• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like anti Obamacare propaganda has not worked

tererun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
So it looks like lots of activity on the day of the exchange roleout has trashed the Obamacare websites. Pretty much to be expected when you move from a testing phase to live servers and you get hammered. But it also shows that people are fired up about the idea of getting some health insurance and are looking to sign up. Just a little example, how many of this sites people quit last weekend when it was terrible to try and post? Looks like a bunch of you came back when the problem got fixed, and this is not health care.

The republican strategy for destroying Obamacare has relied on two things. one was to get it somehow repealed which they have one last chance to do, and that looks to be failing miserably. They other is to have people not sign up over the next year to cause it to fail. It looks like the second one is failing as people are trying to sign up. Since the exchanges are how the insurance companies will get new customers I doubt they will be allowed to stay down very long. This is big trouble for the Obamacare haters.

Yay! The abject failure is proof of it's complete success. That's pretty funny in a very pathetic way.

So it looks like lots of activity on the day of the exchange roleout has trashed the Obamacare websites. Pretty much to be expected when you move from a testing phase to live servers and you get hammered. But it also shows that people are fired up about the idea of getting some health insurance and are looking to sign up. Just a little example, how many of this sites people quit last weekend when it was terrible to try and post? Looks like a bunch of you came back when the problem got fixed, and this is not health care.

The republican strategy for destroying Obamacare has relied on two things. one was to get it somehow repealed which they have one last chance to do, and that looks to be failing miserably. They other is to have people not sign up over the next year to cause it to fail. It looks like the second one is failing as people are trying to sign up. Since the exchanges are how the insurance companies will get new customers I doubt they will be allowed to stay down very long. This is big trouble for the Obamacare haters.

Some interesting observations.

Maybe some of the problems with the exchanges have to do with the 10's of thousands of additional people who have lost their health insurance due to Obamacare?

Ten states where Obamacare wipes out health care plans | The Daily Caller

1) California: 58,000 will lose their plans under Obamacare. The first bomb dropped in California with a mass exodus from the most populated state’s Obamacare exchange. Aetna, the country’s third largest insurer, left first in July and was closely followed by UnitedHealth. Anthem Blue Cross pulled out of California’s Obamacare exchange for small businesses as well.

Fifty-four percent of Californians expect to lose their coverage, according to an August poll.

Yay! The abject failure is proof of it's complete success. That's pretty funny in a very pathetic way.

I am sorry, I did not meant o poke a hole in your fantasy world bubble. I am sure no one is actually trying to sign up for obamacare despite all the efforts the reps have made to keep them from doing it.

Maybe some of the problems with the exchanges have to do with the 10's of thousands of additional people who have lost their health insurance due to Obamacare?

1) California: 58,000 will lose their plans under Obamacare. The first bomb dropped in California with a mass exodus from the most populated state’s Obamacare exchange. Aetna, the country’s third largest insurer, left first in July and was closely followed by UnitedHealth. Anthem Blue Cross pulled out of California’s Obamacare exchange for small businesses as well.

Fifty-four percent of Californians expect to lose their coverage, according to an August poll.

For an unpopular program which seems to take health care away as you imply it seems to have a lot of people out there looking to get health care on it. Just a small point, no one forced employers to drop employees from health care coverage. That is not part of obamacare in any way, so please do stop lying.

I am sorry, I did not meant o poke a hole in your fantasy world bubble. I am sure no one is actually trying to sign up for obamacare despite all the efforts the reps have made to keep them from doing it.

You can't dodge this one. That claim you made that the flop of the Obamacare launch is actually proof it it's success..... that's priceless. :)

You can't dodge this one. That claim you made that the flop of the Obamacare launch is actually proof it it's success..... that's priceless. :)

You mean the flop of a website due to activity based on demand. Technically the website is not going to be your doctor, you are aware of that point, right?

You mean the flop of a website due to activity based on demand. Technically the website is not going to be your doctor, you are aware of that point, right?

No, I mean the flop of the website due to crappy programming and infrastructure design.

Of course they're fired up about it; just like my sisters-in-law any time the State or Feds decide to give something else away for nothing. Tell them there's another opportunity to RAPE those of us who actually WORK for a living, and you'll actually see their lazy asses out of bed before 11am. Nothing new there.

Again, of course people are signing up. Many of them are going to get something for nothing (or damn near nothing).

For an unpopular program which seems to take health care away as you imply it seems to have a lot of people out there looking to get health care on it. Just a small point, no one forced employers to drop employees from health care coverage. That is not part of obamacare in any way, so please do stop lying.

Well, actually, I didn't imply anything, I just posted an article that reports on the thousands of people who have lost their health care due to Obamacare.

The reason for the loss wasn't employer related, but I believe due to a number of major health insurance companies exercising their right not to participate in the health care exchanges set up by the program.

So, since it's clear you didn't read the article, I'd appreciate your apology for claiming I lied.

On the other hand, I suspect you won't do that, so your reputation will remain in force.

I went to the website, but it wasn't to praise or applaud ObamaCare. So the notion that many people visiting means it is all because they are in favor is just silly.

More denialism. ACA is opening up with a bang as millions of people look at the figures and realize they can get affordable health care now.

That's the real reason conservatives have gone apeshiiiite over stopping it. They knew people would love it once it went into effect. Just like Romneycare, which was a remarkable success.

Well duh! Folks are signing up for free stuff, what do you expect. And no, crashing on the first sign of demand is not the normal course for website design and management. In fact it betrays very poor design and implementation.

Look, we insured more people than any other single country and our uninsured were a small percentage of our population. But even so, those uninsured (long term and recently BECAUSE of Obamacare) numbered in the millions. Any web developers or server admin worth the bundles they're getting paid by the government to do this work, should have been more than ready for the demand.

Of course they're fired up about it; just like my sisters-in-law any time the State or Feds decide to give something else away for nothing. Tell them there's another opportunity to RAPE those of us who actually WORK for a living, and you'll actually see their lazy asses out of bed before 11am. Nothing new there.

Again, of course people are signing up. Many of them are going to get something for nothing (or damn near nothing).

I thought it was supposed to be too expensive? That was the propaganda that it would make all health insurance unaffordable.

Well duh! Folks are signing up for free stuff, what do you expect. And no, crashing on the first sign of demand is not the normal course for website design and management. In fact it betrays very poor design and implementation.

Look, we insured more people than any other single country and our uninsured were a small percentage of our population. But even so, those uninsured (long term and recently BECAUSE of Obamacare) numbered in the millions. Any web developers or server admin worth the bundles they're getting paid by the government to do this work, would have been more than ready for the demand.

Now they are signing up for free stuff. Wow, i was not expecting you to be so hypocritical so fast. So we are all going to save ourselves some money by getting free health insurance which means all the cries that none of us would be able to afford it was a load of crap.

I went to the website, but it wasn't to praise or applaud ObamaCare. So the notion that many people visiting means it is all because they are in favor is just silly.

You do realize that is a powerful way to advertise. People who come will buy even if they might be opposed to it if they discover that the hater hype was wrong.

I thought it was supposed to be too expensive? That was the propaganda that it would make all health insurance unaffordable.

It's not expensive for the lazy, worthless sacks of **** getting public assistance. They get it damn near free from what I've read and it's almost entirely covered by me and the other WORKING Americans who actually pay TAXES.

Or maybe the Daily Caller is lying.

12 Insurers Sign Contracts For California Exchange - But One Plan Opts Out

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Daily-Reports/2013/August/08/health-exchange-news.aspx

Last edited:
You do realize that is a powerful way to advertise. People who come will buy even if they might be opposed to it if they discover that the hater hype was wrong.

The hype wasn't wrong.

Or maybe tens of thousands lost their health insurance when they were laid off from their jobs because of the recession and Obamacare had nothing to do with it.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. That's all I have to say about those people.

It's not expensive for the lazy, worthless sacks of **** getting public assistance. They get it damn near free from what I've read and it's almost entirely covered by me and the other WORKING Americans who actually pay TAXES.

I pay TAXES, too. I'm tired of having our insurance rates go up because some people who make good money are too cheap and lazy to buy their own insurance and are using emergency rooms for their healthcare at my expense....and yours. At least with Obamacare they'll have to pay for their own insurance and healthcare. Thats called "personal responsibility"....which is something conservatives seem to have forgotten about.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. That's all I have to say about those people.

I don't know how old you are, but there may come a time when your employer thinks someone younger than you is more suited to your job because they can pay them less and they won't complain and all that experience and wisdom you gained over the years will become irrelevant.

No, I mean the flop of the website due to crappy programming and infrastructure design.
Do tell the problems you have with the programming and infrastructure design. Please relate their server/database setup and your knowledge of how they planned for the initial rush vs. how they plan to handle the later steady stream when there is no longer a rush.

In other words, please elaborate with details.

So it looks like lots of activity on the day of the exchange roleout has trashed the Obamacare websites. Pretty much to be expected when you move from a testing phase to live servers and you get hammered. But it also shows that people are fired up about the idea of getting some health insurance and are looking to sign up.

Haha, you're ridiculous. The mere fact that the website does not work does not indicate anything about what emotions the people trying to use it are experiencing.

One possibility is that the website simply does not work.

Another possibility is that people are trying to get on the website to finally see how much more expensive their insurance premiums will be next year. People like me are simply trying to figure out 1) how to budget for next year given my family will experience dramatic increases in health insurance premiums, and 2) comparisons between exchange premiums and what I'd have to pay to add my son to my own employer-provided policy.

I am one of the people unable to use the website, and I am not "fired up." I am impatiently waiting to see how much less money I will have next year thanks to this law that makes insurance less affordable.

Back
Top Bottom