• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Look who changed his mind; Trump calls the Russian invasion 'a holocaust'

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Must have seen how well his previous comments went down. When in doubt, change your position.

Former President Trump called the Russian invasion into Ukraine “a holocaust” and urged Russia to stop fighting, a large shift in tone since last week when the former president praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Must have seen how well his previous comments went down. When in doubt, change your position.

Former President Trump called the Russian invasion into Ukraine “a holocaust” and urged Russia to stop fighting, a large shift in tone since last week when the former president praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

How is this changing his mind?

He has never supported Russia invading Ukraine. In fact, he told Putin if he invaded, Trump would bomb Moscow.

He has never supported Russia invading Ukraine. In fact, he told Putin if he invaded, Trump would bomb Moscow.
Yeah, right. He said he'd ask Putin to do him a favor. Just like he asked Zelensky. I guess Trump thought he was the mob boss. That's why Putin thinks he's cute.

Not surprising; he opines in whatever direction the wind blows as long as he believes it benefits HIM

Just wait he will gobble a bucket of KFC and down a lhalf gallon of Diet Coke, do a couple of lines and come back to Putin..:

Yeah, right. He said he'd ask Putin to do him a favor. Just like he asked Zelensky. I guess Trump thought he was the mob boss. That's why Putin thinks he's cute.
Whatever, Mycroft. :rolleyes:

Seems like he did say it:

There are other stories making the rounds, too, and they are even more provocative. One has it that Trump — noting that Putin seized land from Georgia when George W. Bush was president and seized the Crimean peninsula when Barack Obama was president — warned Putin against a land grab on his watch.

“If you move against Ukraine while I’m president,” Trump is said to have told the Russian leader, “I will hit Moscow.”

Putin reportedly scoffed, “No way,” leading Trump to say, “All those beautiful golden turrets will be blown up.”

Honestly fellows, I am a tad skeptical on both your claims.

@itstony his previous comments were not his position, they were idiotic expressions of admiration. Naturally, given the intense partisanship it has been turned into a "position" in support of Russia. But that said, Trump does this crap all the time, showing his admiration for strength and autocratic power, one reason he refused to characterize Putin as the creep he is. And not only is it disturbing, it's really really dumb. Brutalizing a nation after manufacturing fake claims isn't "genius", except in Trumps warped mind.

@Mycroft I'd love to know the source of where he went that far, or even close to it. My impression is that his entire tenure was riddled with doubt about any negative material regarding Putin, excuse making (i.e. repeating the fiction that Ukraine is really a part of Russia) and friction with staff over a more aggressive posture with Russia. A man that reacts, in the moment, with gut choices and who often parroted the last thing a visitor told him as fact, well, that is why I have developed a deep dislike of him politically.

@Mycroft I'd love to know the source of where he went that far, or even close to it. My impression is that his entire tenure was riddled with doubt about any negative material regarding Putin, excuse making (i.e. repeating the fiction that Ukraine is really a part of Russia) and friction with staff over a more aggressive posture with Russia.
The source is Trump's own boasting, long after he was safely out of the presidency and as Russia's military build-up was making it look like something he and his unquestioning fans could blame on Biden's "weakness." See post #11.

Trump is starting to seem like more a follower of events over the last month. This is another "don't forget about me" kind of statement.

Just wait he will gobble a bucket of KFC and down a lhalf gallon of Diet Coke, do a couple of lines and come back to Putin..:
How do you know he drinks diet coke?

No...you are talking about the wrong guy. It's Obama who is known for asking Putin for favors.

Honestly fellows, I am a tad skeptical on both your claims.

@itstony his previous comments were not his position, they were idiotic expressions of admiration. Naturally, given the intense partisanship it has been turned into a "position" in support of Russia. But that said, Trump does this crap all the time, showing his admiration for strength and autocratic power, one reason he refused to characterize Putin as the creep he is. And not only is it disturbing, it's really really dumb. Brutalizing a nation after manufacturing fake claims isn't "genius", except in Trumps warped mind.

@Mycroft I'd love to know the source of where he went that far, or even close to it. My impression is that his entire tenure was riddled with doubt about any negative material regarding Putin, excuse making (i.e. repeating the fiction that Ukraine is really a part of Russia) and friction with staff over a more aggressive posture with Russia. A man that reacts, in the moment, with gut choices and who often parroted the last thing a visitor told him as fact, well, that is why I have developed a deep dislike of him politically.
Read the thread. I gave the source to another member.

Back
Top Bottom