• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lol, NYT Inadvertently Runs Story Exposing Slum Lord's Names,

Hmm, what pattern can you spot in the list of the 20 worst landlords? I just can't say for sure... it's too difficult...declare the App to be Alt Right so we can obscure facts again... oh dears...

Why do you say it's 'inadvertent'? And what's wrong with exposing them?

I think the implication is that the landlords and the NYT are all part of the same conspiracy to destroy America and create the NWO

Given the background of NYT's owner and it's staff, I doubt they'd have signed off on this story had they known it might drive traffic to an app that accurately exposes who the slumlords are in NYC.

IMO, nothing is wrong with exposing them, but as you can see from the reaction comments, many folks wish to keep the list of names unpublished.

I was one of the first members/guests to read the OP when there were no replies yet.

Although I am not very intelligent, I eventually figured out what the OP was implying.

Of course, I decided not to give my two bits about this hot potato.

I am glad, however, that Debate Politics has allowed its publication, although I have the feeling that the moderators are carefully weighing their options.

It's quite absurd to oppose the OP if one wouldn't have objected to the list had the names all been associated with white Anglo Saxon Protestants, isn't it? So why the double standard?

Malcolm X said basically what the OP confirms, over 50 years ago. I knew his claim had validity for the time period of the 1960's, but was quite surprised to learn that conditions are virtually the same today. Prior to seeing the list, I would have expected perhaps different names to comprise the slumlord list, as we're often told stereotypes have no basis in reality.

Given the background of NYT's owner and it's staff, I doubt they'd have signed off on this story had they known it might drive traffic to an app that accurately exposes who the slumlords are in NYC.

IMO, nothing is wrong with exposing them, but as you can see from the reaction comments, many folks wish to keep the list of names unpublished.

Sorry, I didn't see anyone say that or even hint at it.

Is that because some antisemitic asshole might make a bunch of noise about the names on that list, even though he has no clue who those people are? You may have a point there :roll:

Dt9cZdSU0AAIVUM

Dt9cZdTVsAYTfA8

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/04/nyregion/nyc-landlord-database-who-owns-what.html

Hmm, what pattern can you spot in the list of the 20 worst landlords? I just can't say for sure... it's too difficult...declare the App to be Alt Right so we can obscure facts again... oh dears...

What are the odds all 20 of these scummy landlords are far right conservative republicans?

Is that because some antisemitic asshole might make a bunch of noise about the names on that list, even though he has no clue who those people are? You may have a point there :roll:

Nothing's changed in 50 years since Malcom X's speech, except that people are absolutely afraid of the truth today. When Malcom X named the financial exploiters of black residents 50 years ago, it was given serious consideration.

Yes, twice. Now tell me the post number of the post that is saying or hinting that this list should not be published.

Why did several posters get their panties in a knot over this thread, if they're comfortable with the list being published?

Why did several posters get their panties in a knot over this thread, if they're comfortable with the list being published?

because of the obvious meaning you were trying to tie to it. Not the fact that it's a list of slumlords. I doubt anyone, besides a slumlord on the list, would mind it being published. It gives people a heads up that are looking for a place to live. But that wasn't what you were aiming for.

So again, where did someone say they didn't think the list should be published?

because of the obvious meaning you were trying to tie to it. Not the fact that it's a list of slumlords. I doubt anyone, besides a slumlord on the list, would mind it being published. It gives people a heads up that are looking for a place to live. But that wasn't what you were aiming for.

I see what you're saying. It's OK, in your view, to publish such information, but not to add commentary in reference to the pattern one notices from the list. You're aware that the media doesn't practice such restraint, and views everything along racial/ethnic/religious identity, I hope.

So again, where did someone say they didn't think the list should be published?

It's safe to say that those calling for the thread to be flushed, and me to be banned are upset I published the list.

I see what you're saying. It's OK, in your view, to publish such information, but not to add commentary in reference to the pattern one notices from the list. You're aware that the media doesn't practice such restraint, and views everything along racial/ethnic/religious identity, I hope.

It's safe to say that those calling for the thread to be flushed, and me to be banned are upset I published the list.

It has nothing to do with the list. Ask yourself this, if there was not one ethnic name on the list, would you have made a thread about it?

It has nothing to do with the list. Ask yourself this, if there was not one ethnic name on the list, would you have made a thread about it?

I can't say for sure, but when I'm told constantly that stereotypes are 100% false, yet the ethnicity of slumlords in NYC is one stereotype which appears to be 100% true, I'm going to publish that fact however I can. The emperor has no clothes Holbritter!

Wouldnt be the first time, but in this case knowing the OPs posting history I dont think so.

When did I ever say anything about a New World Order, or Jewish people being behind such a thing? You must have me confused with someone else. Nice Churchill quotes by the way. He actually did believe in an international conspiracy, but I see you're ignoring that publication.

When did I ever say anything about a New World Order, or Jewish people being behind such a thing? You must have me confused with someone else. Nice Churchill quotes by the way. He actually did believe in an international conspiracy, but I see you're ignoring that publication.

I see you are still ignoring reality, hows that working out for you?

I see you are still ignoring reality, hows that working out for you?

Which part of my comment contradicted reality? I doubt you really believe that, you were just trying to save face.

Which part of my comment contradicted reality? I doubt you really believe that, you were just trying to save face.
Teh part where you try to pretend you are not an neo-Nazi

Back
Top Bottom