• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

London fire live updates: Blaze engulfs apartment block

Re: Huge inferno devastates London tower block

BBC has a longish piece up with lots of pics....makes not the slightest effort to inform us on what the cause was, because that's how so-called journalists roll now.

An old school reporter would have something to say on the cause, not saying anything is gross negligence.

Considering they are in fact still fighting the fire, I would say if it's not glaringly obvious the cause will come out in due course. Your claim for gross negligence is utterly ridiculous.

BBC has a longish piece up with lots of pics....makes not the slightest effort to inform us on what the cause was, because that's how so-called journalists roll now.

An old school reporter would have something to say on the cause, not saying anything is gross negligence.

This information will be released once investigations have been completed. The fire broke out at approx 1.15am. Firefighters are still battling the blaze and it's unknown how many casualties there are. Important things first. Rescue and attend to all those injured and extinguish the fire.

I don't suspect this was intentional. Reports I've seen stated that the building has a history of fire code violations.

Considering they are in fact still fighting the fire, I would say if it's not glaringly obvious the cause will come out in due course. Your claim for gross negligence is utterly ridiculous.

Some people prefer news agencies that simply fabricate facts out of thin or no information instead of withholding statements until the facts become clear. You must watch Fox News, Hawkeye?

He decided to sit this one out.

london-fire.png

Here is a live view of it:

I do not recall ever seeing an entire building that is remotely this tall (27 stories) almost completely on fire.

Maybe because most large buildings have sprinkler systems and smoke detectors that work.

My guess is that whoever owns this building will be paying a lot in damages.

This shouldn't have happened.

Anybody shouting "Allahu Akbar" as it was burning?

Anybody shouting "Allahu Akbar" as it was burning?

Moderator's Warning:
This poster is now thread banned. Anyone else say ANYTHING THIS THOUGHTLESS AND STUPID, and you will absolutely feel my wrath. Go ahead. Make my day.

This information will be released once investigations have been completed. The fire broke out at approx 1.15am. Firefighters are still battling the blaze and it's unknown how many casualties there are. Important things first. Rescue and attend to all those injured and extinguish the fire.

"THE CAUSE" of course being so unimportant that it will get gotten to eventually....maybe.

Nope, does not work for me.

Sounds like somebody wasn't being heard. :doh

If anyone is responsible for intentionally starting this, and it's sounding that way, they need to be locked up for life.

_96481298_040046953-1.jpg

_96481295_040046890-1.jpg

_96481975_tower.jpg

Absolutely horrific, the building had upgrading work done within the last 2 years and the speed of the spread of fire seems to have caught many poor souls out. People jumping from buildings, children trapped in burning rooms - one man who escaped talked of how there were no fire alarms going.

The emergency services are doing an amazing job but the building seems just a shell now.

London fire: Flames engulf tower block - BBC News

Condolences to those affected, R.I.P to those who lost their lives.

This is awful!

There is no way I can look/listen to something like that!

Here it is, again - children trapped in the burning building heard screaming for help:

Maybe because most large buildings have sprinkler systems and smoke detectors that work.

My guess is that whoever owns this building will be paying a lot in damages.

This shouldn't have happened.

The owner should be put in jail

I heard this report this morning, one of the saddest things if it turns out to be true. Can't imagine how she will live with herself, poor woman.

The owner should be put in jail

Even more reports now from survivors that there were no fire alarms sounding. Sounding more and more like a criminal prosecution should get underway once this is over.

Here it is, again - children trapped in the burning building heard screaming for help:

Are you sick or something? Why do you keep posting the most horrific, with kids?

Are you sick or something? Why do you keep posting the most horrific, with kids?

No, I was embedding it, which I couldn't do the last time.

I'm not trying to be morbid - the whole incident is gruesome enough as it is - just trying to show what the people are going through.
No sense whitewashing this tragedy. It's the only way to learn the hard lessons from it.

No, I was embedding it, which I couldn't do the last time.

I'm not trying to be morbid - the whole incident is gruesome enough as it is - just trying to show what the people are going through.
No sense whitewashing this tragedy.

I apologize then. Glad to hear you're not morbid or anything :)

Faulty refrigerator blew up on 4th floor - multiple reports.

The good news is London Fire Brigade say they rescued large numbers.

Faulty refrigerator blew up on 4th floor - multiple reports.

The good news is London Fire Brigade say they rescued large numbers.

Who knows if the refrigerator was actually faulty - this building has had a rash of problems related to power surges caused by faulty wiring, with people having previously reported that their appliances were going up in smoke.

This is HORRIBLE. First reports sound like problems with electrical wiring in the building are the cause.

Back
Top Bottom