• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Long-concealed Records Show Trump's Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

No, he is being INVESTIGATED by the IRS related to some refunds totaling nearly $100m. Look it up.
For those saying Trump has paid almost no taxes, How do you go about getting a $100 million dollar refund,
if you paid nothing in?

The way Trump talks one might believe he does his own taxes. I agree he just signs them.
He hires the best people to do them, and he signs the return.

For those saying Trump has paid almost no taxes, How do you go about getting a $100 million dollar refund,
if you paid nothing in?

Simple
He got the refund for one of the few years he did pay his fair share

Following the tax code, IS NOT ILLEGAL!

I didn't say it was illegal, I said he is dirty. Of course he'll get away with it, he's rich and powerful. And you and others will pretend that proves he isn't dirty. Hah! New to this planet are you? Guys like Trump ooze corruption, he doesn't try to hide it, and apparently the scent of it is highly erotic to 30% of the population.

Why would Trump need to break the law, when his business can write off the expense of hiring the best tax attorneys,
to insure he is both within the law, and maximizing his tax liability.

Jesus, you keep talking about the law, it's about right and wrong. Quit making my point for me. People who have NOTHING pay more taxes than Trump because he's RICH enough to pay attorneys and other lower life forms to help him shirk his duty to his country. He's fine exploiting this nation and its people but how dare he contribute to the country that sustains the very markets from which he parasitically feeds, offering no benefit.

You see the facts right before your eyes. There is a fabulously rich guy paying no taxes and poor people paying more. How do you see that fact and pretend that any objective view of it would not condemn it as inhuman. Who cares if it's ****ing legal.

In this world, the strong should defend, the wise should teach and the rich, by god, should pay taxes. Any other bullshit excuse for Trump is just wealth worship. He claimed over seventy thousand for hairdressing. Are you ****ing kidding?

Simple
He got the refund for one of the few years he did pay his fair share
So slow down and look at the reported numbers for a bit, " Paid No taxes for 10 of the last 18 Years",
" and only paid $750 for 2 years",
That leaves 5 years where he might have paid hundreds of millions of dollars.
You used the phrase " Fair Share", do you know what Everyone's fair share is?
The last time I looked it would be about $13,000 per person per year,
That is the annual spending, divided by the population.
The Government is a service, I wonder why people are so willing to let others carry their load, for using the service.
If you or I go to the grocery store, a loaf of bread is about $2, should the store consider your income,
before telling you your price?

I didn't say it was illegal, I said he is dirty. Of course he'll get away with it, he's rich and powerful. And you and others will pretend that proves he isn't dirty. Hah! New to this planet are you? Guys like Trump ooze corruption, he doesn't try to hide it, and apparently the scent of it is highly erotic to 30% of the population.

Jesus, you keep talking about the law, it's about right and wrong. Quit making my point for me. People who have NOTHING pay more taxes than Trump because he's RICH enough to pay attorneys and other lower life forms to help him shirk his duty to his country. He's fine exploiting this nation and its people but how dare he contribute to the country that sustains the very markets from which he parasitically feeds, offering no benefit.

You see the facts right before your eyes. There is a fabulously rich guy paying no taxes and poor people paying more. How do you see that fact and pretend that any objective view of it would not condemn it as inhuman. Who cares if it's ****ing legal.

In this world, the strong should defend, the wise should teach and the rich, by god, should pay taxes. Any other bullshit excuse for Trump is just wealth worship. He claimed over seventy thousand for hairdressing. Are you ****ing kidding?
You are claiming facts not in evidence! You have no idea what Trumps average annual tax burden is and neither do I,
but it is likely that his business activities contribute an enormous amount to the US revenue.
It starts with all the employees who work at his businesses, and the taxes they do pay.
The likely dozen or so Tax attorneys and accounts, he employs, who also pay taxes.
I wounder over what time period did Trump spend $70,000 on haircuts, and Oh yea, those stylist also pay taxes.

The people they are working for (illegibly) are withholding taxes. This isn't rocket science.

How does an employer withhold taxes without a valid w-4? This isnt rocket science. Its tax law, which is much more complex. Are they using fake social security numbers? Applying for ITINs using fraudulent information?

How does an employer withhold taxes without a valid w-4? This isnt rocket science. Its tax law, which is much more complex. Are they using fake social security numbers? Applying for ITINs using fraudulent information?
They use legitimate social security numbers. The employer withholds taxes and sends them in just like any other employer. This has been going on for decades.

They use legitimate social security numbers. The employer withholds taxes and sends them in just like any other employer. This has been going on for decades.
How does an illegal alien get a legitimate social security number? The law states that only non citizens AUTHORIZED can get one.

How does an illegal alien get a legitimate social security number?

They don't. It's somebody else's SSN.

The law states that only non citizens AUTHORIZED can get one.

News flash. People break the law. Both the illegal immigrants and the business owners who are looking for cheaper labor.

They are using real social security numbers, just not theirs, and Social security knows full well that extra funds are showing up,
some $13 Billion a year
How does an illegal alien get a legitimate social security number? The law states that only non citizens AUTHORIZED can get one.
Flea market!

So slow down and look at the reported numbers for a bit, " Paid No taxes for 10 of the last 18 Years",
" and only paid $750 for 2 years",
That leaves 5 years where he might have paid hundreds of millions of dollars.
You used the phrase " Fair Share", do you know what Everyone's fair share is?
The last time I looked it would be about $13,000 per person per year,
That is the annual spending, divided by the population.
The Government is a service, I wonder why people are so willing to let others carry their load, for using the service.
If you or I go to the grocery store, a loaf of bread is about $2, should the store consider your income,
before telling you your price?

That's a bullshit argument. Some people extract way more from this country and this planet than others and the bill should be higher for them. Some people are draft dodging parasites, like Trump and George W and Rush Limbaugh, who SHOULD pay more than the average person because wealth should never excuse you from your duty as a citizen. When you also consider how the Trump budget was, by design, deficit spending, it's Abundantly clear that the lot of you are entitled elitists.

The poor pay with their lives as they fight the rich man's wars. They pay with their health, as they work in the rich man's factories. They suffer a thousand indignites, their mistreatment being bribed into legality by assholes like Trump. To pretend their contributions are so easily calculated is absurd.

To ask that everyone contribute exactly the same amount is hilarious coming from those who see communists under every rock. Our duty to this nation is not, and never has been, determined through simple division. It is according to our ability to contribute and, in that sense, the repubs have failed this nation to the tune of 25 trillion dollars, with 40 years of trickledown. Man, they've got a lot of ground to make up.

You are claiming facts not in evidence! You have no idea what Trumps average annual tax burden is and neither do I,
but it is likely that his business activities contribute an enormous amount to the US revenue.
It starts with all the employees who work at his businesses, and the taxes they do pay.
The likely dozen or so Tax attorneys and accounts, he employs, who also pay taxes.
I wounder over what time period did Trump spend $70,000 on haircuts, and Oh yea, those stylist also pay taxes.

Certainly, you can't excuse his brand of greed by saying that OTHER, poor people actually paying taxes counts as Trump's contribution. That sort of worship of those who exploit the labor pool is absurd. You expect so little from those who take the most.

I'm not sure what facts you need to admit the reality before us. Our country is under the spell of fascism and it's killing us. When it all crashes, Trump and the other "American" royals will be out of here so fast it will make your head spin. Then, the rest of us will be left wondering why we ever let them take so much.

That's a bullshit argument. Some people extract way more from this country and this planet than others and the bill should be higher for them. Some people are draft dodging parasites, like Trump and George W and Rush Limbaugh, who SHOULD pay more than the average person because wealth should never excuse you from your duty as a citizen. When you also consider how the Trump budget was, by design, deficit spending, it's Abundantly clear that the lot of you are entitled elitists.

The poor pay with their lives as they fight the rich man's wars. They pay with their health, as they work in the rich man's factories. They suffer a thousand indignites, their mistreatment being bribed into legality by assholes like Trump. To pretend their contributions are so easily calculated is absurd.

To ask that everyone contribute exactly the same amount is hilarious coming from those who see communists under every rock. Our duty to this nation is not, and never has been, determined through simple division. It is according to our ability to contribute and, in that sense, the repubs have failed this nation to the tune of 25 trillion dollars, with 40 years of trickledown. Man, they've got a lot of ground to make up.
Again, why should the same service cost more for one person than another?
The benefit derived from the service is not of concern, but the cost of the service.
Everyone in this country has an opportunity to achieve success, not a guarantee of success.

Certainly, you can't excuse his brand of greed by saying that OTHER, poor people actually paying taxes counts as Trump's contribution. That sort of worship of those who exploit the labor pool is absurd. You expect so little from those who take the most.

I'm not sure what facts you need to admit the reality before us. Our country is under the spell of fascism and it's killing us. When it all crashes, Trump and the other "American" royals will be out of here so fast it will make your head spin. Then, the rest of us will be left wondering why we ever let them take so much.
You clearly do not understand that if Trump business creates jobs, all the taxes that are paid as a result of those
jobs, are directly tied to the goods and services that business provides.
If the jobs did not exist, neither would the income tax streams they generate.

The only danger to our country from fascism, is from the supporters of Antifa.
Trump is no more a threat to our Republic than Obama was.
We survived Obama, we will survive Trump,(even if he wins a second term)!
I get that Trump is not a nice guy, but he is not supposed to be.
His Job is to attempt to look out for the US, and to make sure other countries are not taking advantage of us.

Trump gamed the tax code and save millions in taxes. Good for him. This is a nothingburger.
No one should do that.

You clearly do not understand that if Trump business creates jobs, all the taxes that are paid as a result of those
jobs, are directly tied to the goods and services that business provides.
If the jobs did not exist, neither would the income tax streams they generate.

The only danger to our country from fascism, is from the supporters of Antifa.
Trump is no more a threat to our Republic than Obama was.
We survived Obama, we will survive Trump,(even if he wins a second term)!
I get that Trump is not a nice guy, but he is not supposed to be.
His Job is to attempt to look out for the US, and to make sure other countries are not taking advantage of us.
The things you fear are mostly overhyped lies.

That was in response to someone saying,
" Our country is under the spell of fascism and it's killing us. " referring to Trump.

They don't. It's somebody else's SSN.

News flash. People break the law. Both the illegal immigrants and the business owners who are looking for cheaper labor.

So youre argument is Trump sucks because he allegedly pays less tax than someone who illegally entered the country, stole someone's social security number and filed a fraudulent tax return?

Thre funniest part of this story is Republicans got conned by an ancient, broke con man with a big mouth and a combover.

Pssstttt: ALL OF US KNEW HE WAS A CON MAN IN THE 19 FRIGGIN 80S!!!!

So youre argument is Trump sucks because he allegedly pays less tax than someone who illegally entered the country, stole someone's social security number and filed a fraudulent tax return?
Trump sucks for a million different reasons. This is just one of them.

Thre funniest part of this story is Republicans got conned by an ancient, broke con man with a big mouth and a combover.

Pssstttt: ALL OF US KNEW HE WAS A CON MAN IN THE 19 FRIGGIN 80S!!!!

You know, that’s the part that still astounds me.

I knew exactly who Donald Trump;and, what‘s more important, what he is in 1983.

The only thing that surprises me about any of this is that he was allowed to get this far by conning people the way he has.

Back
Top Bottom