• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like Ketanji Brown Jackson to be Biden's SCOTUS pick

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Why is she a good pick? Seriously, I know nothing about her but assume you are familiar.

Why is she a good pick? Seriously, I know nothing about her but assume you are familiar.
And I provided a link in the OP just for you. If you read the link down a bit there's a whooooooole section headlined with "Coming from 'a background of public service'".

[insert picture of sea lion here -ed]

I'd just like to say how glad I am that only 6% of the country was looked at for this job!
far less than that. There might be 25 people who have the intellectual, academic and professional qualifications at a given time to be a top SC justice pick. Limiting it to a group that has so few of those is just stupid

far less than that. There might be 25 people who have the intellectual, academic and professional qualifications at a given time to be a top SC justice pick. Limiting it to a group that has so few of those is just stupid

BA from Harvard - magna - and supervising editor of the Harvard Law Review. I'm surprised you're not celebrating this pick.

Ketanji Brown Jackson: A Dataset Of Over 500 Opinions - Opera News

Good pick.

This was expected.

1. She was moved into Garland's position when he became DOJ AG. This put her in line for SC consideration. Especially since the usual RINO's confirmed her to that position...Lindsey Graham, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

2. She's a judicial activist and she has had a BUNCH of decisions overturned...even by Dem-controlled courts.

"Judge Jackson's record of reversals by the left-leaning D.C. Circuit is troubling for anyone concerned about the rule of law," Judicial Crisis Network president Carrie Severino told Fox News Digital on Tuesday. "For example, in Make the Road New York v. Wolf, a D.C. Circuit panel composed of a majority of Democratic nominees concluded that Jackson had set aside a Trump administration rule where there was no legal basis to do so."​
"Cases like these suggest that Jackson might be willing in politically charged cases to ignore the law to deliver a particular policy outcome, and that's not what we want to see from a Supreme Court justice," she continued.​
During Jackson's 2021 confirmation for her current position, conservatives pointed to her track record of overturned rulings.​
One 2019 case involved an order that expanded the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) definition on which noncitizens could be deported. Another overturning involved a trio of orders on federal employees’ collective bargaining power.​
Jackson's DHS ruling was overturned in a 2-1 decision by the D.C. Circuit Court, which said reviewing the DHS policy did not fall under the Administrative Procedure Act.​
The judge's ruling on the three collective bargaining orders was overturned unanimously b;y the D.C. Circuit Court, which ruled that Jackson did not have jurisdiction to adjudicate the case.​

So yeah...her nomination was planned since last year. Of course, the Biden puppet masters had to put on a show by supposedly "looking" at others for the nomination.

And now...the Senate will put on a show for the sheeple before they confirm her.

So it goes...

This was expected.

1. She was moved into Garland's position when he became DOJ AG. This put her in line for SC consideration. Especially since the usual RINO's confirmed her to that position...Lindsey Graham, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

2. She's a judicial activist and she has had a BUNCH of decisions overturned...even by Dem-controlled courts.

"Judge Jackson's record of reversals by the left-leaning D.C. Circuit is troubling for anyone concerned about the rule of law," Judicial Crisis Network president Carrie Severino told Fox News Digital on Tuesday. "For example, in Make the Road New York v. Wolf, a D.C. Circuit panel composed of a majority of Democratic nominees concluded that Jackson had set aside a Trump administration rule where there was no legal basis to do so."​
"Cases like these suggest that Jackson might be willing in politically charged cases to ignore the law to deliver a particular policy outcome, and that's not what we want to see from a Supreme Court justice," she continued.​
During Jackson's 2021 confirmation for her current position, conservatives pointed to her track record of overturned rulings.​
One 2019 case involved an order that expanded the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) definition on which noncitizens could be deported. Another overturning involved a trio of orders on federal employees’ collective bargaining power.​
Jackson's DHS ruling was overturned in a 2-1 decision by the D.C. Circuit Court, which said reviewing the DHS policy did not fall under the Administrative Procedure Act.​
The judge's ruling on the three collective bargaining orders was overturned unanimously b;y the D.C. Circuit Court, which ruled that Jackson did not have jurisdiction to adjudicate the case.​

So yeah...her nomination was planned since last year. Of course, the Biden puppet masters had to put on a show by supposedly "looking" at others for the nomination.

And now...the Senate will put on a show for the sheeple before they confirm her.

So it goes...
66ktdp.jpg

Seems to be pretty reasonable from her history of rulings. Here's a few links for you to get started.

(Continued)

I'd just like to say how glad I am that only 6% of the country was looked at for this job!

And even less for Trumps pick, which was a list handed to him but conservative group of right wing hacks and nutjobs to pick from. You people just do nothing but make moronic comments that show you have no credibility and no clue what you are talking about. it's so sad and pathetic you people can't do anything but make moronic one liner partisan hack comments

that's exactly what trump did and every other president. Some conservatives group handed him a pick of the extremist candidates. Who did Trump pick? Christian taliban queen nutjobs and rapist kavanaugh. And he didn't even pick anything, he was told who to pick

And even less for Trumps pick, which was a list handed to him but conservative group of right wing hacks and nutjobs to pick from. You people just do nothing but make moronic comments that show you have no credibility and no clue what you are talking about. it's so sad and pathetic you people can't do anything but make moronic one liner partisan hack comments

that's exactly what trump did and every other president. Some conservatives group handed him a pick of the extremist candidates. Who did Trump pick? Christian taliban queen nutjobs and rapist kavanaugh. And he didn't even pick anything, he was told who to pick

There are two kinds of Supreme court picks: liberal or conservative. The ones you agree with politically are always qualified and the ones you disagree with seldom are. Its really just that simple.

Republicans are relatively quiet as they are trying to synch up their unified manufactured opinion on why they don't like her.

Are you incapable of reading? Or just too lazy?

Jackson clerked for Breyer and served as a federal public defender in Washington -- an experience that her backers say is fitting, given Biden's commitment to putting more public defenders on the federal bench. She was also a commissioner on the US Sentencing Commission and served on the federal district court in DC, as an appointee of President Barack Obama, before Biden elevated her to the DC Circuit last year.

Back
Top Bottom