• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lol, NYT Inadvertently Runs Story Exposing Slum Lord's Names,

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Dt9cZdSU0AAIVUM

Dt9cZdTVsAYTfA8

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/04/nyregion/nyc-landlord-database-who-owns-what.html

Hmm, what pattern can you spot in the list of the 20 worst landlords? I just can't say for sure... it's too difficult...declare the App to be Alt Right so we can obscure facts again... oh dears...

It looks like it's mostly men. I'm not sure on a couple of the names but I guess men are most likely to be slumlords.

Yes, that's it! We'll frame this as an issue of needing more women landlords in NYC. Brilliant.

Is there an ethnic commonality here?

Of course there are two sides to every story and the other side of this one is that with rent stabilization at least many "slumlords" claim that they can't afford to maintain their properties because the rent aren't high enough.

Don't know personally as I'm not a lord - slum or otherwise - but given the high cost of everything in New York I don't have a hard time buying that argument.

Yes, that's it! We'll frame this as an issue of needing more women landlords in NYC. Brilliant.

All this proves is NYC landlords and developers are a scummy bunch in a scummy business. I wonder which one you will support for President after Trump?

All this proves is NYC landlords and developers are a scummy bunch in a scummy business. I wonder which one you will support for President after Trump?

Maybe Larry Silverstein, who tried to profit off of the 9/11 attacks due to his owning of the WTC complex. Very fine people.

Maybe Larry Silverstein, who tried to profit off of the 9/11 attacks due to his owning of the WTC complex. Very fine people.

I doubt he could be more of a jerk than Trump who claimed he saw "Muslims cheering from rooftops" after the Towers went down.

I doubt he could be more of a jerk than Trump who claimed he saw "Muslims cheering from rooftops" after the Towers went down.

In addition Trump accepted $150,000 from a fund designed to help small businesses recover after 9/11.

Is there an ethnic commonality here?

Now that you mention it. There does seem to be a disproportionate amount of names that are traditionally, well, nevermind........... :bolt

How the hell are people like the OP allowed to post on this forum?

Storrmfront Lite. My God!!!

Anti-Trumpers are disappointed Trump's name isn't on that list. It'd be one more thing they can fling around on the weekend news shows and give the House Dems another excuse to waste taxpayer money on a "special committee investigation".

But i'm sure if they play "100 Degrees of Separation", they might get something.

I asked a question...."They are all men?" Why don't you just go ahead and say what your intention is here?

Well the reason I asked you is that some of these first names are unknown to me, and I couldn't tell which gender they were more commonly associated with. Such as
- Rawle
- Meir
- Deodat
- Getz
- Uzy

Well the reason I asked you is that some of these first names are unknown to me, and I couldn't tell which gender they were more commonly associated with. Such as
- Rawle
- Meir
- Deodat
- Getz
- Uzy

DA JOOS, amirite? Stop hemming and hawing, puss!

- Rawle
- Meir
- Deodat
- Getz
- Uzy

And yet other names were not unknown to you, to the extent that you decided to start a thread about them. Do tell, what is the hidden pattern?

Back
Top Bottom