• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Look at my African-American over here! Look at him!"

Way to prove my point libs. How about you go read some of it from his website after you come home from gender studies lectures? Then you can tell me which parts you disagree with and maybe then we can take your opinions seriously.

I'm a liberal now? Awesome. Does this mean they're going to take away my Republican registration?

Thanks for the compliment about me being in college. Sadly, I graduated 31 years ago and have since been married to a 2nd Amendment advocate and raising 3 little conservative kids.

I'm a liberal now? Awesome. Does this mean they're going to take away my Republican registration?

Thanks for the compliment about me being in college. Sadly, I graduated 31 years ago and have since been married to a 2nd Amendment advocate and raising 3 little conservative kids.

I saw you using liberal talking points so my bad for assuming. Being in college is not a compliment these days, now that they have mandatory indoctrination courses.

Congratulations for the kids, its a great thing. Good to hear that you are at least pro 2nd Amendment, so you will make the right vote in november to leave for them a country that still has that right.

Hope you read up on the policies.

I saw you using liberal talking points so my bad for assuming. Being in college is not a compliment these days, now that they have mandatory indoctrination courses.

Congratulations for the kids, its a great thing. Good to hear that you are at least pro 2nd Amendment, so you will make the right vote in november to leave for them a country that still has that right.

Hope you read up on the policies.

My husband is the 2A guy. I support it but not with the rabid focus he does.

No, I'm not a Liberal. I'm a very conservative fiscal right winger and a social moderate (hence my label of "moderate"). I read Trump's policies. I don't believe them. The man was a Democrat who supported Hillary Clinton as recently as 8 years ago. He supported partial birth abortion. He supported Clinton's assault weapons ban. I don't trust him, and I never will.

My husband is the 2A guy. I support it but not with the rabid focus he does.

No, I'm not a Liberal. I'm a very conservative fiscal right winger and a social moderate (hence my label of "moderate"). I read Trump's policies. I don't believe them. The man was a Democrat who supported Hillary Clinton as recently as 8 years ago. He supported partial birth abortion. He supported Clinton's assault weapons ban. I don't trust him, and I never will.

Fair enough. I dont trust any politician, so in my view its clearly better to vote for somebody who might deliver on his policies, even if its just for the sake of marketing his brand, rather than someone paid off from the establishment who definitely will not. If trump delivers even half of what he says he will, it would be the most worthwile vote for the last 16 years.

Those goggles annoy me. I'm a pro at year round tanning (yes, I know...it's bad for me but I like to have a slight tan). I have never, ever ended up with those ridiculous looking goggle eyes. It looks like he's wearing ****ing ski goggles in the bed.

Ski goggles! That's what it looks like! I did a little tanning as a gift from my daughter and I, being much less experienced, didn't end up with goggles around my eyes. LOL

I agree that Biden was awful. But what does that have to do with what Trump said (and says)?

If people were willing to overlook Biden's gaffs and bad behavior they should be able to overlook Trumps. that's my point.

Biden wasn't running for President.

Uhh where have you been... he Ran for President in 1988, and he ran for President in 2008, eventually losing then primary and then he ran for VP with Obama as Pres in 2008 and 2012.
And he has a loooong history of saying inappropriate things.

Uhh where have you been... he Ran for President in 1988, and he ran for President in 2008, eventually losing then primary and then he ran for VP with Obama as Pres in 2008 and 2012.
And he has a loooong history of saying inappropriate things.

Biden is not running for President right now. Donald Trump is. Biden has nothing to do with Donald Trump's idiotic behavior. I'm not one of those people who excuses someone's behavior because "Joey did it too!".

If Biden's behavior bothers you so much, don't vote for him.

Ski goggles! That's what it looks like! I did a little tanning as a gift from my daughter and I, being much less experienced, didn't end up with goggles around my eyes. LOL

Yup LMAO.

Ski goggles:

ski-goggles-1.jpg

Tanning goggles:

woman-lying-down-in-tanning-booth-with-goggles.jpg

The great man doesn't seem to know what to wear when.

Solid defense there, Lou.
No. Not really.
Deflecting from an issue onto another candidate and, especially, the "they did this which is much worse!" defense is just burying your head in the sand and ignoring the issue so you can comfortably vote according to your favorite football team (which is all the two parties are anymore really).

Good afternoon TB,
Any day now, I expect that Trump will tell us that he was great friends with Mohammed Ali and that Ali was a supporter of his campaign.
Ali was Trump's African American boxer.

Exactly!
Through greed & self-interest, the GOP politicos laid the foundation of Trump's takeover of their party! Whether it was the President lacking a birth cert, to him being a Kenyan, to ACA death panels, and a myriad of other offenses, they made this happen. There was no fictional nonsense too delusional for them not to support. No matter how false and incredible the item that was stated as fact, they *never* spoke-out against it or their Party! Right now, It's the PR version of the Hastert rule (and let's ponder that a bit!).
They conditioned a large subset of their voters to believe anything!
And Trump's got them believing it!
If the party were to slide-off into oblivion, I'd not shed a tear. As bad as Trump can be, I feel the GOP establishment is as bad if not worst - just in a different manner.
Good riddance (hopefully). If Trump were to get in, he will eventually be replaced. But the current incarnation of the GOP has been around for decades, and only seem to be getting worse.
Perhaps one day I'll share how I *really* feel about them! :mrgreen:
I would only add one thing to your partisan leaning post. The DNC and RNC are of equal evil. They are two faces of the same corruption.

Considering his history of being a democrat, and his history of presidential runs...I've always had a suspicion that Trump is some kind of patsy. Someone to make the Republicans look bad in order to get Democrats elected. In his last presidential "run" he portrayed himself as an independent that leaned towards the right side of the aisle. It was the same time that HRC ran for POTUS. He didn't last too long in that election but I think that he lasted long enough to put the kybosh on republicans that year. This year he's running as a full blown republican that says such outrageous stuff that at the least half of it is unbelievable. (being generous there) It's like he's going out of his way to offend practically every minority in this country. And frankly I don't think that Trump is actually that stupid. You don't get to be a billionaire in this world by being dumb and making offensive remarks every time you turn around.
Interesting theory. I don't think the DNC is smart enough to have calculated this kind of Trump success phenomenon though.

Absolutely uncool to do that, just as uncool as pandering to African Americans, or any minority, for votes.
Both do it for votes, both stop at nothing. Hillary is just a bit more refined and rehearsed. Despicable.
So we have a rehearsed, pre determined answer and question Hillary. She does not answer, the regurgitates.
On the other hand, we have Donald, who starts answering a question, then veers from one topic to another to another to another, like some teen with attention deficit.
Go BERNIE. No chance in hell he will get the nomination, but one can hope and believe in miracles, right?
I still find Sanders to be the only candidate who concludes a speech and I don't feel the need for someone to go "wink wink nudge nudge" afterwards.
But honesty is a lost trait on modern Americans which also plays into them getting what they deserve and what "We the People" built, ourselves. A corrupt bipartisan empire with its own interest at hearts who places its people under a comfortable tyranny while feeding them reality shows and brainless sitcoms.

Right on point. Just what is the answer...right now? I don't even have the words to describe how I feel about our most likely nominees. Hillary, as much as I despise her, at least has Bubba behind her to smack her in the head now and then. Trump, how can a clown, who can't complete a simple train of thought, lead this country?
How did we get in this mess? Is it our failure to vote for third party options that let the establishment on both sides be too powerful and power hungry?
You are close. If there is one good thing happening this election year, people are starting to realize that the Donkey Elephant Empire needs to fail and to fall. This is good in my mind because it brings us one step closer to abolishing partisan politics as the useless and archaic device for corruption that it is. We should have evolved to voting on individuals instead of party rhetoric by now. But Americans love their football teams.
I think it was Adams who said "Political parties serve two purposes. One. To divide the country. Two. To keep a small number of many in power."

Well it would not be a problem if he did not do it on an almost daily basis and came up with actual policy instead of just rhetoric.
Why would he go through the work to establish policy or to say things that make sense? Look how far he has gotten with pure nonsense and insult.

No. Not really.
Deflecting from an issue onto another candidate and, especially, the "they did this which is much worse!" defense is just burying your head in the sand and ignoring the issue so you can comfortably vote according to your favorite football team (which is all the two parties are anymore really).

Ali was Trump's African American boxer.

I was being sarcastic. It's a reference to the Simposes, detective Lou is notorious for making obvious and/or terrible conclusions/arguments.

Also, Ali had a very public denouncement of Trump after he "suggested" a total ban on muslims.

Back
Top Bottom