• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like there will be riots in Louisville tonight

The protests will outlast the illegal cop violence. Soon, it will click for cops that when they break the law, their actions will have consequences.
A grand jury said cops didn't break the law. What now?

So the thugs, ghetto trash, and gangbangers should just have open season on Law Enforcement, right?

Hopefully those pushing for the abolishment of police are the only ones negatively effected by what comes next. Irony please give us irony.

When they call for help I pray it goes unanswered so that irony can slap them in their ignorant faces.

This sentiment is why cops are getting shot in the face. *You* are making life so dangerous for everyone.
Exactly lol. Supporting law enforcement is why it so dangerous.

Not people like you pushing a bullcrap narrative that police are hunting blacks lol.

And each and every one of the scumbags that shoots a cop should face a FEDERAL Death Penalty!
Hopefully the cops execute them on the spot. This way they do indeed get the death penalty and its carried out on the scene with no trial and its a white cop that carries out the sentence.

Make our Aunt so happy and warm and fuzzy you know.

You don’t have to apologize to me, it’s your failed education. I don’t care what *you* label anything.

What is the self-defense threshold for police officers in KY? What are the limits?
Being shot at pretty much crosses it fool.

Does not address the fact that the law and rules lean in the favor of the cops and not the citizens, which far too often become victims of the cops.
Far too often? Thousands of police encounters daily and you can't list 20 TRUE victims.

You mean deep divide he nurtures I guess.
Trump nurtures nothing. You leftist are hate filled to the max already. The fact that your violent leftists comrades are inflamed at every trump word like a sir Elton John hemorrhoid, doesn't mean Trump's words are to blame.

I mean, maybe it has? It’s also caused more *unnecessary* human suffering in history than anything else. Our country is ridiculous.
Lol oh the ignorance.

Are you 22 living in mamas basement?

I'll bite anyway. Show your proof please.

y
You can see what you want, I’m not being ambigious or hiding a damn thing. Violence begets violence. Bible tells us so. YOu just want validation that the violence *you* crave is righteous and just and necessary. That belief will not shield the people you do care about in this scenario from the belief by those on the other side that also wants vioence that is righteous and just and they feel is necessary because the system refuses to accept their lives matter.

Breonna Taylor was murdered. Not a single human being was charged in the destruction of her body. LIke she didn’t even exist.
You are a liar. You are spreading disinformation. Taylor was caught in a crossfire caused by her dope dealing boyfriend. Police simply returned fire. Something I guarantee you will do if facing the same situation.

Police had legal authority to enter the home.
Police knocked and announced themselves..
Police entered the home..
Police were shot at and one officer hit..
Police returned fire accidentally killing Taylor who was in bed with the shooter.

Taylor was not murdered. Lying sacks of crap.

These lies are causing this tension and violence.

There is evidence to suggest the unequal application of the law and the use of the law against black Americans.

That is a difficult question to answer, as the application of one rule and principle to every situation is wrong. What this highlights is the dangerous firearm issues the country faces. A lack of laws to regulate firearms, an oversupply of firearms and a dangerous culture surrounding them.

I don't believe anyone is questioning that criminals are responsible for shooting police officers. Its a matter of how individuals tend to stereotype and make assumptions based on the actions of one or a few.

I agree. There also needs to be national leadership on this issue, not simply a violent and reactive response.

The police failed miserably in this raid. There were not drugs in the house. Reports indicate they didn't announce their presence. Did she deserve to die? This once again highlights the lack of firearm legislation and the dangerous environment it breeds.

The entire country is a shambles. No national leadership. No clear direction. A lost, divided and hateful country at the moment.
More whites are killed by police.

Independent witness said they knocked and announced. We all were lied to. Wonder why?

I though it was the wrong apartment based on reporting, another lie.

I didn't know taylor AND her boyfriend were suspected drug dealers. Another lie.

You can see what you want, I’m not being ambigious or hiding a damn thing. Violence begets violence. Bible tells us so. YOu just want validation that the violence *you* crave is righteous and just and necessary. That belief will not shield the people you do care about in this scenario from the belief by those on the other side that also wants vioence that is righteous and just and they feel is necessary because the system refuses to accept their lives matter.

Breonna Taylor was murdered. Not a single human being was charged in the destruction of her body. LIke she didn’t even exist.

To believe Breonna was murdered IS the problem....wanting justice for an imaginary crime cannot be called justice. The police were shot at first.....look to her boyfriend, for if he did not fire and injure an officer, Breonna would still be alive. The police were there serving a warrant, upon entering were fired upon, they returned fire and Breonna was in the crossfire.....it was not murder. Sad and unfortunate, but clearly not murder. You are advocating the murder of police officers.

In your eyes police executed Taylor? Lol this is why we are in this situation. This kind of thinking that is.

So in your eyes police planed the murder of Taylor. The definition of execute.

They didn't go to her apartment to execute a warrent?

They didn't get shot at by a man in Taylors bed?

No none of that they went there to kill her lol.

Utter and complete ignorance and the reason race relations are so bad. Folks just not capable of critical thinking.

Yes, the liberal left media has spread so much misinformation on this case, it's not even funny. Kudos to Kentuckys Attorney General, Daniel Cammeron, who being a black man, had to follow the evidence and do the right thing.

To believe Breonna was murdered IS the problem....wanting justice for an imaginary crime cannot be called justice. The police were shot at first.....look to her boyfriend, for if he did not fire and injure an officer, Breonna would still be alive. The police were there serving a warrant, upon entering were fired upon, they returned fire and Breonna was in the crossfire.....it was not murder. Sad and unfortunate, but clearly not murder. You are advocating the murder of police officers.
You are pleading for Black people to be murdered left and right. Look at your post trying to blame the boyfriend for protecting his family.

I wonder if you have been supportive of Kyle Rittenhouse

y
You are a liar. You are spreading disinformation. Taylor was caught in a crossfire caused by her dope dealing boyfriend. Police simply returned fire. Something I guarantee you will do if facing the same situation.

Police had legal authority to enter the home.
Police knocked and announced themselves..
Police entered the home..
Police were shot at and one officer hit..
Police returned fire accidentally killing Taylor who was in bed with the shooter.

Taylor was not murdered. Lying sacks of crap.

These lies are causing this tension and violence.

D112347B-61FE-4E48-8621-71CF2CDD1AF6.jpeg

Lol oh the ignorance.

Are you 22 living in mamas basement?

I'll bite anyway. Show your proof please.

I didn’t ask you to do anything. You may go now.

Are you stupid? Who is being treated like that? You have manufactured some fantasy in your head. Please provide some evidence.

Blacks commit a high percentage of crime and will attract a high percentage of law enforcement encounters. It that simple. You aren't being picked on or hunted.

And for God's sake if you simply comply with police IF an encounter happens 99.9999999 percent end safely for all.

I spend 14 hours a day in the hood working. I dont see police acting badly.

“The hood”. Snicker.

First of all: Daily Fail.
Second: That looks like signs. Yes, indeed "riot supplies".
Third: According to the text: goggles, masks, water bottles. Yes, very "riot supplies".

If they had shown up with a van filled with legal guns, all good! Signs..they could be up to anything.

No, I am not. Evil Communists like yourself hate law and order.

There is no reason to call anyone a Communist unless the person is self-identified as one.

There is no reason to call anyone who opposes police brutality and injustice evil either.

How does the law keep blacks down?

What should happen to police who were shot at and one wounded before returning fire?

Why do you comment when you don't know the details? Police didn’t shoot first.

When will people like you finally realize the criminals responsibility in most of these events?

I expect everyone to comply with police commands. Thats it. If you are wrongly arrested you fight the battle in court. If you are mistreated they will pay civilly.

Even in this taylor tragedy the innocent black folks were selling drugs. Not taylor but the boyfriend. We were led to believe that this was a no knock door breach of the wrong residence. Now it was a warrant for taylors boyfriend and dope dealer. Police enter and get shot at and hit by what they thought was a dope dealer. What a bull crap narrative that the media and guys like Lebron James fed us. Innocent blacks being hunted and killed by police for no reason lol.

Keep crying wolf guys. Keep lying. Keep rioting for every case even ones like this. Great way to make folks like me see your point.
So it's midnight and you're in bed sleeping. You hear banging at your door but no voices. You are a law abiding citizen and a legal firearm owner who doesn't know who is doing the banging in your door. The banging gets louder and more intense so you shoot low through your door hoping it will scare whoever off. What's the worst you can be charged with if you hit someone on the other side of the door in the lower leg?

Cops come banging at my door unannounced, I'm not opening it. You might expect everyone to kowtow to police commands but knowing one's rights you do not have to comply with everything the police command and be well within your rights.

No one was charged with Taylor's death because her death is a justifiable homicide, not a "murder".

Again, keep the facts in mind.

Taylor was a rightly-suspected drug dealer. She was doing administrative and warehousing work for her ex-boyfriend, the boss of the drug-dealing enterprise. She held money and gave it to him, likely as part of the money laundering process. She received the drug packages and then handed them to the ex-boyfriend. The police knew this was happening. That's why they raided her apartment.

The police thus entered her apartment thinking she was a suspect in a drug-dealing enterprise. The police were mentally prepared for the presence of guns in such an enterprise, which are simply always present in drug-dealing enterprises.

So the police, when they were fired upon, quick, quick returned fire in the direction of the two people one of whom was holding at least one of the possible multiple guns that fired at them.

The current boyfriend then quickly hit the ground while the police returned self-defense fire, and with him on the ground, Taylor was left exposed, and was hit six times.

Remember, the police went in their suspecting Taylor of being a part of the drug-dealing, knowing what she looked like, and thus did not experience her as some innocent bystander or prisoner or the like.

She was a suspect and rightly so.

A gunfight broke out started by those on Taylor's side of the exchange.

That she was hit and killed is sad, yes, very .. nevertheless, had she not been engaging in the illegal drug trade she would never have been considered a suspect to justify the raid.

Thus her death is simply not on the police officers who were defending themselves in a quick, quick life or death situation.

Sadly, in truth, Taylor's death lies squarely .. with herself.

Is anybody going to refute this?

In addition. It was NOT and no-knock warrant and there was at least one witness who said they announced themselves,

Independent witness said they knocked and announced. We all were lied to. Wonder why?

What witnesses are you referring to, because the AG's office has not yet released any evidence to the public yet? This is based solely upon media report.

I though it was the wrong apartment based on reporting, another lie.

I don't believe there has been a dispute about the apartment being wrong, what media source was this publicized in?

I didn't know taylor AND her boyfriend were suspected drug dealers. Another lie.

I am not denying that. But does that justify her murder?

You don’t have to apologize to me, it’s your failed education. I don’t care what *you* label anything.

What is the self-defense threshold for police officers in KY? What are the limits?

The self-defense laws for police in KY are same as for anyone else - when deadly force is used against them they may respond in kind. Had Taylor’s house guest not elected to shoot a police officer then the police would very likely been charged with a crime. Why do you suppose that the house guest who shot a police officer serving a warrant was not (ultimately) charged for doing so?

So it's midnight and you're in bed sleeping. You hear banging at your door but no voices. You are a law abiding citizen and a legal firearm owner who doesn't know who is doing the banging in your door. The banging gets louder and more intense so you shoot low through your door hoping it will scare whoever off. What's the worst you can be charged with if you hit someone on the other side of the door in the lower leg?
I would think you wouldn't be charged with anything.

The self-defense laws for police in KY are same as for anyone else - when deadly force is used against them they may respond in kind. Had Taylor’s house guest not elected to shoot a police officer then the police would very likely been charged with a crime. Why do you suppose that the house guest who shot a police officer serving a warrant was not (ultimately) charged for doing so?

Because the cops were blind firing and had no idea who they were shooting at. They were just firing into people’s apartments. That’s not self-defense.

Breonna‘s houseguest was protecting himself and his family. But he’s Black, so he doesnt have the same rights that Kyle Rittenhouse does according to all the 2A patriots.’

I wonder what accounts for that. I wonder.

Back
Top Bottom