• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Long-concealed Records Show Trump's Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

I don't much care what the MAGAs believe or not.

The rest of us know the NYT has no incentive to make very specific, to the dollar, claims about tax records by year that are false, because Trump can prove them liars in about a half hour by releasing one page from just one or two returns.
Really? I think we both know that you'd have as much chance believing that as believing what he's already said.

What "incentive" as you put it, does the NY Times have in not providing documentary evidence of their claims?

Unfortunately, that is not what the last four-year history has shown. Therapists have been flooded with sane people like this.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the humor but recognize your pain. Bless your heart.

Oh, that's "the left"? Here's the right...

hillbilly.jpg

well the question is, how is Trump playing dirty? by exposing actual corruption with longstanding politicians? or calling out the rioting as wrong? OR nominating a supreme court justice per the Constitution of the US?

OR investigating criminal activity in FBI surveillance which they have found?

which of those is "dirty"?
Its amazing how dishonest people like you are so let's got over these stupid points one by one.

1)claiming there will voter fraud, that dems are rigging the election. Slowing down mail services just off the top of my head. Oh.biden is on drugs..
2)what corruption has he exposed exactly? Besides zero.made up bullshit isn't corruption, its made up bullshit.
3)both trump and biden have called it out. One would rather heal and the other put a boot to your neck.
4)nobody is saying he can't elect a judge. The issue is the hypocrisy from mitch during obamas term and stopping a seat Obama should have been able to put someone on.
5) yeah an edited piece of paper really isn't corruption. In fact its just worthless.

The moral here is you have nothing. You have the seats and power currently and thats why you flaunt it in such a fashion on these boards.

Soon as the power flips you will be on here crying about your rights and how unfair things are.

Too ****ing bad

All of his returns are handled by an accounting firm. I'm no expert on tax law so I am not sure how liability falls but I would imagine he has very little to do with any of his taxes.
An accountant can only work with the information provided by the client, on trust. If he's sold a pack of lies by the client that's all he can work with if he has nothing else to go on.

He's been audited every year by the IRS, and had his records combed through with the Mueller investigation.

Do you really think there's something there that these other auditors, haven't found? Do you think an armchair accountant, with the limited data released in personal tax returns, is going to find something new?
At the risk of repeating myself an accountant can only work with what the client presents him with. If they are lies, distortions or fraudulently inflated property valuations, for example, he has no way of knowing.

Trump will rue the day he was elected president. Too much scrutiny for a crook.

His real problems will start when he leaves office. He certainly won't have anyone left in office to pardon him.

At the risk of repeating myself an accountant can only work with what the client presents him with. If they are lies, distortions or fraudulently inflated property valuations, for example, he has no way of knowing.

Irrelevant point. And an IRS audit doesn't stop at asking the accountant.

A couple of immediate takeaways here:

1)All of his businesses were bleeding money. He was relying on the Presidential campaign to revive his marketability since his Apprentice royalties were drying up, along with everything else.

2)He's profiting from the Presidency to stem the bleeding.

Actually hes donated all his income from serving as President, and I suspect the last 4 years has been down in profit for his businesses.

Actually hes donated all his income from serving as President, and I suspect the last 4 years has been down in profit for his businesses.

,,,carrying on his tradition of losing money.

Trump gamed the tax code and save millions in taxes. Good for him. This is a nothingburger.
Wow? That's what I want in a president, someone who will game the tax code instead of fixing the tax code! Trump is the Swamp!

Revealing how easily I can take you from-

to

I think I see why you're confused, but the confusion is solely the result of your poor reading comprehension.

Of course it's relevant! Or are you suggesting accountants are blessed with clairvoyance? Let's also not forget that Trump is under criminal investigation.

No, Im suggesting that the IRS doesn't start and stop their investigation with the targets accountant. And as far as taxes go, the IRS has been investigating for years and hasn't found anything yet.

I think I see why you're confused, but the confusion is solely the result of your poor reading comprehension.

I quoted your posts. No need to rely upon my comprehension of them.

I quoted your posts. No need to rely upon my comprehension of them.

Yes, I know you quoted them, and you didn't understand them because you just don't read too good.

Really? I think we both know that you'd have as much chance believing that as believing what he's already said.

What "incentive" as you put it, does the NY Times have in not providing documentary evidence of their claims?

Not burning their source.

Bottom line is Trump can make the NYT and all we gullible TDS liberals look like dumb, biased DEEP STATE idiots out to get him oppress him, etc... by releasing ONE page of ONE return. We both know he's not going to do that because it will confirm the NYT reporting.

Builders do pay income taxes. They can sometimes avoid them for years doing like kind exchanges and what not but eventually, if they make money, as in real profits, they do pay taxes.

Without regard to that, what was reported in the story are several operating BUSINESSES, like Doral, most of his golf courses in general, and the D.C. hotel are bleeding cash - losing money on operations. Has nothing to do with building those entities, but buying them and running $millions and millions in red ink per year operating them.
Buildings and golf courses are both depreciable assets. If you have a bitch with Trumps taxes, take it up with congress and the IRS. Otherwise.................

Gaming the tax code isn't legal.

Ask Al Capone.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

There is a difference between tax evasion, tax avoidance, and tax deferment.

Its amazing how dishonest people like you are so let's got over these stupid points one by one.

1)claiming there will voter fraud, that dems are rigging the election. Slowing down mail services just off the top of my head. Oh.biden is on drugs..
2)what corruption has he exposed exactly? Besides zero.made up bullshit isn't corruption, its made up bullshit.
3)both trump and biden have called it out. One would rather heal and the other put a boot to your neck.
4)nobody is saying he can't elect a judge. The issue is the hypocrisy from mitch during obamas term and stopping a seat Obama should have been able to put someone on.
5) yeah an edited piece of paper really isn't corruption. In fact its just worthless.

The moral here is you have nothing. You have the seats and power currently and thats why you flaunt it in such a fashion on these boards.

Soon as the power flips you will be on here crying about your rights and how unfair things are.

Too ****ing bad
The deflection, deception, and denial runs deep with the Trumpeteers and Cultsts.

Perhaps, it is just me, but the thread title, "
Long-concealed Records Show Trump's Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

Implies a lack of understand of an income tax.
If a person or a business has a loss for the year, there is no income, so therefore no income to tax!
In the property Business, it is entirely possible to have a negative income during a given year, and all perfectly legal.
Say a large Hotel, built in the 1970's has to shutdown for 6 months for asbestos removal.
If the property normally makes $100 million a year, but in that year only made $50 million, and the
asbestos removal cost $60 million, the property would loose $10 million on the year.
Income taxes are based on NET profits, not GROSS profits.

Buildings and golf courses are both depreciable assets. If you have a bitch with Trumps taxes, take it up with congress and the IRS. Otherwise.................

OK, I know that, so are cars, computers, phone systems, servers, and manufacturing equipment, but you're changing your argument which was that "builders never pay income taxes" which is in fact ignorant or dishonest. I've prepared the returns of at least dozens of builders who do pay income taxes. Often not every year, but to claim as a general principle that anyone not "dumb" (to use your term) understands "builders" "never" do is provable nonsense.

FWIW, much of a 'golf course' consists of valuable LAND, like those fairways and tees, etc., which isn't depreciable....

Back
Top Bottom