• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Long hair or short hair?

Depends on the person. But I will say that in general, I prefer either long-ish hair on a man, or shaved head/bald. I don't like the military buzz cuts *at all*.

On women, it just really depends on the woman. I have no preference outright. Some women look better with long hair, some with short.

I have always had very long hair. I used to sit on my hair it was so long. I've had it long, varying lengths, most of my life. Only recently I've cut it shorter simply because with my long-ish face, the long hair just doesn't look as good on me as shorter hair does, I don't think. It just makes my face seem even longer. And, I can't wear bangs due to cowlicks, so I'm opting for the shorter hair right now (shoulder length)

1069 said:
I'm the opposite; I really only find short-haired women attractive (unless they keep it all pulled back/piled up, all the time).

Probably a difference in view since we also differ in gender. It could be the butch/lipstick comparison, or whatever that whole thing is called. I admit I'm not up on bisexual culture.

It often seems to me that long hair is used to hide or detract attention from defects or blemishes.

In what way? I don't mean hair covering someone's face. Only hippie douchebag men do that. When I say I love women with long hair, I just mean hair that is neat in front (minimal bangs if you just absolutely can't help it), but long, silky, and flowing in back. And if a woman ever ties her hair in a pony tail and tucks it through the back of a baseball cap? Oh my God...it's better than see-through lingerie to me.

Hair is just my weakness. I don't think it's on a fetish level, but I've had many ex-girlfriends with whom I would brush their hair, wash it in the shower, and even braid it. I may do the best and tightest French braids of any heterosexual male in America.

And if a woman ever ties her hair in a pony tail and tucks it through the back of a baseball cap? Oh my God...it's better than see-through lingerie to me.

LMFAO That's pretty much how I wore my hair for years while I worked on the river.

Mmmmmm...damn. That is so freakin' sexy.

Dream woman - long-haired woman wearing baseball cap (hair the way I mentioned above), a football jersey, and tight hip-hugging shorts. I would lose my mind.

Mmmmmm...damn. That is so freakin' sexy.

Dream woman - long-haired woman wearing baseball cap (hair the way I mentioned above), a football jersey, and tight hip-hugging shorts. I would lose my mind.

Go to some games-plenty of women looking like that at football games. Esp. the football ho/groupies:)

Is it just me, or does it seem that a woman's hair becomes shorter as they get older. They have their long flowing locks in their youth, have a few kids, knock it down to shoulder length, hit their 40s and come down to chin length, keep it there until they are in their mid 50s-60s at which point they assume very short hair, usually done up with curlers until the day they die.

I think, it probably depends on which century she lived in.

LOL
Yeah - a lot of woman go that way with their hair. My mother did. She had the most drop dead gorgeous hair . . . and hacked it when she had us kids.

I think, sometimes we dont realise how good our long hair looks. I only realised, when I saw a photo my boyfriend too of mine. I asked him, if it was just a good photo, or if it really looks like that. He said, it looks like that, even though it does not seem to when I look at it in the mirror. I think a photo made me see my hair, as if it was on somebody else, and think objectively about it.

Also, I think the fashion industry encourages us to get a lot of haircuts, by adverting great things the hairdresser can do. So, we have it cut, to some fashion promoted style, even though it would have looked better long.

There is nothing more unattractive than those "art institute" hair cuts with angled bangs or girls with half-inch long bangs.

There, I said it.

It was a major, major revolutionary thing.
All across the country, preachers were roaring from the pulpits that the apocalypse was nigh, because no one could tell women and men apart anymore. :mrgreen:
Women also never- in all the course of human history- wore pants until the WW2 era.

When you think about it, these old women in short poodle-perms and polyester pantsuits, who look so dated and unstylish, are actually revolutionaries.
A hundred years ago, they probably would've all been thrown in jail, or into a mental asylum.

My mother was in her 20s, in the 60s. She was going out one night, during a visit to her mother. Her mother was shocked that she was going to go out in pants, and wouldnt let her leave the house, until she changed into a skirt. I have never seen my grandma in pants.

It's my only physical pet peeve. Legs, butt, tits...all really don't matter all that much. Something about hair though.
That is what my boyfriend says too.

There is nothing more unattractive than those "art institute" hair cuts with angled bangs or girls with half-inch long bangs.

There, I said it.

I look good with edgy, short, geometric, and/or asymmetric haircuts; better than I look with any other sort of hairdo. I've had every sort of hair imaginable: every color, every style.
In the end, the best thing about my hair is its gloss: if I keep it short and dark, it's as smooth and shiny as glass. That's the "special" thing about it: the shininess.
Longer and/or lightened, it gets damaged and loses some of its luster. Rather self-defeating, to pay extra money to destroy the one attribute that makes my hair special.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom