• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Long-concealed Records Show Trump's Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

Again, how are they paying federal taxes without identifying themselves as legal workers?
The people they are working for (illegibly) are withholding taxes. This isn't rocket science.

Sure you can have different rules for different people. If you want to get a security clearance, you can bet your tax data is fair game, as are all your friends, your sex life, your drug usage, whether you beat your dog or not, all your school records, everything you bought and every dime you've been paid, etc. It's all fair game because to be exposed to our national secrets means we the public are in fact (through appropriate agencies) entitled to know those intimate details, to help us know that you aren't compromised in any way to anyone that would risk release of classified secrets for any reason. IMO, it's absurd to think the President SHOULD be entitled to financial secrecy when the powers granted him and the information available to him are immense.

I see the presidency as a privilege and I'd happily vote as a member of Congress to require tax returns from any general election candidate. Those who aren't willing to be that transparent can choose not to seek that privilege. But as I see it financial transparency including tax returns is the LEAST that a president owes the public in exchange for the immense powers we grant him.

I can see both sides of this issue. Right now its not required by law for a presidential candidate to disclose his tax returns. I see that as very private information. If I don't like that he or she hasn't revealed it I can express my displeasure at the ballot box. Its not a life or death issue. Mandating that people wear masks in appropriate circumstances IS potentially a life or death issue, so laws are needed to force the dumbasses who refuse to behave properly to repent.

The people they are working for (illegibly) are withholding taxes. This isn't rocket science.
I am not sure that is correct, the illegal workers, have a Social security number (Just not their own),
and the money collected is sent in to Social security and the IRS, but the workers cannot legally
claim a refund, or SS benefits, since the SS number is not theirs.

LOL did they happen to report to you smart people that the wife of the former Mayor of Moscow gave Joe Biden's son $3,500,000? Or do only us stupid people know about that?

Is that a crime? If so cite the code.

I hate to remind you, but Hunter Biden isn't running for office. The smart people know that.

OK, I know that, so are cars, computers, phone systems, servers, and manufacturing equipment, but you're changing your argument which was that "builders never pay income taxes" which is in fact ignorant or dishonest. I've prepared the returns of at least dozens of builders who do pay income taxes. Often not every year, but to claim as a general principle that anyone not "dumb" (to use your term) understands "builders" "never" do is provable nonsense.

FWIW, much of a 'golf course' consists of valuable LAND, like those fairways and tees, etc., which isn't depreciable....
Well, since you do not do Trump's taxes, your opinion is of no value.

Is that a crime? If so cite the code.
I hate to remind you, but Hunter Biden isn't running for office. The smart people know that.
I don't know was it? Why don't we investigate it and find out. Trump's son was grilled for 19 hours by Congress becasue he has a 20 minute meeting with a Russian lawyer about adoptions. Biden's son gets an unexplained $3.5 M from a Russian Oligarch's wife and you guys bury your heads in the sand.

Wow? That's what I want in a president, someone who will game the tax code instead of fixing the tax code! Trump is the Swamp!

So, you're going to vote for a guy who spent 47 years helping make the tax code what it is? You think he isn't gaming the tax code? He's never had a private sector job in his life, but he's a millionaire.

I don't know was it? Why don't we investigate it and find out. Trump's son was grilled for 19 hours by Congress becasue he has a 20 minute meeting with a Russian lawyer about adoptions. Biden's son gets an unexplained $3.5 M from a Russian Oligarch's wife and you guys bury your heads in the sand.

The Republicans in the Senate just investigated it. Or did you miss that too?

The Senate did investigate and found nothing there.

It is a bit funny that payments from RUSSIANS!!! are apparently a big deal now. Trump's kids told us that a big part of their business are Russians. I'm sure if we added up all the condo sales, etc. from the RUSSIANS that it would make $3.5 million look like chicken feed. So is that bad or not? Should we trace all the condo sales for all the Trump properties and count up the amount coming from the RUSSIANS?

I am not sure that is correct, the illegal workers, have a Social security number (Just not their own),
and the money collected is sent in to Social security and the IRS, but the workers cannot legally

Illegal workers can also get a ITIN (same as a SSN, but intended for non-residents, including illegals, not eligible for SS etc.).

A dairy farm near me hired illegals, because it's who would do the work reliably. He was audited, the IRS dinged him for not withholding payroll taxes, he explained they weren't legal, and IRS required him to get a ITIN for those workers. The employer has to pay the same taxes as for residents, but the workers get no benefit, but it's a good thing because it levels the field between legal workers and illegals for purposes of payroll taxes.

Illegal workers can also get a ITIN (same as a SSN, but intended for non-residents, including illegals, not eligible for SS etc.).

A dairy farm near me hired illegals, because it's who would do the work reliably. He was audited, the IRS dinged him for not withholding payroll taxes, he explained they weren't legal, and IRS required him to get a ITIN for those workers. The employer has to pay the same taxes as for residents, but the workers get no benefit, but it's a good thing because it levels the field between legal workers and illegals for purposes of payroll taxes.
True, but most get a SSN from the flea market, Social Security and the IRS, both know extra money is coming in,
but seem alright with it.
I agree that we need a way to bring the illegals out of the shadows, so type of guest worker program.
As an aside, I grew up on a dairy farm, and feel for people who still try to make a living that way.
the saying is, "The girls don't wait", but it means they have to be milked twice a day, and you can NEVER take a vacation,
unless you have someone you trust to be there.

The Senate did investigate and found nothing there.

It is a bit funny that payments from RUSSIANS!!! are apparently a big deal now. Trump's kids told us that a big part of their business are Russians. I'm sure if we added up all the condo sales, etc. from the RUSSIANS that it would make $3.5 million look like chicken feed.

Biden didn't exchange a condo with the Mayor of Moscows wife to get the $3.5 million.

If an illegal alien gets a job using fake ID they still pay taxes (both income and payroll). The taxes are withheld from their checks just like everybody else.

If an illegal alien gets a job using fake ID they still pay taxes (both income and payroll). The taxes are withheld from their checks just like everybody else.
Yes, that is what I said!

He is STILL not running for office. When Hunter Biden runs for office I will worry about where he gets his money and how much he pays in taxes. Until then....its irrelevant drivel.

No. They uncovered it, they didn't investigate it.

Wrong:

WASHINGTON — An election-year investigation by Senate Republicans into corruption allegations against Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter, involving Ukraine found no evidence of improper influence or wrongdoing by the former vice president, closing out an inquiry its leaders had hoped would tarnish the Democratic presidential nominee.

End of discussion.

So, you're going to vote for a guy who spent 47 years helping make the tax code what it is? You think he isn't gaming the tax code? He's never had a private sector job in his life, but he's a millionaire.
How much have you made writing/selling books and speaking engagements?
Maybe Joe is just better at it than you. Do you have income envy?

Back
Top Bottom