• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LOL Surprise! Trump pivoting on Immigration.

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
His supporters won't care, because as much as they claimed to be supporting him for his hard line on immigration, it's really just a personality cult.

I like especially that he's now attacking Obama for being too harsh on illegal immigration. Gosh. Who could have seen this coming? :roll:

One of the big issues that attracted many to Trump's side has suffered the same fate as pretty much every positions Trump takes...

“President Obama has mass deported vast numbers of people -- the most ever, and it’s never reported. I think people are going to find that I have not only the best policies, but I will have the biggest heart of anybody,” said Trump in an interview with Bloomberg.... When pressed further on his mass deportation stances, he responded with "No, I would not call it mass deportations."

Trump's hard stance on immigration was one of his key selling points. His no nonsense talk about Mexican immigrants, prohibiting immigration from countries, and even building a "deportation force" that would rid this country of the illegal element. A promise he said he could accomplish in under two years....

His supporters won't care, because as much as they claimed to be supporting him for his hard line on immigration, it's really just a personality cult.

I like especially that he's now attacking Obama for being too harsh on illegal immigration. Gosh. Who could have seen this coming? :roll:

It's understandable, he's going to have to run against Santa Clause.

Personality cult really is the perfect description.

“President Obama has mass deported vast numbers of people -- the most ever, and it’s never reported.

Funny, when someone says that here you can literally feel the rage and hatred through the keyboards and monitors of the Republicans as they vent their hate at Obama because they are 100% sure that stat is false and that he is giving the country away to the Mexicans and Muslims.

But Trump says it and I'm betting there will be no rage.

Funny, when someone says that here you can literally feel the rage and hatred through the keyboards and monitors of the Republicans as they vent their hate at Obama because they are 100% sure that stat is false and that he is giving the country away to the Mexicans and Muslims.

But Trump says it and I'm betting there will be no rage.

Especially when he's lying through his teeth. Obama double counts his deportations, has since the beginning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...amned-lies-and-obamas-deportation-statistics/

This article explains it best.

I don't really care if Trump says stupid stuff about Obama...chances are whatever he's saying is true, anyway.

But this notion that Trump is "pivoting" on immigration is false.

Look...Trump has never really advocated for "mass deportation". Those words have been put into his mouth by lots of people, though. If you look at Trump's stated views and policies on dealing with illegal immigration, you'll see that other than enforcing current laws which would likely result in increased deportations, what he's advocated is MORE likely to result in massive self-deportation. In other words, illegal immigrants finding that their free ride and our countries lax law enforcement coming to an end and leaving on their own.

So...him saying something like him not engaging in mass deportation is NOT something different. Something different would be along the lines of what Obama did about gay marriage. First he said he was against it and then, when it was politically advantageous, he said he "evolved" and now he's for it. Trump hasn't done anything like that.

“President Obama has mass deported vast numbers of people -- the most ever, and it’s never reported. I think people are going to find that I have not only the best policies, but I will have the biggest heart of anybody,” said Trump in an interview with Bloomberg.... When pressed further on his mass deportation stances, he responded with "No, I would not call it mass deportations."
He would not call it mass deportations?

Does this mean that he would send mass numbers of people back to where they came from but call it something else? Like "mass re-population" or something?:lol:

I don't really care if Trump says stupid stuff about Obama...chances are whatever he's saying is true, anyway.

:lamo The man is a serial liar.

But this notion that Trump is "pivoting" on immigration is false.

Look...Trump has never really advocated for "mass deportation".

Donald Trump promises 'deportation force' to remove 11 million illegal immigrants

Donald Trump Releases Immigration Plan: Deport Illegals Now

Those words have been put into his mouth by lots of people, though.

Donald Trump: "We have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out."

I am like, totally, like shocked or something, that like this is even happening. Didn't like, the Trump swear he'd like be the guy who ya know, did what he like said, that's why like, he was better then, like the GOP others? Like totally bummed dude.

Like I said...I don't care if Trump says stupid stuff about Obama. This link is dismissed.

But, let's look at these other links you've presented, eh?

Exactly what IS this "deportation force"? I'm thinking it's nothing more than the increased personnel in ICE that he wants in order to simply enforce our existing immigration laws. Nothing about "mass deportation" here.

This article is a fair summation of Trumps plan...but I don't see anything in there about "mass deportation".

I have no idea why you presented this link since it expressly talks about "self-deportation". Nothing about "mass deportation" here.

From your link:

But Trump insisted that he would be able to achieve his goal as people would go back on their own, which he described as self-deportation.

“They’re going to get in line with other people. The best of them will come back, but they’re going to come back through a process,” he said, adding that self-deportation would be successful.

“Self-deportation is people are going to leave as soon as they see others going out. If you look at Dwight Eisenhower in the 1950s, they started moving people out and the rest of them left,” he said.

“Self-deportation, as I really define it, and that’s the way I define it, is you’re going to get some to go, and the rest are going to go out,” Trump said.

As I've said...all this blather about mass deportations is nothing more than others putting words in his mouth.

All Trump really needs to do is start seriously and heavily fining employers that hire illegals and they will in fact self-deport.

In other words, uphold the law.

Trump, pandering again.

He is the candidate for angry, uneducated, unskilled white guys

I am like, totally, like shocked or something, that like this is even happening. Didn't like, the Trump swear he'd like be the guy who ya know, did what he like said, that's why like, he was better then, like the GOP others? Like totally bummed dude.

I know, right. If only someone had warned us. Repeatedly. For months.

Back
Top Bottom