• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Long-concealed Records Show Trump's Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

Bullshit. Read it again, or at least for the first time. Hell, I'll even quote a relevant section for you.

He lied to the IRS, and tried to steal 72.9 million dollars from all of us. That is by far more corruption than any other President in the history of this country. And he did other very shady shit too. Claimed Ivanka (his daughter) as a consultant so that he could deduct most of a million dollars. He's got more ties (both business and debts) with foreign countries than previously known. Do you not see why this could cause problems for national security? An American president drowning in personal debt can be strongarmed by dictators and bad actors around the globe. This would be true even if the president was a patriotic American who placed his duty above personal problems. This is EXACTLY WHY it's important to make presidents divest from personal businesses.

That isn't your money. He didn't steal shit from you.

Trump does. He personally guaranteed the debt. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Nope! His business capacity owes the money. No other way around that reality.

Last edited:
That isn't your money. He didn't steal shit from you.
He tried to steal 72million dollars from the US of A using a brazen lie. I pay my taxes. Presumably, so do you. This country is in serious debt, and every few million helps. Why are you ok with this corruption?

Nope! His business capacity owes the money. No other way around that reality.
Look up what it means to personally guarantee a debt. I'm not going to spoon feed you any more quotes. If his business can't pay 400 million dollars (and it certainly looks like it can't), Donald Trump the individual is on the hook.

He tried to steal 72million dollars from the US of A using a brazen lie. I pay my taxes. Presumably, so do you. This country is in serious debt, and every few million helps. Why are you ok with this corruption?

It's a legal tax refund. You can thank Obama for that one.

Look up what it means to personally guarantee a debt. I'm not going to spoon feed you any more quotes. If his business can't pay 400 million dollars (and it certainly looks like it can't), Donald Trump the individual is on the hook.

Have you seen the books? I bet not.

It's a legal tax refund. You can thank Obama for that one.
It's only a legal tax refund IF YOU DON'T LIE. When you lie like Donald did, it becomes extremely ILLEGAL
Have you seen the books? I bet not.
Sure, maybe he's got enough assets floating around to pay his debts. Believe it or not, I really hope he does have it all under control. The alternative is every tin pot dictator around the world having an easy way to coerce favors from a desperate president of the united states. That should scare you, it certainly scares me.

Just another smear job by the NYT, as if these morons would have Trump’s tax returns

Trump gamed the tax code and save millions in taxes. Good for him. This is a nothingburger.

Yeah 'gamed' them by committing fraud. Time to force feed this burger. Pay up Donald!

Where did they say that these were "returns"?

Whatever you want to call it! Just total bullshit, as if these morons have access to information like this

“The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office.”

Trump gamed the tax code and save millions in taxes. Good for him. This is a nothingburger.

Cheating on taxes is a crime.

Michael Cohen paid over $3 million in taxes, and still went to jail for tax evasion (among a few other things).

I don't think you understand the gravity of this story.

Because Capone didn't file tax returns reporting his income. See the difference, yet?

Not filing and tax evasion, and filing and tax evasion, is still tax evasion.

Moreover, just because you filed, doesn't mean you filed everything you are supposed to file.

Most tax evasion cases that lead to jail, the culprits filed, as did Michael Cohen.

Apparently you are seeing differences that do not exist.

Whatever you want to call it! Just total bullshit, as if these morons have access to information like this

“The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office.”

They're Trump business tax records. Not personal tax records. Totally fair game. Besides he still has yet to fulfill his 2016 promise to release his actual tax returns. When is that going to happen? Or is that only going to happen via a subpoena?

They're Trump business tax records. Not personal tax records. Totally fair game. Besides he still has yet to fulfill his 2016 promise to release his actual tax returns. When is that going to happen? Or is that only going to happen via a subpoena?

Nope you don’t understand the English language, read it again! I’m not interested in the bullshit debate if he should release them, that’s his business not mine.

“The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.”

Nope you don’t understand the English language, read it again! I’m not interested in the bullshit debate if he should release them, that’s his business not mine.

“The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.”

There is nothing illegal about them publishing the information if THEY didn’t obtain or induce them to be obtained illegally.

Even if the person they got them from got them illegally, unless the Times induced that person to obtain them then there is no crime.

Trump can always sue for libel but discovery for him will not be pretty.

There is nothing illegal about them publishing the information if THEY didn’t obtain or induce them to be obtained illegally.

Even if the person they got them from got them illegally, unless the Times induced that person to obtain them then there is no crime.

Trump can always sue for libel but discovery for him will not be pretty.

Wtf has that got to do with my post?

As with other unsavory news about President of the United States of America Donald Trump, this wil have little effect on his 'approval' rating in the numerous polls. As I've noted in the past, Donald Trump the man is of minor importance compared to Donald Trump the symbol. As long as we have a large number of Americans who feel that government is not paying attention to their needs*, President Donald Trump can do and say whatever he likes and their loyalty to him will not waver. He represents their discomfort.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

* Those needs are, to a large extent, cultural.

Obviously there is no hard evidence of fraud but it looks like he gamed the tax code like every wealthy person does in the country. The tax code was designed by the wealthy for the wealthy.

What does it actually tell us about Trump? It tells us that he talks a big game but in reality he's a horrible business man. Lies about his capabilities should be taken to task. This is not the POTUS we want at the helm to take us out of a recession and repair financial ties to other countries.

As with other unsavory news about President of the United States of America Donald Trump, this wil have little effect on his 'approval' rating in the numerous polls. As I've noted in the past, Donald Trump the man is of minor importance compared to Donald Trump the symbol. As long as we have a large number of Americans who feel that government is not paying attention to their needs*, President Donald Trump can do and say whatever he likes and their loyalty to him will not waver. He represents their discomfort.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

* Those needs are, to a large extent, cultural.
In most part I agree, the two polls I have seen so far 80% said this information will have no impact on how they vote. But, that also means nearly 20% said it would and in an election year where trump needs every vote he can get the loss of even a small number of voters could be real trouble. Trump like is October surprises, looks like this one is not going to be one he likes.

I know he's under audit...

:ROFLMAO:
Hilarious. Nobody is "under audit" for four years! Every business is required to be audited annually and to present those results to the tax man, thus there are years of completed audited returns available from Trump's various enterprises.

Not filing and tax evasion, and filing and tax evasion, is still tax evasion.

Moreover, just because you filed, doesn't mean you filed everything you are supposed to file.

Most tax evasion cases that lead to jail, the culprits filed, as did Michael Cohen.

Apparently you are seeing differences that do not exist.
Tax evasion is what did for Al Capone eventually.

he paid that his year he got into office huh? and the first year IN office huh?

they are idiots... what did Trump say he did with all of his businesses when he was elected? "turned them over to his adult children to run."

he may NOT have owed more than 750 personally those years, or even still. it all depends on how he interacts with his businesses.

this is going to turn out to be another propaganda shitshow by our crappy msm

they are idiots... what did Trump say he did with all of his businesses when he was elected? "turned them over to his adult children to run."

he may NOT have owed more than 750 personally those years, or even still. it all depends on how he interacts with his businesses.

Well if Trump wants to play dirty so will his opponents. That's the way of adversarial politics, in case it escaped your attention.

Well if Trump wants to play dirty so will his opponents. That's the way of adversarial politics, in case it escaped your attention.

well the question is, how is Trump playing dirty? by exposing actual corruption with longstanding politicians? or calling out the rioting as wrong? OR nominating a supreme court justice per the Constitution of the US?

OR investigating criminal activity in FBI surveillance which they have found?

which of those is "dirty"?

He could put all the speculation to rest and release his tax returns today...

In most part I agree, the two polls I have seen so far 80% said this information will have no impact on how they vote. But, that also means nearly 20% said it would and in an election year where trump needs every vote he can get the loss of even a small number of voters could be real trouble. Trump like is October surprises, looks like this one is not going to be one he likes.

Hi!

Thank you for your response. We're now located some 5 weeks out on the road to Election Day. [Ed.: It might well stretch out into 'Election Week'.] It took me quite a while to reach some small understanding of the pro-Trump loyalists. A secular humanist, I rebel against thinking of them as, well, 'them'. They are me, too. We are all h. sapiens, after all. Once I realized that we differ primarily in our willingness to accept the changing country and world around us, other things fell into place. The political success of President Donald Trump was one of them.

What I am not happy with, though, is how this -- discontent with cultural change -- plays out when one begins to look for similarities in nations which changed from a democracy to an authoritarian 'strong man' political structure.

Back
Top Bottom