• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lonnie Mack Posthumous R.I.P.

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]Lonnie Mack, Blues-Rock Guitar Great, Dead at 74[/h][h=2]Flying V pioneer influenced entire generation of guitar gods, from Duane Allman and Eric Clapton to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bootsy Collins[/h]While largely unknown to mainstream audiences, Mack's influence on an entire generation of guitarists is vital: The Allman Brothers' Duane Allman and Dickie Betts both admired Mack; "Lonnie is one of the greatest players I know of. He's always been a great influence on me," Betts once said.
Many of the blues-minded guitarists that formed the backbone of the British Invasion and modern rock n' roll – Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Ronnie Wood, John Mayall and more – also frequently cited Mack as a founding influence; Richards, Wood and Ry Cooder would make onstage appearances during Mack's Strike Like Lightning tour.

Link.

Can't believe I missed this news only 2-3 weeks ago. The guy was a genuine great, honest to his music (which I loved) and an important if largely unremarked influence on some of my guitar heroes.

I saw something about that as basically a footnote to another article I was reading. That sucks. Lonnie was one of the greats. Never got his due.

Can't believe I missed this news only 2-3 weeks ago. The guy was a genuine great, honest to his music (which I loved) and an important if largely unremarked influence on some of my guitar heroes.

I can't believe I missed the news and this thread. Thanks so much for posting this.

Back
Top Bottom