• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Long-forgotten, doomed-for-failure "two states solution"

MyRon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hi,

My name is Ron. I am new here.

As I see it, this long-forgotten notion of a de-militarized, Jewish-State-accepting Palestinian state is an obvious failure that still resonates through the halls of every major decision-making party / mediator.

As I see it, peace did not stand a chance in the first place.

Since the establishment of the terrorist movement, Hamas, and the world's subsequent denial of it being what it has always been - a terror organization, peace was doomed for failure.

Just imagine how it would have turned out, if all Western countries had made sure to declare this rogue entity a barrier for peace and stability, right from the get-go.

No political / financial ties. Total US ban on financial assets and money transferring. No co-operation, non-whatsoever with any entity, including the Palestinian Authority -- total isolation and denial of the right to hold outspoken declarations of the annihilation of the State of Israel.

Where would we be now?

The PA would have its A, B and C territories. It would be totally independent. The whole region would flourish and there would be neighborly co-operation on geographical and financial endeavors, cementing the Middle East as a power of goodness, success and freedom.

But, as we all know, the world has always been and will forever be blind as to how cruel they are, even with their own citizens.

Hamas has no regard for human rights, no qualms about killing people, practically just for the fun of it. Hamas uses children as human shield and bombs its own life-line - border-crossings that provide food and medicine for a decaying population, ripped off of any hope for a better future.

In my opinion, Hamas is far more detrimental for the Palestinians than it is for Israel. They would have long-ago had a state of their own.

THE WORLD IS TO BLAME -

Russia / Muslim countries / myopic Western countries - they're all to blame! If Israel had been bluffing this whole time, not willing to co-operate with peace / giving territories, IT would have been the one isolated and backed into a corner that would have coerced it to negotiate.

Israeli public opinion / election results would have made it impossible for our leaders to perpetuate violence and death.

Instead, we have a potential terror base enveloping Israel on all sides. Hamas would no-doubt seize power of newly-given territories, as it did in 2007, while throwing PA officers off rooftops into their death.

Neither Israel nor the PA is to blame. THE WORLD IS TO BLAME!

I'm sorry but this is total ****ing nonsense. You're trying to place the blame of a local tribal conflict on the rest of the world while excusing all guilt either of the two parties might have. It is 100% the fault of Israel and Palestine. Both nations refuse to compromise and coexist. Israel fundamentally objects to the very existence of the Palestinians and the Palestinians feel the same about Israel. Both parties put their ethnocentric and hyper-religious agenda over being decent human beings and they should be condemned as such. Shame on you for trying to redirect the blame from the people actually committing the atrocities to everyone else.

Hi,

My name is Ron. I am new here.

As I see it, this long-forgotten notion of a de-militarized, Jewish-State-accepting Palestinian state is an obvious failure that still resonates through the halls of every major decision-making party / mediator.

As I see it, peace did not stand a chance in the first place.

Since the establishment of the terrorist movement, Hamas, and the world's subsequent denial of it being what it has always been - a terror organization, peace was doomed for failure.

Just imagine how it would have turned out, if all Western countries had made sure to declare this rogue entity a barrier for peace and stability, right from the get-go.

No political / financial ties. Total US ban on financial assets and money transferring. No co-operation, non-whatsoever with any entity, including the Palestinian Authority -- total isolation and denial of the right to hold outspoken declarations of the annihilation of the State of Israel.

Where would we be now?

The PA would have its A, B and C territories. It would be totally independent. The whole region would flourish and there would be neighborly co-operation on geographical and financial endeavors, cementing the Middle East as a power of goodness, success and freedom.

But, as we all know, the world has always been and will forever be blind as to how cruel they are, even with their own citizens.

Hamas has no regard for human rights, no qualms about killing people, practically just for the fun of it. Hamas uses children as human shield and bombs its own life-line - border-crossings that provide food and medicine for a decaying population, ripped off of any hope for a better future.

In my opinion, Hamas is far more detrimental for the Palestinians than it is for Israel. They would have long-ago had a state of their own.

THE WORLD IS TO BLAME -

Russia / Muslim countries / myopic Western countries - they're all to blame! If Israel had been bluffing this whole time, not willing to co-operate with peace / giving territories, IT would have been the one isolated and backed into a corner that would have coerced it to negotiate.

Israeli public opinion / election results would have made it impossible for our leaders to perpetuate violence and death.

Instead, we have a potential terror base enveloping Israel on all sides. Hamas would no-doubt seize power of newly-given territories, as it did in 2007, while throwing PA officers off rooftops into their death.

Neither Israel nor the PA is to blame. THE WORLD IS TO BLAME!

HI Ron!

The West is dying.

Our failure to solve the ME problem is just one of a huge list of our failures to perform.

We deserve every bit of what is coming for us.

Welcome, Ron, to Debate Politics.

I, too, am a relatively new member.

I may be mistaken, but I think that anything having to do with the Israeli-Palestinian unpleasantness should be posted in the "Middle East" section of the "International" forum.

Be sure to read the rules before posting.

I have never posted there, for the rules are super strict, and I am afraid of unwittingly violating them.

Have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom