• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Longtime White House Journalist Helen Thomas has Died

sorry to hear. she had a long and interesting life. RIP.

RIP Helen Thomas!

I wish we had more like her. She was the rare example of a courageous member of the Fourth Estate, doing her best to hold those in power accountable for their often criminal behavior.

Moderator's Warning:
Please note there is a [R.I.P.] tag in this thread. As such, be sure to remain within the guidelines associated with it. Be respectful or don't post in the thread. If you want to share negative feelings this is one of the instances where you can make a concurrent thread with the sam story and minus the R.I.P. tag.

Her controversies and bias aside she was a bulldog, and a rare true female curmudgeon. I bet it would have been interesting to dine with her.

She held presidents accountable, and I respect that.

First I'm not a conservative, second I couldn't stand the b**** when she was alive so I'm not going to feign any sorrow now.

It would however behoove you to pay attention to forum rules and moderator warnings. Just saying.

Great journalist that wasnt afraid to speak her mind, get to the bottom of things, and actually hold government accountable. She will be missed. RIP.

I think the White House statement sums Helen up best:
"What made Helen the “Dean of the White House Press Corps” was not just the length of her tenure, but her fierce belief that our democracy works best when we ask tough questions and hold our leaders to account. Our thoughts are with Helen’s family, her friends, and the colleagues who respected her so deeply."

We need more like her.

Sorry to hear that. Ms. Thomas had a long and good life.

First I'm not a conservative, second I couldn't stand the b**** when she was alive so I'm not going to feign any sorrow now.

You're not a conservative and I'm the Czar of all the Russias.

You ever hear the phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." Would have been a good time to heed that advice.

It is sad to hear that one of the last true journalists has died.

What forum rule says I have to pretend I am sorry about someone I despised passing?

You don't have to pretend anything, but showing some class would be nice.

THere are aspects to her that anybody who knows me KNOWS I don't approve, but I'm sure not about to spit on her grave.

You don't have to pretend anything, but showing some class would be nice.

THere are aspects to her that anybody who knows me KNOWS I don't approve, but I'm sure not about to spit on her grave.

You think THIS is bad, one thing on my bucket list is to piss on Clinton's grave.:lol: I'm serious too!

Back
Top Bottom