of world, I'd probably pick the futuristic one.

However sitting in the Prancing Pony having a pint of Barleymans finest does sound good right now.

LOTR easy. Of course it was based on a popular book so the comparison mite not be fair.

Ah crap .... I love them both but if I have to choose.

LOTR

LOTR wins by a landslide in my book.

I enjoyed LOTR more.

again....

LOTR

elf.jpg

versus

Star Wars

jarjar.jpg

a thousand deaths are not enough for George Lucas.

Star Wars.

I've never seen the movies about walking.

Lord of the Rings is to Star Wars what The Dark Knight is to Batman Forever.

Lord of the Rings is to Star Wars what Cadillac is to Yugo.

edit: oops, the subtitle clearly shows one of the strong words used in the still image for this video, so I removed it...it was the star wars vs LoTR scene from Clerks 2

Note: strong language

Last edited:
I prefer the Star Wars movies to the LOTR movies, but the LOTR books are far better than both.

It was meh, The Dark Knight, for all it's praise and lauding, was poorly written and terribly put together.
The Joker was cool but that's about it.
Having Christian Bale play Batman, was just awkward, to say the least.

I think Heath Ledger's Joker is the best character in the Nolan series but Batman Begins was a better film. Christian Bales' weaknesses as Batman were more obvious in the second film, but I still rank him the best Batman to date.

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are both childhood favorites. One is arguably the best Fantasy fiction ever written (I like The Hobbit and the Histories of Middle Earth more though) and the OT is probably the Science-fiction movie series ever made. Both inspire wonder and awe across generations.

Still, have to go The Lord of the Rings. It's a marvel at every stage of its conception. The level of craftsmanship is astounding. Star Wars was like that for the two movies, but then it began to lose its consistency. Granted, Return of the Jedi was still a strong film. The final confrontation between Luke, Darth Vader, and the Emperor ranks as the most epic moment in Star Wars, but you had to go through some BS to get there.

Last edited:
I say Star Wars (well, 4, 5, & 6 anyway) because I can actually watch them repeatedly and not get bored. I feel into the story everytime. The LOTR movies bore me. Some of the guys are hot, but they aren't even the main character. Plus, the movies are too long. They were good the first time I watched them, but I hate when my husband wants to watch them over and over. I generally jump on WOW or here.

Star Wars hands down.

LOTR by a nose. Mainly due to keepin it old school with elves, dwarves and orcs with a bit of good old fashioned magic in there. I'm more old school than futuristic.

Back
Top Bottom