• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Longtime CNN Reliable Sources host moves on to Fox News..

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Washington (CNN) - Longtime media reporter Howard Kurtz and CNN parted company as Kurtz and CNN confirmed the end of his 15-year run hosting CNN's Reliable Sources program. Kurtz will become a contributor to Fox News.
Kurtz has worked for many years as a media reporter and media critic. He spent 29 years at The Washington Post, the majority of those years working as the Post's media reporter. After leaving the Post in 2010, Kurtz became the Washington Bureau Chief for Newsweek and The Daily Beast, managing the Washington staff and writing on politics and media...
snip

Longtime CNN Reliable Sources host moves on – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Washington (CNN) - Longtime media reporter Howard Kurtz and CNN parted company as Kurtz and CNN confirmed the end of his 15-year run hosting CNN's Reliable Sources program. Kurtz will become a contributor to Fox News.
Kurtz has worked for many years as a media reporter and media critic. He spent 29 years at The Washington Post, the majority of those years working as the Post's media reporter. After leaving the Post in 2010, Kurtz became the Washington Bureau Chief for Newsweek and The Daily Beast, managing the Washington staff and writing on politics and media...
snip

Longtime CNN Reliable Sources host moves on – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I like Howie - however, listening to reporters critique other reporters gets to be a little tiresome, particularly now that reporters are not so much reporters as they are talking heads. Still, he's a smart man and perhaps he can invent a new approach at FOX.

I'm familiar with his name but have never watched him. I imagine he'll bring his own unique perspective to Fox News, and I hope this is a win for both CNN and Fox.

i watched his show from time to time, and generally found it to be pretty good. sorry to see him go to a network that i don't watch.

snip

How does the old saying go?...If you can't lick-em, join-em. It must suck to be a left leaning 'journalist' currently...:lamo

snip

Howie has his moments that make him seem reasonable and that make you want to give him a modicum of respect.
Kind of like you, Pete.

Howie has his moments that make him seem reasonable and that make you want to give him a modicum of respect.
Kind of like you, Pete.
Back at you bubba.

I think he'll make a nice addition to Fox.

I agree with you, I think his Sunday show will be a nice complement to Fox News Sunday.

They only hired him as a contributor for now, but my guess is if they like what they see, they will find a full time slot for him somewhere... Fox is pretty good about utilizing it's talent. Over the years they picked up names like Lou Dobbs, John Stossel, Don Imus, Geraldo Rivera, John Gibson, Greta Van Susteren and they all ended up with their own shows.

They only hired him as a contributor for now, but my guess is if they like what they see, they will find a full time slot for him somewhere... Fox is pretty good about utilizing it's talent. Over the years they picked up names like Lou Dobbs, John Stossel, Don Imus, Geraldo Rivera, John Gibson, Greta Van Susteren and they all ended up with their own shows.

You need to read Media Matters ;)

Howard Kurtz Jumps To Fox News | Blog | Media Matters for America

CNN's longtime media reporter, Howard Kurtz, is moving to Fox News. As first reported by Mediaite and subsequently confirmed by the network itself, Kurtz will be taking over the spot currently occupied by Fox News' weekend media criticism program, Fox News Watch. The move comes after reports that CNN was "reviewing" Kurtz's "status at the network" after he was dropped by The Daily Beast following an erroneous and much-criticized column on NBA player Jason Collins' announcement that he is gay. Per Mediaite, "Jon Scott, the current anchor of Fox News Watch, will move to the specials unit, serving as an anchor for that programming."​

Last edited:

CNN's longtime media reporter, Howard Kurtz, is moving to Fox News. As first reported by Mediaite and subsequently confirmed by the network itself, Kurtz will be taking over the spot currently occupied by Fox News' weekend media criticism program, Fox News Watch. The move comes after reports that CNN was "reviewing" Kurtz's "status at the network" after he was dropped by The Daily Beast following an erroneous and much-criticized column on NBA player Jason Collins' announcement that he is gay. Per Mediaite, "Jon Scott, the current anchor of Fox News Watch, will move to the specials unit, serving as an anchor for that programming."​

Cool... I'm glad to hear it... I look forward to seeing the show.

How did I know that was coming?

How does the old saying go?...If you can't lick-em, join-em. It must suck to be a left leaning 'journalist' currently...:lamo

I don't think he was a left leaning journalist.

It's actually a good fit for him. Most of his show dealt with media bias and tended to revolve around an adoring liberal media ignoring negative stories from liberal candidates.

I don't think he was a left leaning journalist.

It's actually a good fit for him. Most of his show dealt with media bias and tended to revolve around an adoring liberal media ignoring negative stories from liberal candidates.

Then it's a great fit for him. I think Fox devotes half of their programming to that. If the left-leaning media didn't exist, there would be no Fox News.

Then it's a great fit for him. I think Fox devotes half of their programming to that. If the left-leaning media didn't exist, there would be no Fox News.

There might not be a Democrat party either though.

Fox News fills a void in the TV news market which is the reason the network is so successful.

Back
Top Bottom