• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looking for podcast app suggestions

Grizzly Adams

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So Apple Podcasts is a dumpster fire and has been for years. It used to be great on my iPod Classic -- I could download the podcasts that interested me, then sync my iPod to transfer the files, set up a smart playlist, and listen to podcasts, in order of release, nonstop. But then I "upgraded" to an iPod Touch and found that Apple decided I shouldn't be able to listen to podcasts the way I want to, but only the way they want me to. So now I have to select each podcast to play and can't put them into a playlist.

I'm looking for suggestions for a podcast app that doesn't suck as hard as Apple Podcasts.

App requirements:
1: allow me to pick and choose which individual episodes of subscribed/followed series I want to download
2: play them back for me in order of release date, oldest to newest
3: the playback must cross podcasts, not force me to binge on one series after another.
4: if it's recommended highly and looks decent, I'm willing to pay something for it, but I won't pay a subscription - one and done.

Any ideas?

I think sticher meets all your requirements
I came across that one on a list but it doesn't mention being able to download, only stream. I will take a look, though. Thanks!

TuneIn Radio is good.

You can download on sticher. It's the app I use for listening to podcasts
Thanks for the tip, but it looks like it doesn't carry all the podcasts I want.

Is there a way to add an RSS?

So Apple Podcasts is a dumpster fire and has been for years. It used to be great on my iPod Classic -- I could download the podcasts that interested me, then sync my iPod to transfer the files, set up a smart playlist, and listen to podcasts, in order of release, nonstop. But then I "upgraded" to an iPod Touch and found that Apple decided I shouldn't be able to listen to podcasts the way I want to, but only the way they want me to. So now I have to select each podcast to play and can't put them into a playlist.

I'm looking for suggestions for a podcast app that doesn't suck as hard as Apple Podcasts.

App requirements:
1: allow me to pick and choose which individual episodes of subscribed/followed series I want to download
2: play them back for me in order of release date, oldest to newest
3: the playback must cross podcasts, not force me to binge on one series after another.
4: if it's recommended highly and looks decent, I'm willing to pay something for it, but I won't pay a subscription - one and done.

Any ideas?

I use an app called Podcast Addict while I am in the car because I like the Android Auto interface and the fact that it's download only, and on my PCs I use Spotify, which also lets you download.

Back
Top Bottom